Beauty Summer Reading STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Water Sports toystl17_gno

Format: Audio CD|Change

Showing 1-10 of 27 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 199 reviews
on September 3, 2014
To be honest, I got acquainted with Staind when a friend of mine lent me VVired Up-2 compilation tape back in secondary school. The song was 'It's Been Awhile' and it swiftly got me hooked in the flesh thereafter. From that point onwards, I began digging the band's discography (back then I knew neither Amazon nor eBay), downloading their mp3s (yeah, I know.. because where I live, we don't have rock / metal cds in the music store because its against religion!!).. anyway, this is not a bad album after all although long time fans who knew Staind since Tormented might say they sold out but the music is still awesome, particularly 'Schizophrenic Conversation', 'Cross to Bear', 'Devil', 'Please' and the hit single 'Right Here'. The packaging (mine is the Limited Edition) is super cool too! It's a digibook that pretty much briefs you on the band's history and a bonus DVD is a plus as well. Get the Limited Edition, you won't regret it.
on October 16, 2011
It's been said already by me. Staind is one of the most impressive bands ever. So, it's no surprise that Chapter V, their fourth major-label effort and fifth overall, is excellent on every level. The other three albums that surpassed it were good, let me recap. Dysfunction seemed energetic, but not too many of the songs were "masterpiece" level. Break the Cycle is my favorite record from Staind, offering every musical talent possible. 14 Shades of Grey was less of what Break the Cycle was, but it was still listenable, and in the end offered some positive messages.

Chapter V easily fixes all of the problems that the previous records had, and I would rank it second, only behind Break the Cycle. While there are songs that borrow from their harder elements (Run Away, King of All Excuses, Falling, and Cross to Bear come to mind), others show that Staind can do "slow" music, such as Devil and Take This (Trippy).

There are only two tracks with profanity: Schizophrenic Conversations and Please. Unlike Break the Cycle and 14 Shades of Grey, which each had over 4 songs with the F word, Chapter V fixes that problem, but it still got slapped with a PA sticker. I shouldn't even care about this, but somehow I do.

Chapter V is the second best Staind record. It has everything that Break the Cycle has in it, and also has some elements from the other records as well. Pick up this album, whether you're a fan or not a fan of Staind.

Rating: 4.5 stars/5 stars
on November 16, 2012
OMG!!! I purchased in total 7 CD's and I had this particular CD a few years back, but was ruined. It was the first I have played from the overall delivery. I had completely forgotten how AWESOME this CD is. 99.9% of the time there is at least a song or two you'll skip because it is not to your liking. Every SINGLE song just kills!!! In fact, my little elementary one "hates" my music so I never play it in the car. As he was taking a nap in the backseat on our way home yesterday he wakes up and ask's "Who is that?" I tell him who it is and ask if he liked it? He say's "It sounds pretty cool. I want to make a video with that song on ROBLOX!" Lolol STAIND you won my child over which I thought could NEVER happen!!! Still have to open the other CD's but stuck on this at the moment.
on December 27, 2012
Chapter V is much different then that of 14 Shades of Grey and Break the Cycle. 14 Shaees of Grey was upbeat and much of the depression and anger from Break the Cycle and Dysfuction was gone. Chapter V is a mix of Break the Cycle and 14 Shades of Grey with a decent mix of soft and harder songs with different messages. I fairly enjoyed every track on the album except for Paper Jesus and Cross to Bear. These songs are different, to me anyways, than what I find typical of Staind. I consider the album a step back from 14 Shades of Grey and for sure, Break the Cycle. Its still a great CD and any and every Staind fan should have it and will enjoy it but it isnt their best. Still worth the purchase!
on June 23, 2016
My son is really enjoying his CD
on December 16, 2008
"The strength of a tree begins in its roots." This lyric sums up the basis of this album. As usual, Aaron Lewis is able to blow us away with his lyrical abilites with indepth views of his own self-conflicting battles. He shares with us more of his inner torment through great, flowing lines, accompanied by the bands perfect synchronization. Staind continues to impress with smash hits without losing touch with some of their previous heaviness. Whether enjoying brilliant lyrics, harmonious melody, or an occasional thrash sound, this ablum is an excellent additon to any rock collection.
on April 6, 2009
This is the second album of Staind I liked almost completely (together with 14 Shades of Grey). Very good bunch of songs, very simple but tender ballads.
This edition comes in amazing DVD-size digi-book, with a thick booklet, which, contains lyrics for all staind albums till the chapter V (?!), a couple of comments by the band and stylish illustrations.
The CD contains several bonus-tracks, from which Let it out and alternate Reply are really worth listening.
Recommended for all collectors.
on January 19, 2010

9.Everything Changes:5/5

10.Take This:5/5

11.King of All Excuses:5\5

12.Reply:3\5

Best Songs are Right Here,Everything Changes,Devil,Take This,Please,Paper Jesus,and Fallinng.
on April 18, 2016