Truck Reviews HPC Best Books of the Month Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One Electronics Gift Guide Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon $0.99 rentals for Prime members $0.99 rentals for Prime members $0.99 rentals for Prime members  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now STL18_GNO

on August 1, 2012
I cannot tell whether my Wii remotes are charging or not. I know that supposedly the LED lights at the bottom come on when the remotes are fully charged but that has yet to happen and they have been charging for over 24 hours plugged into my Wii with the Wii powered on. Also it is very difficult to take the battery packs out of my remotes to put regular batteries back in. I am concerned this will be an issue in the future.

***UPDATE***
Just discovered there is a on/off switch on the back of the charging station. As soon as I discovered it (believe me, I already had looked for one) the LED lights came on immediately and I can see that all my Wii remotes need to be charged. It is a little picky on being "just in the right position" as some of the other reviews have stated but its not as picky as people are making it sound; they slide right into the right spot pretty naturally. Also as of now I don't think my Wii has to be powered on to charge either, they look like they are charging with my Wii just on standby. It would be helpful to have some basic instructions in with the charging station to eliminate a lot of confusion of there being no wall unit plug for charging (because you plug it right into the Wii) and the fact there is a small switch on the back to click on to see your remotes start charging.
71 people found this helpful
|22 comments|Report abuse
on June 10, 2014
This was a great price. I can deal with the remotes having to be on the dock to charge. BUT like so many other reviews it was not charging all remotes at once. It is very touchy. However I am a southerner (redneck haha) with a strip of aluminum foil behind the remotes they are all charging. Simply needs to connect better. The foil is working.
16 people found this helpful
|11 comment|Report abuse
on January 5, 2012
So when finding this product on Amazon I was very skeptical that it really was what it claimed. As the other post stated, it seemed "too good to be true". Bottom line is everything arrived and I'm pleasantly surprised. I purchased this because two of our rechargeable packs died and would no longer recharge. To replace just one battery pack was going to cost at least $10 and so when I found this all together for only $12 plus my free shipping for being a Prime member, it was perfect. I will admit it is slightly annoying how the remotes have to be in just the right position to charge, however, in my opinion, it is a very small price to pay LITERALLY for what this setup cost me. The other charger we had was the exact same way, temperamental about the remotes being placed in it just right but we dealt with it with little issue. My kids are 7 and 12 and knew you weren't done putting the remotes up unless the light indicated they were charged so again this really isn't a concern I had.

Someone else stated in their comment about how they didn't like that you couldn't have your casing, skin-like cover on your remote while they were charging. I have yet to find any remote charger that allows you the ability to charge with those remote covers on so if someone else did I would sure be interested in knowing that.

Bottom line, for the deal these are I feel it was a good investment and a great savings considering I would have easily paid twice this amount just to replace two battery packs. So, take it all into consideration and make the choice for yourself. I for one and happy with my purchase and extremely pleased with saving the money I did.
136 people found this helpful
|66 comments|Report abuse
VINE VOICEon June 4, 2015
This is for the "classic Wii (not the U) as far as I can tell... It's a good price for the number of stations per unit and batteries provided but that value drops exponentially I'd you CAN'T get units to actually charge. Even with the remotes stripped down (even removing the safety wrist tie each time you want to charge) you are unlikely to get ANY "drained" remote to sit on the station and stay lit as charging. If you enjoy building Houses of Cards with peanut butter on your fingers, you MIGHT enjoy getting these to work.
2 people found this helpful
on January 7, 2014
In the hopes of being kinder to the environment, I opted to get rechargeable battery packs for our Wii remotes. But this is the second unit that I have bought in the past year and while they both worked fairly well for about two months, the battery packs soon would not hold their charge, would not connect to the charger, and simply became a big frustration. I later learned that the reason for our Wii's not staying synced was due to these battery packs. We had to sync and re-sync constantly even with full charge on the packs. So rather than risk damaging our remotes, I have stopped using these and will not purchase anything like this again. I have opted to buy a battery charger and NiMh batteries to use instead. I won't be putting batteries in landfills and will spare the frustration of our remotes constantly losing connection. I am happy that for a few months, we saved money on buying disposable batteries and left a smaller carbon footprint, but now I have two of these chargers that will end up in a landfill.
on April 15, 2015
I purchased this 2 years ago. There were a few minor issues getting the wiimotes to dock properly. I never charged 4 at a time, but sometimes there were issues getting 3 to dock and charge at once. Overall, it was a great product for the price, and any issues I had were minor inconveniences for the past 2 years. However, now the product seems to have run its life course. The battery packs no longer hold a charge. I imagine this is the effect of so many charge cycles.

All-in-all, given that no battery pack will last forever, and I never had any memorable issues with it (until its apparent end-of-life failure) I would have to recommend the product for its price. Definitely cheaper than buying batteries! But if one of the more expensive models claims to last longer, that might be something you should consider....
on October 22, 2016
Don't waste your money. I used this for several months, but it was difficult to charge. The contacts were hard to line up so they would often not charge properly. Even when it did charge, it would run out of power within 2 or 3 days of limited use. Being able to just set this on a charger rather than opening the back is a plus, but I have sleeves on my remotes, so those had to be pulled off to even charge with this.We use the Wii more for Netflix viewing now rather than games and I would have to get up and replace a remote every 2nd or 3rd night. I replaced this by buying a set of rechargeable batteries and a charger. I have been using the first remote now for over 2 months and it still has at least half the charge. The rechargeable replacement was cheaper than this was and lasts so much longer.
on March 13, 2015
Let's hope I don't have to change my review later. But so far so good. I saw the price, hit order and then read reviews (stupid but whatever, I figure for that price it was worth a shot right?). I got the email yesterday saying it was shipped and would arrive within 7-10 days, got it today (woohoo). I plugged them in, the batteries are a bit snug, but I didn't even need to press hard to get them in. Then the dock literally clicks them in, and easy off, its idiot proof. All 4 slots work, it's lit up nice and bright. Got all 4 charging now at the same time. We have the nyko brand one from years ago and it's selling for way more than we bought it for, they want $12 Each for batteries.. I paid less than $17 for this and it's so much easier to use, no fiddling to line up all the charge ports.
on November 30, 2014
Love it! My one and only gripe is the packs themselves only ever show as half charged and will drain within about an hour of heavy use, light use like using youtube and turning them off will yeild much more time. If you have four remotes like me you might consider buying two of these that way all remotes can be charging at once (like in the picture) and you always have a spair for each remote then these could probably go all day just swapping batterie packs. All in all well worth the price and will be buying a second as I mentioned.
on December 15, 2014
These battery packs worked perfectly on our old Wii remotes. Love that they stay charged between uses. You know when they're done charging as the red light in front of each remote goes out. Can turn the switch off in back, or it makes a pretty cool nightlight, even when the Wii isn't on. I love it.
**UPDATE** stopped working after a year....lights still look like it's working, but the rechargeable batteries it came with aren't being charged....not worth it, better off buying rechargeable AA batteries and save the headaches.