Truck Reviews Beauty Warlight Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon $0.99 rentals for Prime members $0.99 rentals for Prime members $0.99 rentals for Prime members  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now STL18_GNO

on August 23, 2017
I feel duped by sales hype. The watch feels like junk tin to the hands, the cover doesn't open far enough and gets in the way when reading the time, sloppy loose stem to set the time and date, the engraving is light and shallow and looks very poor and cheap in natural light. I have felt better quality watches on wal-marts $10 rack. The watch is grotesquely overpriced for it's quality and I have my doubts it would survive being dropped on a carpeted floor. I will never buy the brand again.
review image
2 people found this helpful
on November 15, 2013
This Charles Hubert Paris pocket watch is a great product.

We ordered and received it in about a week. So far, seems as advertised. It came in a nicely packaged box and then inside a luxury watch box. The stainless steel finish on the watch was shiny and without scratches. The easy to read dial with numeric numbers versus roman numerals stood out nicely on the black background we selected. The pocket clip chain came separate, but looked nice and attached with ease. The unit was off on the exact time when we got it, but we re-set it and no issues since. It is heavy to the hand, but from a standpoint of quality not too heavy to handle.

Make sure you hold down the top bottom each time while opening and closing the watch face - DO NOT push down and quickly let it up as the opening and closing of the watch makes a loud/hard clicking sound. Doing this causes the watch to work harder to open/close and could break the mechanism over time. Instead, hold it down, keep it down and gently open and close the face each time and then let the button up, You'll have a more gentle clicking sounds as it opens & closes. This will give longevity. We read up on it so, we do it right this time.

My husband has gotten a good 1/2 dozen watches in the last decade and really wanted a new pocket watch. I thought here we go ahead - we'll spend $60 to 80 and the piece will go within a year and not look great to boot? We'll buy more and all the same. But, we looked hard for the right piece this time and believe with our research the Charles Hubert brand will hold up well. We spent the $110 to get a good piece that should last this time. My husband uses it everyday so far. I'll try to post a follow up comment in a year if all a go still.

For now, a really good buy. Five stars.
6 people found this helpful
on March 14, 2016
the watch was junk - it came in with the time working so not sure how much of the battery was left. looked like it could have been a return too due to a tag was scraped off the back of the watch. also set the time around noonish - by 5 or 6 o'clock it was already 3 plus hrs slow. set it again - put it in the drawer. checked it the next morning and it was also very slow - this time many more hrs and i believe it stopped at the same time both times - at around 3:20. so go figure. trying to send it back - garbage. seems to stop at the same time all the time - the seconds hand keeps working but the big hands stay at around 3:20 - actually that was the time when it came in too when i set it originally!
4 people found this helpful
on June 11, 2014
I gave this watch to my nephew for his confirmation. I liked the stainless steel construction, weight, and lifetime warranty. Had it engraved on the back with a scripture passage about, "You know not the day nor the hour." The only negative: Things Remembered couldn't inscribe the inside cover where there is a pattern on the medal. Solution: I bought a set of 3M double sided sticky squares and put a picture inside the cover instead of another inscription.
3 people found this helpful
on May 8, 2013
Gave this to my youngest as a college graduation gift. Very nice pocket watch and the black face and Arabic numbers make it more easily readable. Simple. Stylish. Took well to engraving on both front and back. Hope he is able to pass it along as an heirloom.

Only drawback is that I wish the the watch opened up wider. It stops at 90 degrees which is enough but a little further would have made it more easily readable. Perhaps it will loosen up a bit in time (hahaha.) Not a deal breaker. The price makes it a great value altho I had intended to spend more. Just didn't find one with a black face and non-Roman numerals. Charles-Hubert makes great pocket watches and each of my sons have recieved them as gifts.
2 people found this helpful
on February 15, 2013
Bought this for our grandson for high school graduation. He absolutely loved it. He has always wanted a pocket watch. We bought the Paris 3572-6 Black Leather 56mm Poctet Watch Holder also, in case he wanted to wear on his belt.

'My' only complaint, was the face cover does not open at a 45 degree angle, which to me, hinders viewing the beauty of both watch and inside of face plate.
3 people found this helpful
on March 15, 2018
ordered two watches, one right after another. I sent the first one back because it lost 2 to 3 hours every day. The second was not as bad, only 1 to 2 hours a day. needless to say, I think these are a piece of junk. I ended up purchasing a great Pilot pocketwatch from Jurgens of Germany. Beautiful watch, German craftsmanship, and handmade quality. Worth a look, certainly worth the really reasonable prices.
on March 21, 2016
The shell is beautiful stainless steal but when you open the watch strong bold and bright ! It gave me a felling of self wealthy and strong . I like 3599-B .
One person found this helpful
on October 16, 2012
This is a very nice watch and the price was just right; a good value for the money. I especially like that I now have to make an effort to find out the time: haul the watch out of my watch pocket while I am standing up, flip it open, read the time, close it carefully as instructed to lessen the strain on the latch, and put it back in my pocket. With a wrist watch, it's too easy to look at it all the time (so to speak).

One quibble. This is an electronic watch, so you have to change the battery by taking off the back. This means a trip to the jeweler, since the back on this watch is too hard to get off -- there is no lip for slipping in a thin prying blade. Also, the instructions did not include the size/type of battery to use, so I can't have one on hand.
on March 30, 2016
I have always loved a pocket watch. The style on this one is so classic and sleek. I keep this one around me all the time!
One person found this helpful