Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now FFII_gno

Showing 1-10 of 88 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 95 reviews
on March 2, 2017
I read this to my daughter tonight. (Age 5) She loved it. She says Charlie is so funny. She also loved that the kids were homeschooled like her.
New York Times Bestselling author of The Pioneer Woman Cooks, Ree Drummond delivers another exciting, entertaining story about Charlie and his new idea, all ready to share with his friends. Charlie may not have too much time on his hands these days for naps, while he plans to start his own school for ranch animals. He has a great deal of planning to do and responsibility as he hopes that his friends will help. Suzie needs to learn her letters, Kitty Kitty needs to practice his math, the ranch horses need to brush up on their history, and Walter needs to learn everything. There is so much organizing to do, will Charlie have enough time, and do all his friends lend a helping hand? Does Charlie have to threaten to take away snacks if they don't pay attention? Who will clean up the mess, before Mama sees it? Is this school business too big of a job for Charlie? This delightful story is extremely funny, the colorful illustrations bring the adorable characters to life, and young children will learn about responsibility. Must Charlie take a nap, before he makes another attempt at running his school? A young child will be inspired by this fun-filled story, and curiosity will have children asking questions as well as being encouraged to read. Ree Drummond adds more fun as she includes a recipe for Charlie's favorite Strawberry Oatmeal Bars on the last page. An entertaining, enjoyable, and educational children's book for ages 4-8. Highly recommended for teachers, parents, and child-care providers!
on July 8, 2013
We were very excited to get this book when it was released. We also live out in the middle of nowhere like the author and homeschool our children. It can be hard to find books that show other children being homeschooled so we jumped to get this one. My children enjoyed the story and the continued antics of Charlie. The pictures were great as always. The story had a few parts that could have flowed better but overall a great book my little ones enjoyed and keep looking at.
on August 31, 2017
Love all Charlie books. Favorite because twins just started kindergarten.
on September 27, 2014
I, too, have a beagle named Charlie. I see him in this book. Also, my granddaughter started kindergarten this year. So I got her the book as I knew she could relate to both the dog and her excitement at now being able to go to school. My daughter has had to read her the book so many times she now knows it by heart!!! In fact so does she!!! So I bought another copy and donated it to my granddaughter's school library, showing my granddaughter how fun it is to share her favorite stories with her classmates.
on April 17, 2017
I love all of the Charlie books. buying them for my grandson.
on September 20, 2017
This series is a family favorite at bed time. Recommended.
on January 23, 2017
I admit to being a Ree Drummond fan! This was a nice book for homeschooling families. While I know the family isn't a secular homeschooling family this is still a fun read for those of us that are. The recipe at the back of the book is a fun addition.
on August 9, 2016
My child LOVES these stories! She loves everything about them, she ever watches Ree's TV show on Food Network just so she can see the real life Charlie on TV! They are fun stories that are not too long and easy to read. I recommend them!
on December 29, 2016
this is my grandson" s 4th Charlie book .. and we had to read it right away.. He is 4 and sleeps with a Charlie stuffed basset hound. soon we will get the ones for young readers