Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Wall Charger for Nintendo DS Lite (Lifetime Warranty, Bulk Packaging)
Your Garage Buy 2 kids' books and save Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Ryley Walker Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer PilotWave7B PilotWave7B PilotWave7B  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Shop Now STEM

on August 13, 2008
We have a DS Lite that we bought in the US, and since moving overseas, we've needed to use a voltage adaptor every time we want to charge it. Even the small wattage voltage adaptors are quite heavy, so while this works fine for us at home, it makes it very difficult to take the DS Lite with us when we travel. This charger is a lifesaver, since we no longer have to pack a heavy voltage adaptor.

Like the original charger, the plug folds down to make it more portable, but the US-style plug does mean that a plug adaptor is still required for most overseas use. Thankfully plug adaptors are usually quite lightweight. Also, the cord is a bit shorter than the original charger, which may be good for traveling but makes it a little harder to play when the power is low, since you need to sit closer to an outlet.

Overall, it's a handy thing to have if you ever take your DS Lite overseas, and the price is fantastic!

(Note that this charger is indeed designed for the Nintendo DS Lite, and NOT the original Nintendo DS, which uses a different connection.)
on December 7, 2009
...It was just that. I recently went to purchase a USED DS lite charger at my local Game store and it was $10, I got this one for $3- shipping included, and it came to me in less then a week. Great service :)
on January 20, 2012
If you think your going to get a OEM plug your wrong. It does work but is black and does not have the "low profile" type flip down plugs. They should not show that picture as their item but I think they want you to think your getting and original replacement.
on March 1, 2013
I got this in today and plugged it in. It charged for about 15 minutes before it stopped working completely. Now it is dead as can be. Do not buy this.
on February 8, 2014
Ordered this for my son for Christmas on December 8. Gave it to him on Christmas. He used it something like 5 times. It no longer works. The return window expired on January 31st. Seriously? Not even 3 months for a return window?

The charger cost under $5.00 and came with free shipping. It's not the dollars, it's the principle and the inconvenience. Look at all the poor ratings on this thing. One would think Amazon would have a mechanism in place to investigate these types of items and get them off their site. If I could give it zero stars, I would.

Pros

None

Cons

It's a piece of junk that died after 5 uses and cannot be returned after only 2 months.
on December 4, 2008
This is just a normal charger for US only. The spec is completely misleading. It can't be used abroad. Be careful!
on July 24, 2016
My son says "give it FIVE STARS!" so I'm giving it FIVE STARS! LOL! So, first off, apparently it charges his DS. He appears satisfied with the speed at which it charges it. He likes that it's gray and not black "like all the other chargers for all the other thingies" so he can tell it apart. He likes that the prongs fold into the back, because it makes it "more neato than your [mom's] charger thingies". He wants me to use my label maker to put his name on it, which is going to possibly make it even cooler. But other than that, it's already as cool as it's possible to get. So, there you have it. A review by an 8 year old. If you need a charger for your DS, this one comes highly recommended by my 8 year old son. :)
on October 8, 2009
Wow.....great product at a fraction of the cost! My children lost the adapter that came with their Nintendo DS Lite and I did not want to buy another one for $14.99 at a retail store. I am so glad I found this here at Amazon for not even a fourth of the price!!!
on August 16, 2009
Instead of sending me the 100-240V "Worldwide Traveler" adapter, the vendor sent me the standard USA-only adapter that comes included with Nintendo players sold in the USA. From reading other reviews, I can see this is not the first time this has happened. This vendor either has very sloppy quality control, or they are using Amazon as a way to discard high inventories of the USA-only adapters. The price is very low, but even a low price is not worth it if customers cannot buy the item they want.
on January 9, 2009
I too received the wrong item from the seller. I have contacted them to see if I can get the correct one. The end that is supposed to plug into the DS Lite is much bigger and clearly belongs to another electronic item. BUYER BEWARE.