Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Wonder Woman now available on Blu-ray, 3D, and 4K Shop Now ToyHW17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 1,612 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,675 reviews
on December 14, 2014
I read the reviews, thought it couldn't be "that" bad. It was. I'm very surprised Char-Broil would put it's name on this poor of quality item. First cold snap with wind literally shredded the front of this cover.
review image
on November 16, 2014
Hello,

I purchased this cover around Fathers Day 6-12-14 for my grill. I also should say that I live AZ and the sun is very harsh. Well after 4 months, the Grill Cover has FADED to GRAY (see pic). I called Amazon and Char-broil customer service and was told the warranty on the Grill cover has a 30 day warranty. I will not purchase this item again, hope this helps future buyers.
review image
33 comments| 63 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 1, 2014
Update DEC 10th, 2014:

Contacted char broil and explained that my cover had faded to a light gray and had torn in 2 places since it had been purchased through moderate use. They attempted to sell me on the new rip stop version that is 50 bucks. No Way!
The cover is called "Heavy Duty" but is in fact a cheap piece of garbage. Why else would there only be a 30 day warranty from the manufacturer? Don't be fooled by its cheap price. It is not worth it. Buyer beware!!

When i purchased this product i was pleased with it, but in just 1 year of service, it has become extremely faded and weakened from the exposure to the elements. Just the other day i got a tear in it on a smoothed edged corner on my BBQ. I feel that it a cover should be tough enough to survive over a years worth of exposure and abuse. This one just can't manage to do that,
All it needed to do was protect my cheap Char-Broil BBQ, and yet it failed me.
Trying to find out if there's a manufacturing warranty i can use to return, unfortunately Amazon won't take it back after 30 days.
on September 27, 2015
We bought a 72" Char-Broil grill at the end of last fall. Since grilling season was pretty much over in the north-east, we stored the grill in our garage through the winter. As spring was approaching, I started shopping for a good cover, anticipating that we would soon be putting our brand new grill outdoors so we could start to use it. This cover was the perfect choice! It fits the grill like a glove. The fabric is very heavy and durable, and does a great job of protecting the grill. There are velcro straps at each end, so you can secure the cover around the bottom for a more stream-lined fit. Over this past summer, we had 2 or 3 very major storms in our area, with a lot of rain and very high winds. Throughout all the crazy weather, our grill remained protected by this cover. After a very busy summer of use, our grill still looks brand new, thanks to the protection of the cover. A great, quality product.
on June 17, 2016
I use my grill a lot so the cover gets a lot of wear and tear. This cover doesn't seem to be holding up that great as I am already seeing tears in it after 6 months. It is definitely not heavy duty but it was rather inexpensive so I am not too upset.
on April 19, 2013
Protects from rain,snow and sun and is easy to put on and take off. It even is attractive when it's on. I would reccomend this for sure.
on May 7, 2013
I just received this grill cover and it's awesome. Very heavy, excellent quality and perfect fit. For the price this is a great purchase. The material is not plastic based which eventually cracks and rips. Very well made and great product. Would highly recommend it.
on July 14, 2015
Excellent product. It fully met my needs, covers my grill completely and sinches tite at the bottom to keep it from blowing off. It is of durable material that will withstand the wind and rain. I am interested in seeing how it will endure the extreme Alaskan winters, and will try to remember to update this post after the winter.

Update: Well, it has been two winters up here in Alaska and this cover did not survive even the first winter. The first winter had some damage that was caused by removing snow while it was still cold outside and ripped the cover, I was able to do some repairs to it and make it function for another year. The second winter multiple tears appeared in the cover (did not try to remove snow this time) and it could not be repaired so had to be replaced.

I would still give this an excellent rating for anyone not living in extreme weather areas.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 20, 2015
This grill cover fit my 6-burner Char-Broil grill (model 463239914). It is made of a durable canvas material that has not ripped or torn even while sliding it over the corners of the grill. It has one velcro pair on each end of the cover to pull together the 'skirt' holding it on the grill even during strong winds. Note: be sure to fasten these connectors or this cover WILL blow right up and off your grill.

My only complaint is the black color fades quickly. After only one winter, the sun-side of this cover has faded to a light mottled grey. This hasn't detracted from its protection ability, but if Char-Broil is only going to offer this cover in black (vs other covers offered in lighter colors) then they should make sure they use a more stable die on this material.

For me the protection is most important and this cover provides that. I guess the faded and dingy color of this cover offers some camouflage for the still gleaming stainless steel grill it protects.

UPDATE: Reduced to two stars. After only two years the material had faded and started to break down. Small tears started forming on the cover corners and eventually the wind got into it and tore it to shreds. If I'm going to replace the cover every two years, I'll spend half the money next time.
on May 3, 2016
So far, so good. I will update as the months progress. It just fits my 70 inch Char-Broil grill. It does have the velcro straps on each side midway down to secure the cover in place. It has already been through 3 windstorms without any rips, as well as one hailstorm without any damage to it or the grill. I chose this one over other brands that have a mesh front panel, because that area my grill is rusting lines up with theveryone mesh of other brands.
This does not have any openings. If you do not use your grill often, you will want to check after a few rain storms and to let the cover dry out if wet inside.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.