Chant Mass for Christmas Day Import
See all formats and editions Hide other formats and editions
This shopping feature will continue to load items. In order to navigate out of this carousel please use your heading shortcut key to navigate to the next or previous heading.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Page 1 of 1 Start overPage 1 of 1
During the 17th and 18th centuries, the heyday of the Baroque, the church of France attempted to revive the Galician chant style, which had been absorbed into the traditional Gregorian repertoire. This revival was short-lived, but did provide inspiration to many French composers of the time. Marcel Peres and Ensemble Organum, joined here by Les Pages de la Chapelle, present a performance of the Mass for Christmas Day as it would have been heard in the period. Highly ornamented organ interludes intersperse the glorious singing of the finest and most talented exponents of this fascinating repertoire.
1. Parvulus natus est nobis, introit
2. Kyrie eleïson
3. Gloria in excelsis Deo
4. Recordatus est Domine, graduel
5. Verbum caro factus est, alleluia
6. Votis Pater annuit, prose
7. Hostias et oblationes, offertoire
10. Motet au Saint-Sacrement: O salutaris Hostia
11. Agnus Dei
12. In hoc apparuit caritas Dei, communion
13. Ite missa est, for chorus, organ & ensemble
14. Deo gratias, for chorus, organ & ensemble
There are no customer reviews yet.
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
Amazon Giveaway allows you to run promotional giveaways in order to create buzz, reward your audience, and attract new followers and customers. Learn more about Amazon Giveaway
This item: Chant Mass for Christmas Day