Industrial Deals Beauty Save up to 85% on textbooks Shop women's shoes nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. New LG Stylo 4 | $249.99. Save with Prime Exclusive Phones. Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry modern furniture and decor Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now SWMTVT18_gno

Customer reviews

Charlie: The dog who came in from the wild
Format: Paperback|Change
Price:$3.44+ $3.99 shipping

on February 17, 2016
This is an intensely rich book about relationships, understanding the need to allow dogs to be dogs and observe the process that every dog goes through. It's considerate, loving, bold and worth reading every word. It's an education into what dogs are all about woven into a true story. You won't even know your getting the best education you could ever possibly ask for. You'll look at your dog with a whole new mindset and your dog will be happier because of it. Bravo to the author.
One person found this helpful
on January 20, 2016
If you are an animal lover like me you will be delighted with Charlie. Only I couldn't finish reading it as in the end he passes away and I could not read about it. I cry just thinking about how short a time he got to live after all he had gone thru just to become a "civilized dog."
2 people found this helpful
on November 29, 2015
The day I got word that “Charlie, The Dog Who Came in from the Wild” was going into second printing, I was more than overjoyed. It’s a wonderful book full of great advice, lessons, and inspiration. Lisa writes with love, compassion and a knowledge of dog behavior that is astonishing. She approaches animal, and human, behavior from a crystalline point of view. What I may have originally thought about dogs and how they act is gently corrected and refashioned throughout this work. I am grateful for what I learned from Lisa through her colorful and descriptive recounting of adopting a feral one-eyed dog from Romania. Every page has something for everybody and you don’t have to own a dog to appreciate the content, but it adds extra depth if you do.
Not every day in Lisa’s life was fabulous with her adoptee Charlie, but they ended up having a bond that rivals the greatest canine love stories of all times. Lisa was one day elated at the progress and the next day devastated by a setback. Yet, through it all, she kept liver and cheese stuffed in her pockets to begin anew. In under a year Lisa and her beautiful daughter Amber gave a wild dog a new life. In exchange, he brought them the greatest joys you could imagine. And, he was hilarious! The things he did made me laugh, shake my head and laugh again.
I was fortunate enough to meet Charlie and he was a star. His guardian and care-giver tapped into the inner regions of this magnificent being and brought forth the purest heart, the softest soul and the most enthusiastic hand-licker I’ve ever met. I loved him the instant I met him, and you will too if you read this book and learn about his transformation. It’s a perfect book to give someone who loves dogs. I’ve read the book and bought many copies for friends who have thanked me profusely for the emotional experience it provides. Charlie may have indeed come in from the wild, but he tamed many humans in the process and left indelible paw prints on our hearts. He remains still, my favorite dog in the whole world.
3 people found this helpful