Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Month Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. Electronics Gift Guide $34.99 for a limited time only Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MMM MMM MMM  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on November 19, 2017
I bought this three years ago for my wife, but she'd never used it. In fact she'd forgotten I bought it for her. Today I pulled it out of the bag with her spare battery and plugged it in for the first time. Ten seconds later there was a fizzly cracking noise and the charging light turned off. I unplugged it and it was slightly warm... and an electrical smell was accompanying it. Didn't even charge one battery before burning out.
on June 7, 2015
They've been in constant use, so to speak, from the time they arrived. They are not quick-charge units. And that's good. Nikon's batteries are long lasting, at least in my gear. ALWAYS have backup batteries. This unit, and the three more I got, are faithful tools. "Faithful tools?" Uhm, very reliable.
on April 19, 2017
Okay for the price
on January 12, 2014
This charger is not smart and will not shut off after the battery is fully charged. It works alright as a car charger if you are going to keep a close eye on it and unplug it at the right time, but I would never leave this untended. I made the mistake of leaving it overnight when first purchased and my battery was extremely hot the next day. I keep it in my bag for emergencies, but rarely use it. I don't want to damage my expensive Nikon batteries. I guess I shouldn't have expected much for the price.
on December 29, 2012
I have owned this product for almost a year and would have given it 4 stars, however the product should NOT be a replacement for the original Nikon charger. The product gradually deteriorated my Nikon battery over time to the point of nothing. My battery (not more than 2 years old) now will not hold a charge for more than 1 minute or 1 picture, whichever comes first. I believe the problem resides in the charger not stopping the battery charge when the battery is finished charging. Unless you just happen to be next to the battery when it claims it is charged, the product will continually charge the battery, resulting in the the battery's charge loss and eventual demise.

Pros:
Cheap, Works (to a degree), Great in a pinch because of the D/C charge function, Charges fast

Cons:
Will ruin your battery. Does not stop charging, Battery has loose fit in charger.

Pick your poison.....
on July 19, 2013
Item charges my battery but it does NOT make good contact with my batteries. Its tough to make it so that the battery stays stuck and charging. For the cheap price its "ok", once i get the battery stuck in the perfect place then it does what its supposed to, it charges the battery.
on August 1, 2011
This charger for my new camera is great! When I am on vacation and my battery runs down, while we are driving to the next destination, I can just plug the charger in the outlet in the car and place the battery on the charger. By the time we get to the next destination, both me and the camera are ready to have fun and take pictures showing that fun!
on May 4, 2015
Almost returned by camera because of the missing charger but decided against it! This product is great and charges the batteries SUPER fast!!! Would definitely buy from seller again, came fast and used very often!
on December 5, 2013
This charger is versatile for travel when you are away from home and charges nicely in your vehicle as well as on any available wall socket. It has got me out of a jam a few times when I was on a photo shoot where low light caused my battery to deplete faster because of heavy use of the flash.
on April 2, 2015
After one use, the item stopped working. I believe the A/C charger overheated because I smelled smoke after it's first use. Thankfully my house did not catch on fire. I will never buy one again.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.