Your Garage Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Lindsey Stirling Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer PilotWave7B PilotWave7B PilotWave7B  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis DollyParton Water Sports STEM
Charger Can I use the charger from my current kindles (keypads) on a new touch?
asked by Patrick J. Dalia on September 29, 2011
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 11-20 of 33 answers
A
Brent, you can charge with the cable and a USB port o you can use it with the adapter but either one will work so you don't need the adapter.

The adapter is nice if you don't have a USB port handy (like when traveling) and it may charge faster but I don't know.
Bethanne answered on December 10, 2011
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Thank you for explaining that, I thought so but sure didn't know. I bought just the Kindle, deciding I have time (pre X-Mas) to get the charger if needed. Thank you for letting me know, now I feel like I made the right choice.

Happy Holidays,

Brent
Brent Scott answered on December 11, 2011
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
This will work just fine. Your adapter's output is standard USB power.
W. Redmond answered on December 15, 2011

A
[Deleted by the author on Dec 21, 2011 3:31:06 PM PST]

A
Out of curiosity will an iPhone charger work to charge the kindle touch?
Ian Schmidt answered on December 23, 2011

A
I am currently charging my Touch with my cell phone charger. I was going to buy their charger but now I guess I don't need to. This seems to be working.
Jack E. Sheppard answered on December 24, 2011

A
I am currently charging my Touch with my cell phone charger. I was going to buy their charger but now I guess I don't need to. This seems to be working.
Comment | 0 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Comment | 0 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A

A
‹ Previous   1   2   3   4   Next ›

See all questions about this product