Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Wonder Woman now available on Blu-ray, 3D, and 4K Shop Now PSFF17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 326 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 460 reviews
on April 18, 2017
A glorious film about a glorious career. A flawed man lived a life all of us yearn for: one that made a difference in people's lives. Brilliantly directed by Richard Attenborough, Chaplin is brought to life through a stunning performance by Robert Downey Jr. I love the fact Chaplin found his soulmate late in life, something he called "the happiest event of his life" - true love transcends time.

How it is this movie is not more well known is a mystery to me. Do yourself a favor and immerse yourself in "Chaplin".
on February 15, 2014
Richard Attenborough, the director of CHAPLIN wishes that he could have another go at telling Charlie's story as he was forced to keep this film down to a certain length and include a few things that he would have preferred to do differently. However he was delighted with Robert Downey, Jr.s inspired performance in the title roll. All in all I think this is an exceptional well made film about one of the screen's greatest artist. The film does a good job of capture the life and times of Chaplin. The large list of actors do a good job and the film is beautifully photographed and wonderfully scored. If you have any interest in learning about Chaplin then this is well worth watching.
on May 2, 2015
I have looked for this movie for several years, I liked it when it first came out and turned me into a Robert Downey Jr. fan. I remember Charlie Chaplin and was amazed at how well Robert Downey Jr prepared himself. Well worth watching.
on January 3, 2015
My Dad introduced me to Chaplin as a little kid - seen I guess most of his movies if not all. Dad got his prize autograph from Sir Chaplin a year before he passed away. They could not of gotten anyone better than Robert for this role - this is a 6 star movie.
on September 16, 2015
An absolute favorite! RDJ did a fantastic job and was incredibly convincing as Chaplin. Though I enjoy him in Iron Man, for a fun flick, THIS is a much better depiction of his acting skills and true talent.
on May 19, 2014
This movie was good on several points. The subject was about an interesting person first of all. Chaplain, a complex and accomplished man. Second, Robert Downey acted his behind off. He did an excellent job portraying Chaplain in all his ages and phases. Third the writing was well done as it spans a large portion of time and had a lot of highlighted issues to deal with and did it well. It was a well written, well acted, and lovely produced piece of cinema.
on November 6, 2016
Great acting, wonderful costumes, and Geraldine Chaplin playing her own slightly crazy grandmother with such skill! Not only a biopic but also an Interesting view of both when movies were in their infancy as well as th McCarthy Era in Hollywood.
on April 20, 2017
Excellent movie! So glad I watched it, would watch it again.
on April 24, 2017
One of those films I wanted to see, but kept putting it off. Great film and easy to see RDJ's brilliance as an actor.
on November 7, 2014
I avoided this one when it first came out, because I was turned off by Robert Downey Jr. back then. But, with time (and his maturity) have come to appreciate what a fine actor he is and has been. No less is he with "Chaplin.". From Downey's part, I saw the lead as I had not previously expected: a very complex man with a complex and not so uplifting early life. I found myself being drawn to Charles Chaplin beyond the iconic clown and his all too familiar props. For that, all credit must be given to the actor who played Chaplin. In fact, Robert Downey is the movie, as the movie does not play its role so well as the actor. It seemed to wander and for that reason sent my wife to bed. But, all in all, it was worth it and I thank Mr Downey for that.