Charles Kim is an Oracle ACE Director, VMware vExpert, Oracle Certified DBA, Certified Exadata Implementation Specialist, Certified SharePlex Administrator, and a Certified RAC Expert. Charles specializes in RAC, Exadata, Cloud, and Virtualization and author of 10 books:
1. Oracle Database 11g New Features for DBA and Developers
2. Linux Recipes for Oracle DBAs
3. Oracle Data Guard 11g Handbook
4. Virtualize Oracle Business Critical Databases
5. Oracle ASM 12c Pocket Reference Guide
6. Oracle Exadata Expert's Handbook
7. Virtualizing Hadoop: How to Install, Deploy, and Optimize Hadoop in a Virtualized Architecture (VMware Press Technology)
8. Solaris and Linux Recipes for DBAs
9. Oracle Cloud Pocket Solutions Guide
10. PDB Me To Oracle Cloud
Charles holds certifications in Oracle, VMware, Red Hat Linux, and Microsoft and has over 26 years of Oracle experience on mission and business critical databases. Charles presents regularly at local, regional, national and international Oracle conferences including IOUG Collaborate, RMOUG, VMware World, and Oracle OpenWorld on topics of RAC, ASM, Linux Best Practices, Data Guard Best Practices, VMware Best Practices, Oracle on VMware virtualization, and 7×24 High Availability Considerations.
Charles is the Founder and President of Viscosity North America (http://www.viscosityna.com), a niche Oracle consulting company specializing in Exadata, Performance Tuning, Virtualization and Oracle Cloud. Charles is also the President of the Cloud SIG for the Independent Oracle User Group.
Charles blogs regularly at http://DBAExpert.com/blog website.
His linkedin profile is: http://www.linkedin.com/in/chkim