Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping. Tailgating FFII_gno

Showing 1-10 of 251 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 308 reviews
on March 24, 2015
I love watching the Pioneer Woman on the Food Network. The recipes are always like comfort & stick to your rib type of food. I also love when she talks about her family. Charlie is a member of her family and this book gives an insight to life on the ranch and the adorable Charlie. I am so happy that Ree has books dedicated and about her beloved pooch, Charlie.
on April 29, 2014
My daughter is picky when it comes to books but this one was an instant hit. She received it as a gift for her 2nd birthday because the Bassett hound main character looks a lot like our beagle. It is beautifully illustrated and humorous! We love the little chipmunk on every page that is still a fun "find it" game. Even I am not sick of it after reading it a gazillion times. I think this could be enjoyed by anyone young or old, especially dog lovers. I'm excited to read more of Charlie's adventures.
on July 24, 2014
I just bought the Kindle edition of Charlie the Ranch Dog for my 6 year old nephew and thought I would preview it. Needless to say, I ended up reading the entire book. What a charming, delightful, funny story. I felt myself smiling and chuckling the whole way through. I can see that this will be a favorite for a long time. Maybe by then my 18 month old grandson will be ready for some Charlie too.
on March 10, 2017
Great book for any little one! Great pictures too, they did a great job!
on January 15, 2013
The story is written from the perspective of a "working" Bassett Hound. It's a sweet story that should please both parent and child. My eight year old read it to me and there were opportunities for talking points as well. The illustrations were excellent as well.
on April 4, 2017
This book was purchased as a gift for a 4-year-old girl who was about to be a big sister again. I'm told she loves it!
on July 6, 2017
Great story and good author!
on April 30, 2017
We love Charlie!
on March 14, 2012
My friend found this book at a local store, we have a mutual friend who had a Basset Hound named Charlie that passed away a few years ago. Since he was having a little girl we decided this would be the perfect addition to our shower gift just for him! His eyes welled up with tears when he saw it...

This is such a delightful tale that I had to get a copy of the book for myself as well. It wasn't until I bought my copy on Amazon that i realized it is written by the woman who has a website I simply love called The Pioneer Woman! Not only is this site filled with amazing recipes, it has tons of crafty ideas and it's brimming with photography ideas and inspirations. I'm thrilled to once again find another reason the love The Pioneer Woman, Charlie the Ranch Dog is a wonderful book for any ranch or hound dog lover!
on October 15, 2015
My three year old daughter asked me to read this book to her on an almost daily basis. So that rates five stars for me.