Spring Deals Automotive HPC Best Books of the Month New-season heels nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now TG18SW_gno

Char-Broil The Big Easy TRU-Infrared Smoker Roaster & Grill  + Cover
Style: Smoker Roaster & Grill + Cover|Change

Showing 1-10 of 41 reviews(1 star). See all 881 reviews
on February 25, 2018
Overall, product is good. But grease pan does not fit rails. So grease pan moves all over the place if grill is moved. Also, grill does not distribute heat well. Meats at closer to too of grill cook way faster than bottom trays. Maybe I have not used it enough, but it takes more effort to use this grill. Not sure I would recommend this grill to someone else.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on May 5, 2017
Despite seasoning the cooking chamber before use and treating it with oil after each use the inner chamber rusted after 8 months. We even bought the official cover for this grill. The ignitor rarely worked and when it did it produced a large fireball. All of the connecting screws and nuts kept coming loose despite the grill remaining stationary. Awful product, I will never buy a Char-Broil product again.
The manufacturer commented on the review below
on November 25, 2017
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
The manufacturer commented on the review below
on December 3, 2017
Worst directions you can possibly imagine for assembling this. I am sending ours back!
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on June 8, 2015
The igniter didn't work ever. Can't fit a full rack of ribs in it. So split it in two. Cooked one great but the other one was cooked very unevenly. Bought this as a birthday present for my husband. Was very disappointed.
on May 11, 2017
Absolute garbage. Save the headaches and buy the regular big easy. Grill overheats and burns meat regardless of being on the lowest setting. When I tried to fill the chips bin the entire assembly fell out and would not go back in. Even after using a little strength all it did was bend because it is cheaply made and smoke pours out the side of the product. Will never buy a Char-Broil product again.
on June 2, 2017
I bought this grill for Christmas used it once. Got it for summer and it doesn't work. I would not recommend this grill. Very disappointed.
on April 29, 2016
Complete waste of money! I could not get the wood chips to smoke on the highest heat for over an hour! There is virtually no temperature control. Even with the vent completely off and the flame turned to low my over thermometer still reads 300 degrees. You get what you pay for! Sadly i cannnot return this since it is now used :(
on February 29, 2016
I bought this as a gift for my son but the product came in broken...a wire was detached so it couldn't be used--after my boyfriend took the time to almost finish putting it together...so HE was REALLY angry!

I got on the phone immediately and we had UPS come pick it up at the house and I returned it for a refund.
on November 29, 2015
I purchased this to smoke our Thanksgiving turkey. First I will start with the quality of materials. The two knobs that adjust the temperature and igniter are made of cheap plastic, I feel that after several uses the knobs will strip out because they are not metal. The lower round meta disc bottom is very flimsy. The rest of the metal, sides and top, are acceptable.
The worst part of this smoker are the results of the final product. This has to do in part because there is no thermostat gauge mounted on the outside of the unit that shows the internal temperature of the heat box. How do you smoke or grill food if you don't know the inside temperature? It should state in the description that it does not include one. I just assumed that it did because every smoker I have had in the past had one. For this reason alone I would not have purchased this unit. I ended up having to buy a remote thermostat that I left in the smoker to determine the temperature. In addition, the instruction/recipe booklet that it came with for smoking a turkey mentions nothing about what the inside temperature or knob setting it should be in order to get the best results. After I determined what the temperature was at low medium and high I found that setting the adjuster knob at the lowest heat setting provided a temperature of 350 degrees. I knew when buying this that it was not a true smoker but I would have thought that the minimum temperature would have been less that 350. I had a 13 pound turkey to smoke. You will notice when you first put the turkey in the basket that it does not stand up straight in the middle. The problem this causes is that you end up having to lean the turkey to one side and the results of doing this is that the legs and wings will poke through the sides of the basket touching the sides of the unit and causing uneven cooking. I finally managed to balance it so at least the legs and wings weren't protruding outside of the basket. After cooking the turkey for about 1 1/2 hours the internal temperature of the turkey was 165 degrees so I took the turkey out. The top part of the turkey came out great looking, the bottom part was almost raw with no brown coloring like the rest of the turkey. When you stick the temperature probe in the turkey you don't think about sticking it to within a 1/2" of the very bottom of the turkey, rather you want to stick it down into the thigh where it is attached to the drumstick. The problem is that you don't notice that the very bottom of the turkey is under cooked until you take the whole turkey out. So what I had to do is reverse the turkey position putting the raw spot on top, this was not easy as the turkey sticks to the side of the basket and when you flip it you have the same problem as you did when you first arranged it with the legs and wings sticking through the sides. The end result is uneven temperatures of the turkey with part of the turkey being overcooked and the other being under cooked. The whole theory of this smoker is that the radiant heating effect provides meat that is evenly cooked. For two reasons this is impossible: The first is that unless the turkey fits the inside of the basket perfectly part of the turkey will be closer to the sides than the rest. The second reason is that because heat rises the temperature at the top of the smoker is much hotter than the bottom which is what caused the rawness at the bottom. It is impossible to maintain the same temperature on the sides top and bottom because of these reasons.
Now what do I do? The unit came in a huge box and the item is heavy and in order to return it you will need to dismantle it and try to put all the parts in perfectly in order for everything to fit. (this item does not come out of the box fully assembled, in fact it was rather difficult and time consuming to put together). Out of principle and what I feel is false advertising I will return it. I rarely write reviews because of my poor writing skills, but I had to do it this time because I don't want anybody else to suffer the misery I did!!