Amazon Business Books with Buzz STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Luxury Beauty March Birthstone Shop Popular Services GimmeDanger GimmeDanger GimmeDanger  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis Elton John Tackle Any Terrain with Cycling on Amazon STEM

Showing 1-10 of 46 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 51 reviews
on August 18, 2015
The device seems to work. Having said that, I know from other areas of life (electrical household wiring) that "just because it works does not mean it's right."

The burner seems to be well-made.

You can set up the burner in one of six configurations. Three configurations for the length of the burner and two configurations for pin at the end of the burner that goes into grill.

I have two big complaints about the instructions. First, why is there no video example? Second, why is there no reference in the documentation or online for which of the six configurations goes with each model number for each Char-Broil grill? How long would it have taken to put such a list together and saved their customers a lot of worry about "Did I do this thing that handles gas correctly?"

In their instructions, part #4 is the silvery "gas tube". It slides in and out of the dark gray burner.I could only guess at the right length to adjust the length to by comparing with the defective assembly. Again, it would have been nice if the documentation gave the length for each model gas grill.

If you can live with the uncertainty, this product seems to be well made and the price is the best I could fid for a replacement burner.
on September 15, 2013
I originally bought a set of 3 from Homedepot that were universal-fit. Immediately noticed the universal-fit was not really universal. I then decided to buy these as they were direct replacements. I Like these a lot better but one of the three seems to leak seam (sometimes). Not a big leak but it does effect the heat allocation on that particular burner side of the grill. so basically, there are probably the best your going to find. I probably should have asked to replace the one slightly flawed one. All in all, I was able to renew the life of my 10 year old stainless steel Grill probably another 10 years. Cant beat that.
on September 7, 2012
but still around $17 on Amazon. These aren't very hard to assemble (if that is necessary for your particular BBQ). They don't have an air shutter so I duct tape the air opening in half on the venturi to limit blowing. These work like original and by purchasing a new set every other year, I keep my old but excellent commercial Char Broil going.
on April 10, 2016
This is my second time to order these burner replacements. I do a lot of grilling. These cast iron burners do not last very long. Seems like I just replaced them not long ago. I wish they lasted longer, but seem to break down quickly.
on July 28, 2012
I bought three of these (item# 4988001) burners to replace the cast Iron burners on my Commercial series Char Broil grill Model# 463240804.

They fit this grill by first installing an extension piece that is included in the package. The extension piece is an additional 2" piece. It installs onto the burner with a long bolt and a metal cap-plate. The cap-plate has a hole in the center and it is used like a washer for the long bolt. This washer also caps off the end of the extension piece so propane doesn't leak back toward you. If the extension piece isn't installed properly, the flame will flair-up right at the entry point where the gas comes into the burner.

Two of the three burners that I bought bolted together without effort. I had to re-drill a slightly bigger hole in the cap-plate on the third one before it would fit properly. I could have used a grinder to reshape the cap-plate so the hole would line up, but It was less effort to simply get a larger drill bit and re-size the existing hole.

After I took the old rusty Burners out of the grill, I cleaned the inside of the grill by using a can of oven cleaner (cold oven type) and a garden hose. I followed the directions on the can of oven leaner; then, I hosed it out with the garden hose. I did this in the driveway with an old plastic shower curtain liner underneath the grill to catch any debris that loosened. Also the oven cleaner will kill the grass if you do this in the yard. I recommend cleaning the grill before installing these burners. The stainless steal parts became shiny again using the oven cleaner.

The new burners installed with little effort. I have blue flame (that is what you want to see) The grill cooks evenly again; like it did when it was new. Overall I am pretty pleased with this product. The defective cap-plate was a bit frustrating; and, that's why I rated it 3 stars instead of 4. 5 stars would be if I could have pulled them right from the box and installed them without assembling anything. 4 stars would be if they were a perfect fit to my grill which they are.

I would recommend these in spite of the defective cap-plate (washer). It was a very easy fix for the flawed part.
on July 29, 2014
My gas grill wasn't working particularly well. After reading up on it, the first suggestion is to replace the burners, so I gave it a shot. They list for $30 each on Charbroil's website, but they're ~$18 here, so here I went.

There are a few different configurations to the parts, but that's to be expected. This would have 5 stars, but the screws are soft and got stripped very quickly (much to my frustration). be exceedingly gentle with them. Other than that, they work well, are easy to set up, and easy to install. I'm not sure how long it will take for them to rust out, though (this was the problem with the originals). We'll see.
on September 8, 2015
The burners don't always seem to have a completely even flame level from tip to end which is why I gave it 4/5. Otherwise these were a good value and helped save tons of $$$$ rather than going through CharBroil.
on May 17, 2011
I bought these for a Thermos grill (made by Charbroil). They work, but the extension piece doesn't fit very tightly. I had one of three where the tube had to be slid in before it was screwed together because they lined up so poorly. And with the end caps, you get a little bit of flame coming out by the screw, where the two pieces meet, and around the end cap. It's not a big deal, but enough that I re-tightened it. It's not enough to freak out about, but is odd to look at.
on May 23, 2013
After trying another set of burners that did not fit, Amazon quickly took them back and even paid the return shipping. Now that's fantastic service. I ordered this universal set, which was delivered in two days, and it fit my grill perfectly. As a result, I have what is essentially a new grill. Tried it out tonight and it worked just like a new grill. Great product from my favorite merchant. Thanks again, Amazon!
on June 2, 2013
My grill is only about 7 years old but the burners and flame spreaders were rusted through. This was the first project to bring it back to life and I am very pleased. Easy to install with great instruction sheet. And the price was much less than buying from the manufacturer's site or a big box store.