Syma 3 Channel S013 Mini Infrared Black Hawk RC Helicopter
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- SYMA 3 Channel S013 Mini UH-60 Black Hawk RC Helicopter
- Color Varies from Desert Tan, Camo and Dark Green. We ship the next available.
- 3D flight 3 channel 360 degree control
- Great for Indoor flight
- Awesome gfit !
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
The aircraft body is a solid plastic with flexible rotor blades with balance bar. The blades give the helicopter stable flight and lift. Flashing red and blue lights give the aircraft an in flight appearance of an emergency vehicle but do not appear to appreciably reduce the flight time.
My only critism is the landing gear which break off after a hard landing, mine have been replaced with salvaged runners off an older model.
Out of the box it is easy to fly with great control. My first flight was in a small room with low ceilings and the helicopter went straight to the ceiling while spinning rapidly. Easing off on the control it dropped down and recovered to stabalize at five feet off the floor and I was able to use the trim to bring it to a stable hoover.
From this attitude it responded well to the controls and flew as commanded. Troubles came when I allowed it to get too near the walls but I was usually able to regain control without crashing, and yes I have crashed the Black Hawk a fair number of times which I attribute to pilot error. My wife didn't appreciate the overhead flights and hoovering but she did appreciate the control that allowed me to keep it from hitting her, that would have been bad and I could have really reported on the durability of the aircraft body.
Recharging is fast and flight time is between four to six minutes. Unfortunately I have just about flown this craft to its maximum life making the pups happy. The helicopter has been flown from room to room, flown in the dark (the pups really didn't like that), and landed on a designated landing/take off site in front of my big screen television.Read more ›
Information: it is very small and light; apparently it won't tolerate a breeze outdoors. The controller takes 4 AA batteries. The controller plugs into the helicopter to charge it. You get about 5 to 10 minutes of flying time for 10 to 20 minutes of charging time.
Downsides: it takes a while to learn to control it. After ten hours I am just now able to fly with only a couple of crashes per flight.
Buyer advisory: only buy RC toys that have proportional control (small input/ small result, large input/ large result). RC toys that aren't proportional are no fun, even for kids, because you can't develop skill.
I think the thing that makes this helicopter durable is the rotors are loosely mounted, not rigid, so they simply collapse when they hit something.
This is a very fun toy and it's hard to believe the manufacturer packed an RC helicopter into a $20~ package. One of the fun things we did today was to read the user manual out loud which wasn't easy. Whoever wrote it did not have a firm grasp of the English language and it is a riot trying to even read the sentences much less interpret them. Here is a sample regarding charging the helicopter battery: "when the controller is in electrification, the controller LED turns light, when in charging, the controller is twinkling. While the indicator of the controller is sparkle, which shows the controller is lack of power. And you can change some batteries for it."
The transmitter takes 6 AA batteries. The helicopter is then charged using a short cord which is stored inside the transmitter. It takes about 20 minutes to charge the helicopter which will then fly for 8-10 minutes. The helicopter has flashing read and blue LED lights when flying which adds some fun to the experience.Read more ›
- S107 comes with USB charger in addition to the charger in the remote, S013 only has charger in remote.
- S107 has two selectable channels for control, so you can fly two at the same time. Each helicopter can be 'bound' to the remote channel when it is turned on. The S013 controller has 3 channels, but the helicopter only receives a fixed frequency. I ordered 3, and all were set to channel 'C'. I don't know if there is more variety and it is luck of the draw, or if all S013 are on channel 'C'.
- S107 is much sturdier. I haven't flown the S013 around enough to break it, but it seemed more fragile than the S107, so I've been very worried that a good crash will take it out.
- S107 has a large spare parts market. If you really want to, you could build an S107 just from the spare parts available on Amazon. The common sorts of things to break are only a couple of bucks. I recently replaced one part for $3 shipped. I have not seen as many parts for the S013 and it may not be as repairable as the S107.
- S107 control is smoother and it flies faster. Compared to the S107, the trim control on the S013 is very touchy. Typically, the trim doesn't need to be adjusted on the S107 -- once it starts spinning, it is time to recharge it. On the S013, I found myself constantly adjusting the trim. The S013 was also much slower flying forward than the S107, which made it much less fun to fly.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Received it broken. Sent it back. It is a lot smaller than the other syma helis.Published 6 months ago by George E. Nicholas
Did not fly!!! Continued to spin no matter where the trim was!!Published 6 months ago by Callie Diffie
Very fun and durable little helicopter. Fun to play with. As expected for the price. Directions were laughable...company good use a better translator.Published 6 months ago by Jonathan Guinn
This helicopter kind of sucks. It basically just goes up and down because the helicopter constantly spins. Read morePublished 6 months ago by Heidi Lee
Got this for our son for Christmas. There were no instruction so I figured out how to install the batteries and plug the charger into the helicopter. Read morePublished 7 months ago by Nicole Pilkenton
Bought this for a cousin and the rest of the men in the family was interested lol. Not bad.Published 7 months ago by Lila N.
Received the helicopter. First off don't trust the instructions. It's funny they can't even write accurate instructions on how to charge their product because it's so chinese, but... Read morePublished 7 months ago by Amazon Customer
This helicopter does not work at all. I had the Syma 109G a year ago and it was awesome, and it was the same price as this one is now. Read morePublished 7 months ago by Amazon Customer