Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: ChargerCity OEM Vehicle Power Adapter Cable Car Charger for Magellan Roadmate 5175 5145 5120 5045 3120 3065 3055 3045 2145 2120 2055 2045 2036 2035 GPS Navigator with Extended 9ft Coiled cord for Longer Reach & Easy Storage. Include Free Micro SD Card USB Reader/Writer & Manufacture direct replacement warranty
Amazon Vehicles Editors' Picks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Celine Dion Shop Now

on February 4, 2011
This charger does fit the unit, HOWEVER, the plug end to the GPS does NOT work with the windshield mount/base that came with the GPS. The original cable end snapped into the base, and the replacement cable end is supposed to just plug in but the end is bigger than the cutout in the base so it doesn't plug in all the way when you use the base that came with the unit. If you are planning on using with the original base, pay the extra and get the real OEM version directly from Magellan.
on November 2, 2011
I have ordered 2 of these and they definitely do what they say they will do. Provided charging and running power for my Magellan with a decent length of cord.

Unfortunately, there were a few CONS. First, it is built to very low standards. I had one that was dropped from about 2 feet off the ground and the plastic housing shattered. All internal components spilled out and because the actual plastic was damaged, it became unusable.

Second, the connector on the GPS end is not an exact match to the original charger so it does not fit the windshield mount properly. This is a minor thing since a little creativity can get you around it but it is definitely worth mentioning.

Overall, if you treat it with kid gloves, this seems to be a good, low-cost replacement adapter.
on June 8, 2014
I bought this power adapter cable car charger for easy extend and storage.

HOWEVER,

The connecting part with the navigation is not 100% fit with my navigation.

It causes the navigation continuously turning on and off.

What should I do?
on February 4, 2014
The charger that came with my Magellan GPS wore and eventually broke at the point the charger and cord connect. This charger seems to be much better reinforced at that point. I am delighted to have been able to replace the original easily and economically.
on May 17, 2014
Cord is nicer then the original one. It's nice and tight so it is not every where. I do wish it pluged in to the GPS better.
The original connects to the mount, this one just plugs in so sometimes it can be pulled out.
on May 26, 2011
it is good. but it is too tight. i thought i plugged it in. but it was only halfway plugged in. i thought if i kept on pushing it, it would be broken. so i sent the customer service an email. they replied really fast and told me it is just tight. so i tried it again, it works.
on August 21, 2011
Has a sturdy wire, works great with my magellan. Still does not fit with my charger stand on the windsheild though...
on May 29, 2014
The item works well after a couple of weeks.
However, the plug does feel rather flimsy.
It fits into the cig lighter hole well, but I am cautious to be gentle with it.

I rated only 3 stars because of the cost combined with the "flimsiness" of its feel.
Other comments stated that it did not last long, so I am a bit skeptical on its durability.
on January 23, 2012
Amazon shipped item very quickly. I bought this as a replacement for my Magellan GPS car mounted charger.The numbers on the Magellan do not match the individual parts of the GPS, so although I had to send this back I had no problems
on March 20, 2012
DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY!!! I had problems with this adapter from the start. At first, I thought it was my GPS. It would barely charge. So I continued using it. Finally the end part that plugs into the GPS fell off with wires exposed. That's when I realized why it wasn't charging because of the poor workmanship of the cable. Didn't save the packaging so couldn't return the item. Would never buy from this seller again.