Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Charles-Hubert, Paris Stainless Steel Quartz Pocket Watch
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Joseph Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Snacks Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now

on October 4, 2011
Just bought this to replace my stolen Victorinox Swiss Army pocket watch (24720?).

This is very light weight compared to my old watch.

I use pocket watches daily and have gone through 3 pocket watches over about 25 years. One thing I learned is that the stem is the weakest part, so there is less risk/wear/tear with a watch which has no cover (covers are opened many times a day), a battery-powered quartz movement (no winding, infrequent time adjustment), and no date indicator (date adjust at least 5 months/year).

I like the look of this watch: clean, simple lines, easy to read numerals for over-40 eyes. The hands are more ornate/busy than I prefer; no big deal. The logo and other text on the face are also unwelcome clutter to an otherwise clean look.

The second hand has almost a full second worth (6 degrees) of backlash. If you just gently tilt the watch, the second hand will rotate forward or backward ~1 second. Don't know if this is backlash in the gears or in the hand/collar attachment. Guess that's the quality you get at this price point, not a deal breaker for me. The hour and minute hands do not have this issue.

The chain has a large lobster claw on the far end with a lever nub to make it easier to open. Not great quality, but appears better than the "C" clasp I had before. Verdict is out on its durability. Also has a swivel on each clasp; the large one spins loosely, the small one stiffly. Posted a pic. Chain is 14 + 3/4 inches long from clasp end to clasp end; chain itself is 12 inches. Clasps are attached to chain with "C" rings; they do not appear to be soldered/welded.

Will plan to update as it ages or gives me any trouble.

Update: 1 thing I miss compared to my old watch. I used to be able to clip the chain's "C" clasp onto a link of the chain, so I could run it through a belt loop and adjust the overall length this way to remove slack that rattles agains the watch in the pocket and have less to fish out. The claw on this one is too large to fit in a chain link. I might try to obtain a C clasp to do this, and just clip the lobster to it. Will post a pic whenever I get this accomplished.
review image
33 comments| 31 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 10, 2014
After much searching on the net and in stores, it seemed a good, reasonably priced pocket watch was hard to find. This one fit the bill. Seems well made and has a life time guarantee. I am happy so far. The chain is also quite sturdy, and the clasp can be hooked over the chain to shorten it. Large enough face to be readable with these aging eyes.
on December 2, 2015
If you like the look of an antique watch, but the accuracy of a quartz movement< this watch could be for you.

One thing I didn't know when I bought it is, the widest part of the watch is the very back, which is completely flat. As is the crystal. The hands are extremely delicate and take up little space behind the crystal. The chain is heavy and well made. I keep mine having on a shelf as it almost seems more like a little clock than a pocket watch.

I'm not sure I'm supposed to mention this, but the price of this watch occasionally fluctuates a lot. So patience may get you a better price. Although it's well worth the typical selling price.

Very satisfied with this purchase.
review image review image review image review image
on July 18, 2013
Excellent quality extremely happy. Pictures don't do it justice elegant time piece. An excellent addition to any watch collection. Worth every penny.
on May 21, 2014
watch is awesome...it is simple, durable, not showy but still presents a touch of sophistication and class. i recommend this watch.
on February 5, 2015
Over-priced for a watch of its quality. It sounds "tinny" when it bumps against something, like the chain (which is quite substantial). I suspect--I haven't looked--that the electronics inside it are not much different to those of much smaller watches. So far, however, it is keeping time to nearest second.
on November 20, 2015
I bought this watch as a present for my grandma, she liked it a lot. I can say you can buy it without hesitation. It is wonderfully unique, and can be gifted.
on April 18, 2016
very nice watch....much better than the mechanical Charles-Hubert that broke the second time I wore it. Broken main spring after winding it three times.....
on February 17, 2014
It's a real good watch . It feels like an old wind up pocket watch . And it holds up great if you don't take it in the hot tub like i did in Hawaii .
on October 7, 2015
This is a simple and look nice pocket watch. The package was enough for oversea delivery. I think it has good balance between its price and quality.