Save Big On Open-Box & Pre-owned: Buy "Charlie Countryman [Blu-ray]” from Amazon Warehouse Deals and save 54% off the $19.99 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all Open-Box & Pre-owned offers from Amazon Warehouse Deals.
Charlie Countryman [Blu-ray]
Deal of the Day: "M*A*S*H: The Complete Series + Movie" on DD
Today only, save big on this M*A*S*H bundle, which includes all 11 seasons of the hit television show and the feature film. This offer ends at 11:59 p.m. (PT) on Wednesday, July 27, 2016. Learn more
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Top Customer Reviews
1. The original title of the movie (and the title that appears onscreen) is “The Necessary Death of Charlie Countryman”.
2. For some reason, mainstream critics tore this movie apart, perhaps because it denies easy classification. I don’t know. Whatever the reason, it doesn’t deserve the hate that was heaped on it.
3. It’s kind of a violent, drug-fueled, romantic drama wrapped in magical realism.
4. Shia LaBeouf stars in it, and I think this may be his best performance ever. LaBoeuf plays Charlie, a depressed young man who has a tendency to talk to people even after they’re dead.
5. Charlie’s dead mother tells him to take a trip to Bucharest, where he meets a cello player with a dead father and a psychotic husband. Charlie falls in love with her, and he gets drawn into her problems.
6. The guy that played Ron Weasley in the Harry Potter movies, Rupert Grint, does a good job here playing an over-eager druggie. He’s definitely not at Hogwarts anymore.
7. The movie is bafflingly good at capturing that “damn-the-consequences-I’m-in-love” feeling that young people tend to fall into.
8. The soundtrack fits the movie perfectly. The original score meshes well with tracks from Moby and M83 to keep the slightly hallucinatory, dreamy atmosphere going through the whole film.
9. The ending wraps everything up a little too neatly, but this is an oddly beautiful film that needs to be better appreciated.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I only watched this movie to see Mads Mikkelsen. He was awesome as usual! Of course he was Sexy as hell. The movie was entertaining but only when Mads is on the screen.Published 19 days ago by Patti Padilla
Definitely one of my favorite Shia films. Wasn't at all what I expected, but in the best possible way.Published 1 month ago by Melissa
The movie is one of my all time favorites, if not my #1. Pretty quick delivery. Bottom of DVD Case was cracked. Disc was in good condition.Published 4 months ago by Brodie Burns
This movie is surrounded with this strange aura and that energy is a myserious magical that makes us love this movie. We can call it a magic realism or something. Read morePublished 5 months ago by Hee Chul Kwon
I like this movie. You weren't on the end of your seat, but you felt for Charlie.Published 8 months ago by Amazon Customer