Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now PSFF17_gno

Format: Hardcover|Change

Showing 11-20 of 942 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,624 reviews
on December 13, 2016
Charlotte's Web is a beloved children's classic and should be read by everyone from five to ninety-five. It is a story about the life of wonderfully drawn characters. Growing up on a dairy farm, I was mesmerized and totally comfortable with E.B. White's farm animals and the the people whose lives they touch, a beautifully written story about friendship.
on May 30, 2016
I first read Charlotte's Web as a child. It was meaningful on so many levels and I remember sobbing when Charlotte died. I recently read the book as an adult and a wall of emotions came flooding back. This book truly is a classic to be treasured.
on March 18, 2017
Charlotte’s Web is a great read. The story is told third person, past tense, with an omniscient point of view.

Like other children’s books with artwork, such as Beatrix Potter The Complete Tales, Dinotopia, Watership Down, Winnie The Pooh The Complete Tales and The Wind In The Willows, the illustrations enhance the storytelling, but unlike the above books, the illustrations in Charlotte’s Web are black and white, not color. I prefer color.

I’ve been rereading some of my favorite children’s stories that I read during my preteen and teen years. As a middle-aged guy I enjoyed revisiting Beatrix Potter The Complete Tales, Charlotte’s Web, Winnie the Pooh The Complete Tales, Treasure Island, Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland, The Wonderful Wizard Of Oz, Watership Down and The Wind in the Willows as much, maybe even more, than I did as a kid. All classics.

I’d shelve Dinotopia and the first Harry Potter book, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone, with this group of classic children’s stories too.

Normally I’m a sampler. I haven’t seen any of the movies from the following series, but I did read the first books, Twilight, Outlander, Fifty Shades of Grey, Divergent, etc. I sample a lot of first books, but I don’t read many complete series. The Hunger Games series by Suzanne Collins, and The Song of Ice and Fire (Game of Thrones) series by George Martin are a couple of exceptions.

Other sci-fi and fantasy authors I like include Douglas Adams, Isaac Asimov, Paolo Bacigalupi, Jack Campbell, Arthur C. Clarke, Earnest Cline, Abe Evergreen, Robert A. Heinlein, Hugh Howey, Larry Niven, Andre Norton, Patrick Rothfuss, Brandon Sanderson, John Scalzi, and Andy Weir.
on July 1, 2017
Purchased this for my grandson's ninth birthday so he could enjoy it as much as I had when I was nine. He read it quickly and loved it. But then, who doesn't love this book?
on July 20, 2017
I had this book growing up and now my grand kids are reading it! To this day, I have never been afraid of spiders because they all remind me of Charlotte....
on June 22, 2016
My wife and I loved Charlotte's Web as children so now that our daughter is at an age where she will sit and listen to a long story we decided to start with this book.

Our daughter loved every chapter of the book, it held her attention quiet well reading just a few chapters a night. She never wanted us to stop. After reading the book we followed it up by watching both movies for a family night.

If you enjoy reading and your kids are ready to listen I would highly highly recommend Charlotte's Web as a great family time book.
on September 21, 2017
One of the great children's books of our time. Brilliantly written it can be read and re-read even into adult hood. Just a superb book.
on September 13, 2017
Timely children's book that never looses it's warmth and charm. Charlotte's Web is a classic that should be read for generations.
on December 5, 2015
My kids had to have this book for school. I was shocked the hard cover book was cheaper than the soft cover! This should last, so they can both read it. I loved this book and movie as a kid. I hope my kids can share my love for it once they read it.
on September 16, 2016
I loved this book as a kid, but hadn't read it in YEARS! We had to get it to read with our children for a homeschool co-op and i forgot how great this story really is! The book itself is well made, hard cover with the original illustrations included. My son and daughter have really enjoyed having it as we read it together. If you haven't read it, or it's been years since you did, it's definitely worth sitting down with your kids and taking a refresher course on this one!