Amazon Business Books with Buzz STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Luxury Beauty March Birthstone Shop Popular Services GimmeDanger GimmeDanger GimmeDanger  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis Elton John Tackle Any Terrain with Cycling on Amazon STEM

Showing 1-10 of 1,201 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,279 reviews
on August 10, 2015
For anyone confused with the back and forth of reviews saying that this device doesn't work, that they were sent the wrong charger, or to the suspiciously contrasting glowing but yet brief reviews saying its a Godsend of a charger, I would like to help end the confusion.

I bought this charger doubting if it would be the right one or if it would work or not, but when I received it, I was delighted to find that it was the right charger, and it worked! I have been using it for 3 weeks to a month now and it is charging without any problems. If you have a Nintendo DS Lite and are looking for a charger, I would definitely take a chance like I did on this thing. I'm so glad to be able to play my DS again!

The short and sweet:
Yes it works, its the right cord for the Nintendo DS Lite, has been working for a month now.
on December 3, 2012
Item finally arrived after ~2 weeks of waiting for item availability (purchased directly from Amazon). Opened packaging. Took charger out of the box. Plugged charger into wall outlet. Plugged DS Lite into charger. Charging indicator light on DS Lite turned on. Left the whole thing for ~5 minutes. Noticed the indicator light had gone off. Checked all the connections. Checked the wall outlet with another device and charger just to make sure it was working. Tried reconnecting everything again. Nothing worked. Tried again after an hour. Still nothing. Forced to conclude that the DS Lite charger is, in fact, defective.

As for the product itself: the unit feels very hollow and light, and not in a good way. The rotating plug was loose and had little pieces of plastic around the pivot and the metal parts. The end that plugs into the DS Lite is also somewhat loose. All in all a very shoddy product. Not exactly what I would expect from Amazon.
on March 28, 2015
I was happy when I was given my ds lite only catch was the charger had been lost Iteally should have avoided this oerchase I am so upset at how horrible this charger Is. It came in a beat up box (fast shipping though) and it was so cheaply made I thought I broke it when I plugged it in. It fits the ds lite only catch is its charged for about half a second each time I plugged it in!!! I tried several outlets and even wiggled the cord....NOTHING! Piece-o-crap!!! Its not even worth the hassle of returning!
on December 6, 2016
DO NOT BUY! UNSAFE! Product shorted out and blew a circuit as soon as it was plugged in. Thought I'd save a couple of bucks and buy this cheaper product versus the OEM. I was wrong. I wanted to return, but seller has a no return policy and I'm not going to chase down Amazon for 6 bucks. I'm glad I didn't give it to my kid first. Lifetime warranty doesn't mean anything if it kills you.
on March 8, 2017
Worked for about almost a month. Now it is refusing to charge my ds. Light on ds is not lighting up indicating charging. Light turns red once then upon checking again light is abruptly off. Highly dissapointed, was enjoying playing my ds again. Now it's dead and I can't play. One star. Don't see any return or replace options so that makes it even worse and more frustrating and infuriating. Big thumbs down. Want a replacement so my money does not go in vain. What a shame. 👎👎👎👎👎
on April 2, 2013
Be warned that if you buy this, the product may not work. It seems that the manufacturor does not keep good quality control and the first one I got was dead on arrival and the second one died after a week. I haven't used my DS much now and on my third one so time will tell if it'll work or not. I had a friend's charger that does work so I know the DS isn't the problem. Amazon's customer service is very good though and they'll take care of you very quickly and try to resolve the situation in your favor. Thank you Amazon customer service.
on November 21, 2015
Just received this charger today, as a lot of other people are saying it doesn't work. I plug it in and nothing happened. Then when I went to see how I can return it, I find out that I can't. Apparently this item is not eligible for returns. The charger is complete crap. I never understood why people advertise something and then they screw people over, seriously, if you're going to sell something have it work. So, it seems that I cannot get my money back and I still need a charger.
on March 11, 2016
We have purchased a few DS systems second hand off online sale sites for our children and one or two of them came without a charger. It's not so big of a problem until you have 3 children all needing to charge their DS system because none of them thought to do it until they were completely dead. The price on this AC adapter charger seemed to be a good deal and if it helps keep the screaming and whining level down in our house I am happy to pay the price. This came a couple days after I had ordered it and works just as stated. We've had it for a few months now and with a 6 year old tugging it out of the wall and dragging it across various types of flooring it has held up and still works great. I haven't had any problems with the plug to wall or the jack insert on the cord. It's holding up very well and I am sure we will get a lot more use out of it. I may end up purchasing another one or two just so they don't have to be trapped around the house so much.
on March 9, 2017
Perfect fit no issues
on March 17, 2017
Love it

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.