Rexing V1P 2.4" LCD FHD 1080p 170 Degree Wide Angle Dual Channel Wi-Fi Dashboard Camera Recorder Car Dash Cam with Rear Camera, Supercapacitor, G-Sensor, WDR, Loop Recording, Mobile App
|Are Batteries Included||Yes|
|Display Size||2.4 Inches|
|Item Dimensions LxWxH||7.1 x 3.3 x 5.2 inches|
|Video Capture Resolution||1080p|
About this item
- DUAL CHANNEL RECORDING & DISCREET DESIGN DASH CAM: Signature low-profile design allows the V1P to be a well-hidden witness to the road ahead. Record from two separate perspectives by connecting the included REAR CAMERA to the front camera. With the Sony Starvis image sensor, the FRONT CAMERA captures beautiful Full-HD 1080p video @ 30fps.
- 170 DEGREE ULTRA WIDE ANGLE LENS & WIDE DYNAMIC RANGE: The 7 layer glass lens opens up to capture a sweeping view of your surroundings. The superior WDR technology allows the camera to perform optimally in any lighting situation by adjusting the exposure to create balanced images and footage.
- SUPERCAPACITOR & PARKING MONITOR: The dash cam uses a supercapacitor which can withstand extreme temperatures from -20 to 176°F, that prevents the risk of overheating, extends the life span and reliability of the camera. With the PARKING MONITOR feature, the dash camera will automatically turn on and record when the car camera detects vibration OR the dash cam will capture frames for a time lapse video for 24/7. Please connect the smart hardwire kit to activate the parking mode.
- WIFI CONNECT: View, save, and share dash cam recordings wirelessly on your mobile device with the use of an app interface.
- LOOP RECORDING AND G-SENSOR: Video can be recorded in 1, 2, or 3 minute intervals. When the storage limit is reached on the memory card, new recordings will automatically overwrite the oldest recordings. Supports high-endurance micro SD memory cards up to 256GB in memory size. When the built-in gravity sensor detects a collision, the current video is locked, ensuring important footage is kept protected. Locked videos will be kept safe from being overwritten.
There is a newer model of this item:
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
Rexing is an American startup from Connecticut with Headquarters in New York. We design, test and manufacture our devices to guaranty reliability and longevity of all products.
Absolutely Trustworthy: Certified by FCC, CE, RoHS
Dual-Channel Recording w/ Sony Starvis sensor
The V1P supports dual-channel recording, allowing the dash cam to capture footage simultaneously from the front camera and rear camera. Built-in Sony starvis sensor creates a beautiful, vivid picture of the road ahead by honing in on the details.
Built-in Wi-Fi and Mobile App
Transfer your dash cam recordings to your smartphone or tablet over Wi-Fi using an app interface. This makes it easier than ever to share footage from your trips.
Supercapacitor and High Temperature Resistance
The use of a supercapacitor to deliver power provides a significant advantage to long-term reliability over battery-operated dash cams. Built to withstand extreme climates, the camera can operate smoothly in temperatures as high as 176°F and as low as -20°F.
Loop Recording and Gravity Sensor
With Loop Recording, new recordings will automatically overwrite oldest recordings when the memory card is full. When the G-sensor detects a collision, the current video will be locked.
170° Wide Angle & WDR
With its 170° ultra wide angle lens and Wide Dynamic Range, you can mount the camera nearly anywhere and still capture the entirety of the road. The camera automatically adapts by fine-tuning the exposure of the camera to create balanced images and footage
Play back your video using the comprehensive GPS Logger software interface to see real time information about your speed, location, and more. Location is displayed within the application using Google Maps. (Need purchase separately. ASIN:B01AKH377A)
24-Hour Parking Monitor
Auto switch the dash camera to Parking Surveillance Mode, when it detects vibration the camera will start recording instantly. Smart Hardwire Kit needed (Sold separately ASIN: B07RN24B7V) .
Class 10 / UHS-I or higher MicroSD/SDHC/SDXC memory card up to 256GB (not included).
NOTE: Please don't use SanDisk Ultra cards with our cameras.
|V1||V1P||V1P Pro||V1P Max||V5||S1|
|Max Video Resolution||2160p||1080p+ VGA||2160p [Single] 1080p [Dual]||2160p+1080p [Dual]||2160p [Single] 2160p+1080p [Dual]||1080p+720p+720p|
|Camera Type||Front||Front + Rear||Front + Rear||Front + Rear||Front||Front + Cabin + Rear|
|Rear Camera Support||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|GPS Logger Support||Optional||Optional||Built-in||Built-in||Built-in|
|Battery Type||Super Capacitor||Super Capacitor||Super Capacitor||Super Capacitor||Super Capacitor||Super Capacitor|
|Image Sensor||OV4689/ NOVATEK 96663||SONY Starvis/ NOVATEK 96658||OV4689/ NOVATEK 96663||OS08A10/HI35598||SONY Starvis/ NOVATEK 96670||GC2053/MSC8339|
|Storage||Up to 256GB MicroSD Card||Up to 256GB MicroSD Card||Up to 256GB MicroSD Card||Up to 256GB MicroSD Card||Up to 256GB MicroSD Card||Up to 256GB MicroSD Card|
|Lens||170°||170° + 170°||170° + 170°||170° + 170°||170°||170° + 170° + 170°|
Compare with similar items
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Things I like:
1) 1080p forward facing camera. This really looks good when reviewing the video on a computer monitor. It's easy to see detail.
2) Rear camera which mounts in the back window. This does take some additional installation but it's worth it. I haven't really liked any dual camera that I've seen where both cameras are incorporated into the housing that mounts on the front windscreen because in the rear camera you get a view out the rear glass as well as part of the passenger compartment. THIS Dashcam solves this by having a remote camera that affixed directly to the rear glass.
3) It is able to use a 128 GB micro SD card fully if you allow the camera to format the card.
Things I don't like:
1) (Note: This problem was fixed in firmware update they released right after the original post date. If you are still experiencing this problem, update your firmware and test it again. 25 Dec. 2017)
About 25% of the time, at the start of each video file, the video is choppy. It seems to be mixing the previous and present frames. (See first attached photo). The yellow lines on the left of the photo show what I'm talking about. See how the stop sign post is split? This was a screen capture from the video (I added the yellow line for clarity to distinguish between what should be two, separate frames in the video file). In the far parking lot you can see part of the building is imaged twice along with the car parked facing that building. You also see in the center-left of the pic below the stop sign, the left most portion of the bumper on the car in front of me. The effect can last up to a minute into the video but usually is gone within 20 seconds. It's only noticeable when the images, frame to frame are changing quickly. I've tried three different micro SD cards, two recently purchased and class 10. This effect occurs whether I view from the card directly or copy the video file to the hard drive on a PC, then view from there.
2) In the image referenced above, the stamp where it should say "REXING DASH CAM and optionally a license plate number is partially blanked out. It may have something to do with the effect seen in dislike comment 1.
3) The date stamp in the video is occasionally incorrect. See second image. This snapshot from the video was taken 7/26/2016 at 20:07:20. In the yellow box, the time is correct and, as evidenced by the map to the right, the GPS was tracking my location so it had a position/time signal, but it displayed the day as 27th rather than the 26th. In this image I intentionally blanked out the license plate number and road names on the GPS map. This misdating has occurred several times now.
I am happy with this product overall and, would recommend it but it's always good to have feedback from people who have used it. I would like to find a resolution to these problems but it wouldn't prevent me from purchasing this again had I the need. I hope someone finds this useful. (2 Aug 2016 - I edited some of this content and realized that photos I referred to didn't attach. They've been attached as of this date)
Update: No issues with the new camera, works great!
Update #1 I opened the unit and found the problem, the battery failed in a spectacular way. Couldn't tell until I opened the unit though and the outside looks just like it did when I open the box.
Update #2 10/6/2017 After posting my 1 star review I was contacted by Rexing support. They sent me a replacement unit with a return box and shipping label for the broken unit. The second unit is preforming perfectly as expected. I will leave my original review in place. I just hope the replacement unit I was sent lasts longer.
The camera works fine, except for one software problem and one important design flaw and the fact that the rear camera is of useless quality.
Every so often you will need to format your SD card because a some point for some reason the camera will randomly stop recording. You may try to restart the recording but it will stop a few minutes later. That means this camera is not reliable. Imagine that your seat belts behaved like that...
Now, the hardware flaw. This camera comes with a lithium ion battery. The same type of battery powering your laptop or cellphone. The small problem is that these batteries are not supposed to be exposed to heat... you know, the type of heat you will find in any car that’s parked outdoors. My battery lasted less than a year before it became so degraded that the camera would keep restarting because it had no energy reserves in the battery, the battery would get discharged by the time the camera started up. It will refuse to work with a discharged battery.
I also tries replacing the battery with a 2.55F super capacitor. Didn’t work, the super cap discharges too quickly and the camera restarts.
Finally, the rear camera is quite useless. Even really cheap $20 or $30 cameras on Amazon will do a better job than the rear camera.
Some months after I posted the review, the seller/manufacturer noticed and offered me to send a replacement unit. Since I had not bough another dashcam, I accepted. What I received was the generation 2 of the V1P. This second generation is now being sold right on this product page. There are several reasons why the camera went from 2 stars to 4 stars for my review. They nearly fixed ALL complaints in my and other's reviews.
* The rear camera was changed. The current model has improved the image quality by quite a lot. It also has a tilting base. The LEDs on the side are supposed to be infrared LEDs but those don't illuminate anything at all. It still works much better than the original camera.
* The camera is now rated to operate from 5 degrees C to 70 degrees C. If this rating holds true, you should be able to keep the camera inside the car at all times except when freezing (and I guess the camera can recover from low temps. The issue with high temps is the potential fire hazard). It is still a lithium battery inside, though. If it fails again, or shows signs of stress, I will report back. I hope/expect they switched to a model of battery that withstands the heat better, hence the rating.
* The recording no longer randomly stops. I am not sure if this is to do with the new generation camera or with the microSD card. If I find the old card I will test and I will report back.
But wait, there's even more:
* The camera interface (menus, buttons, etc.) feels faster.
* The LCD viewing angles were slightly improved
* Voltage regulation of the camrera was vastly improved. I know because my car has a weak electrical system, and a lot of things flicker, including the LEDs gen. 1 camera. Gen 2 is rock solid. Good voltage regulation may help the endurance of the battery and the general stability of the camera (as in it is less likely to shut off or overcharge the battery).
* The illumination of the buttons is much improved. On this camera, buttons shine in different colors to tell you different things. For example, the Rec button blinks when the camera is recording. The whole button cluster shines blue when the camera is charging. On gen.1 the light from one button would leak into the others, making everything very blurry and confusing. That's not good when you want to glance over the camera to know what it's doing. On gen. 2 this was fixed. The light stays withing the button it is supposed to illuminate. now the status of the camera is much much clearer.
* The SD card is now much easier to insert and remove. On gen. 1 it was too far inside the camera and you needed to use your nails and a lot of care. On gen 2 the SD is flush with the case.
All in all, I am pleased by the improvements that generation 2 brought to this camera and I am happy with Rexing, as they are proactive and shower care with their customers.
Top reviews from other countries
I am really happy with the product and will ultimately order another one for my wife’s vehicle - safety is our priority and Rexing made it easy to know if something happens - there is footage to prove your road actions
out a plate so far from a moving vehicle.. Sent video to police for an
incident and lucky we wrote the plate number down. Night time , rain etc all make
for poor quality image. The light above the plates appears to make it overexpose tor this camera
just a white spot compared to everything else. This is a 1080 P camera. Looked at 1440 P ones recently the video
posted for 1440 P would not make me run out and buy one for $300.00