Industrial Deals Beauty Save up to 90% on textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7, starting at $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 255 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 263 reviews
on August 28, 2012
The negatives people are giving are because this case is too big, however that is what I was looking for, a holder that I could keep everything in. This is just that: A case that will hold the unit, and charger with a little extra room too. If you are looking for something small, this is not for you.
on June 6, 2014
I was looking for a hard case specially designed to protect Garmin units since they are rather expensive. I tried a bunch of options before I found this one, including portable hard drive hard cases (didn't fit), bubble-lined mailing envelopes (would not protect the screen from pressure), etc. The shipping was somewhat long (longer than usual prime membership shipping speeds) but i purchased this from ChargerCity for a cheaper price.

Anyhow, I love how there are two flexible straps that allow you to slide the gps unit under in the bottom compartment, but still keep the GPS unit from falling straight out if you accidentally opened it from the wrong side or just forgot to zip the hard case up. I also like the divider between the bottom vs. top compartments because it ensure that the screen of the GPS (probably the most important aspect of your device) is not scratched or damaged by any forces. Although the top pocket does not allow you to fit the entire suction cup device, you can still fit everything else (the car charger, usb cable, and the back clip. This is really all you need, especially if you have an existing 17mm ball joint mount already installed in your vehicle... In fact, the stock suction cup device isn't that sticky at all and I prefer to use third-party mounts.
on January 27, 2013
I was able to "squeeze" the 5" Garmin 2555 GPS, the car charger cord, the vehicle suction cup mount, AND an adapter to plug car charger into a household electric outlet in the case and zipper it closed. Some other reviews said they weren't able to keep suction cup mount inside case, but that is where the "squeezing" came in. I wedged the big flat round end in the front edge next to zipper with the finger part laying as flat as you can on top of the middle padded divider. Just make sure you have the middle padded divider covering the GPS screen to assure the screen doesn't get scratched. When the case arrived, it did have an awful, awful, awful (yes awful!) odor. Couldn't decide if it was from the glue or a smoker. I still gave the 5 stars because the odor finally went away after squirting it a few times with Febreze and letting it air out on the exterior porch for several days.
on August 4, 2012
Although this case is far to bulky for everyday storage, it makes a great case for traveling as I can store all the cables, SD cards, etc., along with my 5" GPS in one handy hard sided case. This is exactly what I was looking for...
on August 1, 2012
Charger-City Exclusive Multi-Compartment Hard Case for 5" GPS is everything offered in the product description.
I would definitely recommend this product to anyone who has one of the Garmen models listed. Well worth the money
unless you want a scratched screen.
on April 22, 2014
This is a situation where you get what you pay for. It is a good case for the price, but not really a hard shell case. Fits my new 5" Garmin GPS nicely with all the accessories, but because it is semi hard (maybe stiff card stock under fabric, the first time I used it I put the GPS in the car and put the case in the back seat. My wife later put some lawn chairs in the back seat not seeing it and the case got a little crushed. Still works fine but it wasn't strong enough to prevent crushing a little on one side. She felt bad but when she found out what a paid for it she said to just buy another one. I didn't. It still works fine to protect the GPS. Just looks a little crushed. If you are careful you shouldn't have any problems, but know you can't put much weight on it, especially when empty.
on January 5, 2013
Got this for a Garmin Nuvi 2555LMT. The case has two compartments - one for the GPS and the other for the charging cord, which in my situation was long because it included a traffic radio antenna. The GPS fits exactly in the padded compartment, and the second compartment holds the cord in a flexible area that is like a nylon netting. The two compartments are separated by a padded divider. The exterior is slightly textured and the case material is quite strong. It was delivered promptly, and I have no complaints. It is a good product.

As of July 2013 I have used this case about seven times on various trips. Zero problems. Very sturdy and easy to pack. If I lost it, I would buy another without any reservations.
on June 22, 2013
I don't use the suction cup base that came with my Garmin nuvi 2595 LMT, so I wasn't concerned about the issue of it not fitting that came up in numerous reviews. That said, my gps unit doesn't seat well in the removable insert, so I removed it. I wrapped a microfiber cloth around the unit, and if fits fine in one half along with the owner's manual I printed out and bound. The other half (with the net) comfortably holds all cords and the snap-on mounting bracket. The case's construction is average to above average. As others have noted, it would be nice if the case had a handle or a carbiner ring. I use a Garmin friction dashboard base (the beanbag version which I absolutely love), and I keep that base and stem in my glove compartment, so this case works just fine for me.
on December 19, 2016
I'm glad I bought it. It keeps my Garmin and accessories/
on October 8, 2015
Purchased this for my Garmin 2555 and accessories. While the actual GPS fits well, the accessories do not. I have to wedge the unit's suction cup into the case and force it closed. It might not last too long. Also, if your GPS cords come in small bags, use them to store the cords in inside the case. They will be much easier to store and will not get tangled up together. Besides that, this is a great product and is exactly what I wanted for my GPS.