|Fits as expected||
|Price:||$46.05 - $55.00 & Free Return on some sizes and colors|
- 100% Polyurethane
- Hand Wash
- Zip-front rain jacket featuring breathable mesh lining, reflective striping, and bungee-cord hood
- Hand pockets with covered zippers
- Adjustable hook-and-loop wrist straps, front yoke and underarm vents to allow for air-flow circulation
- Windproof and waterproof
- Hood with adjustable shockcord drawstring
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
Born From New England
It all started with a rain jacket in 1983. Charles River Apparel is a leading supplier of innovative outerwear, corporate wear and sport wear apparel for your everyday adventure. A stylish product mix includes polos, jackets, fleece, rain wear, performance active wear and of course, one of the top selling rain jackets in the country, the New Englander. Since its inception in 1983, New England-based Charles River Apparel has been recognized for the quality, style and value of its apparel, as well as a high level of customer service.
Women's New Englander Rain Jacket
By Charles River Apparel
Block out the elements with this Women's New Englander Rain Jacket. This must-have jacket is lined with gray mesh for air-flow circulation and is made from polyurethane that is bonded to a woven backing, providing additional fabric strength. The style features an A-line design with taffeta nylon sleeves, hood, a reflective stripe on the front, reflective accent on the front and back, a two-way front zipper and a wind flap and heat-sealed seams to keep the wind and rain out.
- Wind and Waterproof
- Air-Flow Circulation
- Heat Sealed Seams
- Reflective Stripe
- Taffeta Nylon Sleeves
|Women's New Englander Rain Jacket||Women's Pack-N-Go Pullover||Women's New Englander Pullover||Women's Watertown Jacket||Women's Pack-N-Go Poncho|
|Weather Protection||Wind and Waterproof||Wind and Water-Resistance||Wind and Waterproof||Waterproof||Waterproof|
|Lining||Mesh Lining||Unlined||Printed Taffeta Lining||Mesh Lining||Unlined|
|Hood and Collar||Hood with Adjustable Shockcord||Hood with Adjustable Shockcord||Hood with Adjustable Shockcord||Hood with Adjustable Shockcord||Hood with Adjustable Shockcords|
|Zip Styling||Full Length Zipper||Quarter Length Zipper||Quarter Length Zipper||Full Length Zipper||Full Length Zipper with Button Up Sides|
|Pockets||Covered Side Zip Pockets||Zippered Front Pouch Pocket||Zippered Front Pouch Pocket||Side Zip Pockets||Open Side Pockets|
|Color Selection||13 Colors||5 Colors||3 Colors||4 Colors||1 Color|
The original New Englander rain jacket is the essential rainwear jacket, made exclusively by Charles River Apparel. Wind and waterproof with heat-sealed seams to keep out wind and rain. Polyurethane shell fabric bonded to a woven backing to provide additional fabric strength. Lined with mesh for air-flow and taffeta nylon in sleeves for easy on and off. Hood and open hem with shock cord drawstring. Adjustable cuffs to seal out the elements. Front chest vented for breathability. When looking for quality apparel, look to Charles River Apparel. Charles River Apparel infuses their clothing with technology, performance and contemporary style. Traditional New England values bring innovation to everything they make innovation in how it fits to the way it feels. Charles River Apparel offers function that performs and fashion that lasts. After more than 30 years of leading quality, the family-owned business pushes into the future with their eyes on the horizon of innovation. "Look Good. Feel Good. Charles River Apparel."
- Package Dimensions: 1 x 1 x 1 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- ASIN: B00JJGZUKQ
- Item model number: 5099
- Date first available at Amazon.com: November 4, 2009
- Domestic Shipping: Item can be shipped within U.S.
- International Shipping: This item is not eligible for international shipping. Learn More
- Average Customer Review:
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I love this jacket (finally, a hood with drawstrings on a rain jacket!) and my only complaint is the zipper, which sticks and seems very cheap/plasticky. It's not enough to make me return it, not by far. I've been looking for a great rain jacket for probably 4 years, and this is the best I have found!
Update: 10/22/16: I've had this jacket now for a year and I'm changing my review from 4 to 5 stars. The questionable zipper has held up perfectly and the jacket itself is perfect; warm, breathable, not too heavy, and durable. I managed to snag it on a sharp piece of metal and put a tiny hole in it, so I put a very thin layer of clear nail polish over it and it's held just fine, not even noticeable. I plan to buy another, one to keep in my car, and I will probably get the purple or a slightly darker color this time because I'm a bit abusive towards my coats and there are a couple of small dirt marks on this one now. I wholeheartedly recommend this jacket!
So my conclusion: it is highly functional in the camping environment, very well made, and cute. Excellent quality and a great look. I am very glad I bought it, and I would highly recommend it.
- It really is waterproof - the rain rolls right off.
- Despite being water proof the jacket is really soft and supple and breathable - not rigid rubber. I love the feel of the outside of this jacket!
- There are Velcro straps at the cuffs to tighten them. Up here in the Northwest it can be cold so this will be great for colder days and on warmer rainy days you can just leave the cuffs loose so you don't get too warmed.
- Love the length of this jacket. It goes to about the top of your thighs so you stray dry and warm
- Has a double zipper so you can unzip the jacket at the bottom so when you sit down the jacket doesn't bunch up
- Nice secure, soft pockets
- The reflective strips on the front and bark are awesome!!! Perfect safety feature for people like me who love to walk their dogs late at night.
- Hood is well sized and has cords at the sides to adjust it tighter for windy days
- Bottom of cage also has cords to adjust to make it tighter at the bottom
- Nicely lined and soft on the body and inside the sleeves
- Colour is vibrant and matches my pink hair :)
- My only con is the sizing. Order a size larger!!!! I usually wear a women's XL. I ordered the XL and while it fit everywhere else the chest was tight and squishing me down. Thankfully I ordered this with free return and so sent that back and so ordered the XXL which is a perfect fit!