Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning britboxlaunch britboxlaunch britboxlaunch  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $59.99 Kindle Paperwhite Trade it in. Fund the next. Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 106 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 111 reviews
on August 12, 2010
If you have not purchased this device, I recommend looking elsewhere. If you already have it--or you buy things in the face of one or two negative reviews--you should read on.

This GPS holder has two ball and socket connections. One is secured by a plastic nut. The other is just a snap in socket much like the one on your windshield GPS holder. The bottom ball/socket is secure enough. The top one is not. After a few weeks of use, mine this morning popped loose and the GPS went to the pavement, shattering the LCD display. In retrospect, if I had known, I would have secured the upper ball and socket with superglue or epoxy. You still have the lower ball and the handlebar attachment you can adjust.

When I bought this, my fear was that the clip that holds the GPS unit was risky. As it turned out, that part of the bracket is OK. That top socket, though, is really weak.
on December 13, 2009
I wanted a handelbar mount for my Garmin n265W GPS that i could take off my motorcycle when I was not using it. This product fits the bill. I am happy with its performance so far and have used it many times. It feels a bit light duty but to this point has performed like a champ even on rough bouncy conditions. Great for Bike, Motorcycle, scooter any application where you need to strap it to a Bar. Would recommend to a friend, (in fact i already have)
on July 7, 2010
I used this mount on a recent 225 mile ride to northern Michigan on a Kawasaki dual purpose motorcycle. This trip was on paved roads where the speed limits were 60 mph and below. This mount performed flawlessly. I mounted it on the left handlebar at about the same angle as my instrument cluster. To help keep the mount in place, I put a single layer of duct tape around the handlebar under the mount. The duct tape is a tackier surface than the handlebar and gives the rubber on the mount something to grip on to. I learned this trick from devices I have mounted on my mountain bike. Pulling the strap extra tight and then locking the one ball joint in place, the other ball joint allows some movement of the GPS to adjust for glare. On the entire trip to northern Michigan and back, the mount and the GPS did not budge. It was awesome. If you've ever traveled Michigan roads, you know that there are some parts where the pavement is buckled and you can get some pretty jarring hits that send you up off the motorcycle saddle. None of these affected this mount. I was so impressed, that I am ordering another one for my mountain bike.
on January 9, 2014
I've been using this bike mount for two years now, so maybe it's time to post my comments. It works well. I've used it with three different Garmin Nuvi GPSs at this point, with no problem. Different Nuvis use different sized brackets, but that's not a problem. Simply take the bracket that came with your GPS and snap it onto the ball of this mount, and it'll work fine.

I did find a deficiency with the product. The unit attaches to your handlebar via a piece of flexible grooved rubber that wraps around the handlebar. Eventually the grooves wear out and the mount will no longer stay in place. That's a bit annoying. HOWEVER, there is a fix for the problem. When the rubber wrap ceased to hold, I simply cut it off, slipped a metal hose clamp into its place, and tightened down the hose clamp. Problem permanently solved.

I give the mount four stars instead of five because I had to jury rig the fix described above. The manufacturer should use better material for the handlebar wrap. Otherwise, it's a great little gizmo.
on June 21, 2011
This was great at first. I use it on a bicycle. I'm finding though that it's getting harder to get it tight enough. I initially bought it for use on my motorcycle, but I'm starting to rethink that. It's very difficult to get it on tight enough that it doesn't start to slip after a few bumps. I also found this cradle does not fit my Garmin Nuvi 700 at all. It's not even close. To work around that, i just popped the cradle off my car mount. But for the price I expected a few headaches. My advice if things not working perfect out of the box frustrates you is to move on and spend a little extra on something better.
on October 30, 2010
I used this mount numerous times during the past summer, sometimes over very bumpy and pothole-filled roads. My Nuvi 205 never fell off. I believe the secret to its success is the fact that the clip itself has some give, allowing it to absorb road shock. My GPS would shake considerably while riding over rough roads, but it wouldn't escape the grip of the mount. It's easy to install and remove. I would, however, have preferred that it would slip less... After riding for a while, it would tend to rotate down slightly on my handlebar, until my GPS was rattling against the bar. I would have to periodically adjust it. Nonetheless, I would recommend this mount to others.

Update: I recently purchased another of these mounts for a different bike. A few improvements have been made to the original design since I originally bought one. Firstly, a "pyramid" texture pattern has been added to the inside of the mounting strap, resulting in noticeably improved grip and virtual elimination of the slipping tendency I mentioned above. Also, the ball-and-socket joint seems to have been made tighter, providing a bit more secure grip for the GPS unit itself. Neither mount has yet to accidentally release my GPS. Incidentally, the tightening ring shown in the current product image (as of 8/2012) is the same color (black) as the rest of the mount, not orange.
on July 13, 2011
I received this gps mount to use on my new Yamaha XT1200Z which has not arrived yet so my review is strictly based on first impressions out of the package. Not a bad mount I guess this is my first time trying a gps on a bike and my Garmin Nuvi 1300LM is not really meant to be used on a m/c or pedal bike for that matter so mount choices are very limited which led me to this mount. True m/c gps units are $$$$$$. Anyway this new mount has a clip that does not fit my Nuvi so I had to order a completely new vehicle mount kit from Garmin for 25.00 which I will then use the clip from that kit to snap onto this m/c mount from Amazon. Of course this increased my costs all around and until my bike arrives I have no idea if this mount is even going to be worth the trouble but I hope so. There isn't much to this gps mount pretty much what you see in the pic is what you get. I do suggest following others idea of wrapping some duct tape or in my case electrical tape around the handlebar where you plan to mount it up so that the strap from the mount has something to bite into. I'm going with elect tape because it is easier to remove. Anybody that has dealt with duct tape knows what happens to it over time in the sun the glue becomes very nasty and hard to get off.
I used this mount to mount my Garmin 205W on the handlebars of a Dehon foldable bike (without front suspension). I really dig the price, but the mount is not as solid as I would have hoped. You would be CRAZY to use this mount to mount a GPS on the handlebars of a Harley at highway speeds. My max speeds approach only 20mph and I had to adjust the mount several times during a 2-mile road. I'll keep it, but only because it's better than my previous mount: A bungee cord and a soft rag.
on April 4, 2010
I have only used the Nuvi motorcycle mount once - on a 2 hour ride, but it performed very well. I have a Harley-Davidson Dyna Wide Glide and the handle bar diameter is too large for other mounts I have tried. Being a Harley, my bike has a good bit of vibration, but the mount stayed in place.
on February 24, 2015
Absolutely perfect. Since my iPhone Waze App has replaced my old Garmin Nuvi 255 I decided to put it on my Yamaha VStar Sunday Cruiser. Although at this point I don't care about losing this old unit I certainly didn't want it flying off my bike will I'm driving down the 405 freeway.

Mount it using the suction cup on my windshield? WRONG!! Not sure if its the vibration but had a couple of close calls trying that.

This mount secures your GPS directly on the handlebars, PERFECT!!
review image review image