Industrial Deals Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7, starting at $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite Trade it in. Fund the next. Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 495 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 668 reviews
on August 20, 2017
The grill works. When I received the box, the corners were very damaged. I didn't mind until I started assembly..the two metal bars were completely morphed and bent. I had to use a hammer and knock them back into shape so I could put the grill together. This took around an hour or so by itself. The assembly was very difficult even without the defect. I needed to use the grill that day, so I couldn't contact support for a new grill.
on August 16, 2017
I've had this cooker for awhile and not really happy with it. The box arrived damaged and torn. One of the nuts were stuck on box.
It doesn't get hot enough to sear a steak!
on August 14, 2017
Not satisfied at all........Received damaged and missing parts
on August 12, 2017
First model I have had with chimneys. Takes more gas and time to bring up the internal heat.
on August 10, 2017
Great grill, especially if you buy the chargriller sidebox smoker with it, its a great duo.
on August 9, 2017
Great little grill. Gets very hot right away. Puts a nice sear on a steak and cooks a burger very quickly. And I always enjoy some assembly
on August 9, 2017
Good deal
on August 5, 2017
Great grill! Setup was challenging, recommend having someone who is handy do that part. I've never grilled before, and the whole experience was easy with this Char Griller, food is reliably delicious.
on August 3, 2017
Great grill! Love it!
on August 2, 2017
These are substantially built grills for the money, steel built with a look and feel somewhat like a barrel made grill.
We own three of them. The first was purchased five or more years ago when we got tired of replacing other sheet-metal type grills every couple of years. A couple years ago, I did replace the gas jets and and the metal deflectors that go over them, but that's one advantage to the Char-Griller line, replacement parts tend to be available on Amazon or from the company itself.

This older grill sits in the open on an uncovered deck, and we're bad about forgetting to put the cover back on. Considering its age and the elements, there's very little rust on it, certainly none that would present an issue or threatens to cause structural failure.

We had such good luck with this grill, we purchased two more when we bought a couple of vacation rental cabins earlier this year. We're not afraid of nicks or dings because this grill is made of thicker metal than comparably priced competitors. One thing that could be improved is access to turning the gas tank on and off. The grill's upper support bracket on the wheel side is in a place that makes it awkward to reach the tank valve to turn it on and off. It can be done but, as I said, it's awkward. Guests at our cabins have complimented the grill provided.

Char-Griller grills are made in China.

Last weekend, we found a similar sized grill by Char-Broil on seasonal close-out at a big box discounter. Seeing the Char-Grillers have crept up a bit in price this year, we opted for the Char-Broil. I say this only to do some side by side comparisons. The Char-Broil seems to be a much lighter grade of steel, it heats up slower than our Char-Grillers, and it doesn't reach as high of temperatures, and doesn't seem to retain heat as well. If you preference is to grill in lower temperature ranges, the Char-Broil may give you more control in the 250 to 400 degree range. Because of the lighter grade of steel, we were cautioned by the purchase store's department manager not to carry the Char-Broil by its side wings. The Char-Broil came with caster type wheels, those on a Char-Griller are bigger plastic wheels on one side and make it easier to move the grill across a lawn. We're not so concerned about the Char-Broil grill being exposed to the weather, unlike the Char-Grillers, it will be kept in a sheltered area.

When not in use, we do (mostly) use the custom covers to protect our Char-Grillers outdoors. The newer covers seem lighter and more like vinyl. Our original cover, at least five years old, is faded, but has more of a canvas feel, and shows no signs of rips or tears, though it has faded from black to gray.

The Char-Griller 3001 is somewhat easy to put together (it gets easier each time I assemble one), but it can seem a slow and tedious task. If I recall, I only needed a screw driver, but a socket wrench might be helpful. Working at a leisurely pace, I may have spent two to three hours putting my last one together.

Overall, we've had very pleasing experiences with Char-Grillers (all ours have been the 3001 model), and expect those we have to give us years of service. Even our older one may have several more years of life left.