Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now PSFF17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 79 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 118 reviews
on January 30, 2016
Long time ago, I took an online class about cyber bullying, many years before the omni-presence of social media. At the moment, I did find the phenomenon very scary and as dangerous as a lethal poison, but following recent stories in the media or personal accounts of friends with children of different ages, it seems that nowadays the extent of the phenomenon is much extended and often takes deadly turns.
Changing my Wardrobe, by Deb Hanrahan is telling a bullying story, covering the experiences of a group of teens entering the final years of school. The pace is slow, with a certain routine of the characters and almost unpredictable events. The plot in itself is captivating, well writen, keeping the reader till the terrible end of the story.
Read the rest of the review on my blog: http://wildwritinglife.blogspot.de/2016/01/book-review-changing-my-wardrobe-by-deb.html
on April 7, 2012
I really enjoyed reading this book.It was well written,It reminded me of high school to be honest.These issues are real and are coming to light more often.I will say at the end I felt the author had already ended the book and then surprised me.I thought all issues were resolved and I turn to the next chapter and was blown away.I personally feel the book could have ended without this ending and still be a good book..the ending was not needed.Sure you don't need happy endings all the time but when you resolve the issues then blindside a reader it plan out stinks.I know the author had her reasons im sure for ending the book as it did but like I said before the book could have ended without it or with an epilogue.But that is just my lowly opinion.
on July 29, 2013
I finished the book in 1 and a half days so far it was one of my favorite books till the end i don't want to be a spoiler but beware . STOP reading this comment now if you don't want to know what happens in the end.ok so she meaning the main character linsey was trying to save her best friend teeny from a gun shot she thought she was to late but then her boyfriends mom and sister who died came up to her and said she was dead then she was watching what people were doing since her death. every single her friend teeny would do a ritual were she would turn on linsey s ipod and lay out all her clothes neatly folded because in the beginning of the book teeny would help linsey pick out her clothes every single day for freshmen year. linsey was a freshmen in january when she died .then linsey said to her boyfriends mom and sister she was ready . to accept she was dead and go with them then it said THE END .i was so sad i was crying and i deleted the book from my kindle i was thinking how could someone think that way to write a book .you might think differently but for myself i wish i never read that book .
on June 27, 2013
When I downloaded this book to my Kindle I did not read the description nor did I read reviews which is unlike me. Once I was into the book I was locked. I was reading everywhere in bed, in the bath, everywhere!! Going through the book I could relate as i am in high school. I must say it is a little extreme for Freshmen. I never got to see Marco but I fell in love with his character. He loves Lindsey so much I wanted him for well ..... Myself. The end of the book leaves you thinking. I loved the book don't get me wrong but I have a lot of mixed emotions. I would love to see a series come of this but who knows if that will happen.
on February 19, 2014
This book was so good! I just turned 14 a couple months ago and it really made me think,ya know? And then the twist ending! I loved it. The laughter the tears, all of it. I'm still sobbing as I write this review. I think I'll read it again... right now
on August 2, 2013
I loved this book I am still crying its so sad I know how it feels to be bullied I think Avery is mean self esteem girl like many bullys today they have nothing better to do and they been bulled so I guess what I'm trying to say is don't be that person that takes another person life even if you didn't killed them your self don't judge people it's wrong this book taught me so much I hope people will read the review and just think about it think about all the people that would be safe if bullying didn't happen I think everyone deserves to live a long happy life I being a 14 old bullying is most common in high school why can't people just let other people enjoy there life thank you I know this is out of order so I apologize
on September 16, 2013
Hanrahan has written a great novel about teens for teens, it is true to life and devastatingly relatable.
I love the stereo-typical groups and how she shows bullying, this in itself is relatable and evokes feeling for the characters.
The plot twist at the end seemed thrown together and a little like an after thought making the ending completely unsatisfying. It threw off the dynamic of the characters, almost changing them completely from their identity, even though that would normally happen in that circumstance, it made them back-track as characters.
This aside, a heart warming and honest novel, whitty and fun.
on October 28, 2014
Good book about bullying & the power of friendships. I think teens & adults alike would enjoy this book. Parents of teens should also read this book. I sure didn't see the ending coming but it goes to show what can happen at a moments notice, either in life as it is or when people are bullied. It also brilliantly how everyone comes from a different household and you should take into account what each person is dealing with even though they don't show it.
on August 28, 2013
I'll start by saying that I'm upset by the ending in this story, u kept reading in the hope of changing in the last page but it didn't. This is the story of Lindsey n her best friend teeny. How they have been bully since junior high, how it continue the first year of high school. Lindsey falls in love, finally does something to stop the bullying, n dies defending her friend. I dint like the ending, that's why I gave it 3 stars, I've been crying for 30 min n can't stop. It's too heart broken n wish it wouldn't ended like that.
on April 11, 2014
I won't give the ending away but I liked the story and became attached to the characters. I was going to let my 12 year old daughter read it, but the ending was so abrupt, unsatisfying, and unnecessarily sad that I wouldn't recommend it for her. A happy ending would have been more fulfilling. Maybe an older teen would enjoy it and not be upset at the ending.