Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Little FIres Everywhere Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Spider-Man: Homecoming available to buy Spider-Man: Homecoming available to buy Spider-Man: Homecoming available to buy  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping. Shop Now ToyHW17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 15 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 18 reviews
on December 2, 2013
I purchased this gem of a book to explain Chanukah to kindergarten children. Colorful illustrations and a sweet story line keeps children entertained as well as teaches about Chanukah. I am very pleased with the book and look forward to exploring more titles from this author.
on December 23, 2015
Excellent Chanukah story because it is not about presents, it is about celebrating the miracle of Chanukah with family and friends.
on December 10, 2012
This is a nice, simple story about Chanukah. It doesn't provide detail about the history of the holiday. It's more about the common traditions of the holiday. I also like how it mentions Chanukah and being Jewish in the context of a world of other religious beliefs. I highly recommend it for kids of all ages.
on December 26, 2012
My son (2.5 yrs) and I enjoyed reading this book many nights up until Channukah and all throughout! It's really well-written and it's a beautiful story with cute illustrations. I definitely recommend this book for the holiday and all year-round!
on September 21, 2013
We are working on teaching my granddaughter about different cultures and traditions. This book was on target, on time, and in super condition.
on January 7, 2013
This book was recommended to me by a preschool director who wanted to talk about being Jewish and celebrating Channukah in a world filled with different religions and customs. My son goes to a preschool with children from many backgrounds and when he began talking about wanting a Christmas tree and having Santa visit, I decided I wanted him to understand that you can both feel special about celebrating your own holiday but also respect and appreciate other children's holidays- that it doesn't have to be one or the other. I think this is a great book for children who are trying to decide what or how they should feel about being different than their friends this time of year. The book talks about the beauty of light during the winter holidays and how the lights of Channukah are just one kind of special light during this time. Overall, really age appropriate book for 4, 5, and 6 year olds.
on January 12, 2015
Great Chanukah story.
on December 8, 2013
I love this book! It's a great quick read that teaches the main points of the traditions of Chanukah. My students always love listening to this book.
on January 17, 2015
This really added to the joy of our holiday celebration. Especially for the children.
on December 1, 2016
Great book for young readers. Lovely illustrations.