Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MozartintheJungle MozartintheJungle MozartintheJungle  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis Tailgating PSFF17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 319 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 336 reviews
on February 16, 2013
If you want to record for YouTube or just need to handle multiple channels with your friends, this is perfect. All you need in a program called "Virtual Audio Cable" and done!

For Win7: Install the software, and plug card in. Use "Audio Repeater (MME)" and select your internal sound device. For me this is the stereo mix from Realtek. Then for wave out, select the card "Speakers (C-Media Headphones)" and click start. This will allow you to hear games (whatever you are playing) through the speakers and headphones. Meanwhile, you have Skype/Vent going straight to the sound card by selecting it in setup/preferences.

Please note, applications that have the volume set high (iTunes does this) will sound very low quality. Just lower the volume on the application (for iTunes, just lower the bar top left) and the quality will restore.
on July 27, 2017
I installed Virtual DJ on my MacBook Pro and enjoy messing around feeling like somewhat of a DJ (which I'm totally not). I purchased this USB sound card because I wanted the ability to play music through my speakers but use this sound card with a headset to I could mix the beats of two songs separately before sending it to the external speakers. I was amazed at how perfect this tiny little sound card works for this purpose.
on March 16, 2014
It's very cheap, but it deserves 5 stars in my book. The internal sound card died in one of my HP laptops. So, I plugged it into the USB hub on my desk, and Windows 7 loaded generic PnP drivers (I only need sound occasionally to view training videos). I would not plug it directly into my laptop for fear that it may break off... the plastic housing is very thin. The buttons don't look like they would last very long either (Volume up/down, mute mic, mute speakers) but I haven't used those since I bought it... I control those things in Windows. It shipped in a China Post bubble-envelope. The shipping times were honest, so order this item with enough time in advance. I haven't tested the Mic input, but the output frequency for headphone/speaker is 48kHz or less... I don't notice any difference. Very cost-effective way to get sound out of my laptop again.
on October 14, 2014
I bought this in order to hook up my Playstation 3 with the ability to game and chat through my Turtlebeach X12 headset. It worked in that capacity quite well. I found instructions on Youtube on how to set it up.

Another surprise was that I could use this on my PC (I had a busted microphone jack and was able to use this in its place, so now I am able to use my Hauppauge to record Let's Plays again.

It has a really good sound and I didn't have any problems with quality. Standard USB hookup.
on September 24, 2013
This is the fifth usb sound card I have had to get for my laptop. Long story short I broke the original one on my laptop so I was unable to just plug it directly into the laptop to listen to music so i started getting ones like this. I tried another clear blue plastic one which I can't think of the name at the moment but every one of those I got never went more than a week without completely falling apart. They just weren't assembled right and came right apart. This thing is tough as nails. It can survive everyday life being tossed around in my bag and still works just as great as it did the day I bought it! The other ones I have tried also got strangely hot after more than a hour of usage, and I never had that problem with this one either. Thank god for this product!!!
on November 17, 2014
I bought this to output sound from my laptop as the internal audio has died (does not output sound, either through the onboard speakers or the headphone jack). This does the basic job of outputting sound, but the sound quality is horrible. Music is extremely brittle and tinny, almost painful to listen to, and turning on the bass booster or treble reducer doesn't really help much. I guess for this price, I can't really complain, but to give some context, before this I was using the headphone jack on a pair of USB speakers made in 2000 as a means of outputting audio via USB. (The speakers, or at least the power brick, unfortunately broke.) The sound through that jack was miles ahead of this. I would think that with all the technological advances over the last 14 years, even the cheapest sound card would be able to output sound of that quality. I guess I was mistaken. I might try the $8 best-selling Sabrent next I guess. I'm in the process of transitioning to a different laptop, so didn't want to pay a lot to get some basic sound.

EDIT: It appears the sound quality issue is mostly due to it having trouble driving headphones with higher impedances. The sound quality is better when I plug in my speakers, but is as described above when I plug my Audio-Technica M50s into it. That said, this is the only output device I've come across that's had that issue, and the M50s sound good even when driven through iPods, iPhones, and the like, so I'm surprised that it's having so much trouble driving the headphones. Sound quality isn't that bad when put into a pair of powered speakers though. Just be careful if you're planning on listening through a pair of decent headphones.
on December 25, 2013
I bought one of these before and actually paid a little more for it, it may have even been a diferrent brand but looks the same to me. On the first one, the volume buttons didn't work but that didn't matter cuz I didn't then and still don't need that feature. I use the computer volume control. I simply bought it because I could not get sound through the audio jack after a complete reinstall of the op. system. You know... one of those lost phantom drivers that's not even missing, something, something, whatever, I give up?
Anyway it's all good through a usb port so bought the adaptor and headache solved. Well, I've run into a similar situation by intalling a computer's hardware into a diferrent case. Audio jacks won't work being installed in the new case (Has to have something to do with the old case having front audio jacks as well). Once agian, problem solved by simply ordering this item for a measly couple a bucks this time. Oh, the volume and mute buttons work fine too but again, it still wouldn't matter because in this type of application you don't need them anyway. I wouldn't expect "ruggid" reliability for 2 bucks but if you're going to plug it in and leave it alone, then this is true value right here! I'm ordering another just for an extra.
on December 30, 2014
This item functions like it should. But I took off two stars because the sound quality is terrible. If you are planning on using this for music, then get something else. I had to make major EQ adjustments in my media player to get this to sound good. But when you bring up the bass to compensate for lack of, it will distort. I tried every scenario I could come up with. And this thing has very low headroom compared to a built in sound card. Its only good for maybe referencing the voice when doing demos or something. But even then, the quality will be missing.
on November 1, 2013
These USB sound cards work great. Compatible with Windows XP/7/8 and OSX or Linux with no driver install to mess with. Just plug it in, and it works. Great for testing audio issues, or just as a spare soundcard, or even a replacement. LEDs blink when it's playing or recording, which is a little distracting. Can just put a piece of electrical tape over them if it bugs you. Still, it's kind of nice to have a visual indicator it's working. For permanent use, I'd cover the LEDs, but as I say it's handy for testing.

Cross platform compatibility is the biggest selling point to me. Never know when a soundcard that works on just about any operating system will be useful. Certainly a welcome addition to the tool or travel bag.
on July 8, 2014
It works fine but the sound quality is not that great. It's really cheap so it's fine. I'm not an audiophile at all but I could tell a very clear difference between the audio coming out of this thing and my laptop's junky audio controller. I found something that clearly sounded much worse than my laptop. It's just really flat, trebly sound. There is no range or bass at all. It will get the job done if you need audio but I can't enjoy listening to music on it.