Good Lust Charm with a Chill Technique (New Wave and the Art of Heroin Maintenance Book 2) Kindle Edition
|Length: 75 pages|
- Book 2 of 2 in New Wave and the Art of Heroin Maintenance (2 Book Series)
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Top Customer Reviews
Much like Jim Carroll’s Basketball Diaries, this book is the first person narration of a fearless Kerouacian—he’s whimsical and lyrical, brutally honest and erotic, wild with flavors and tastes and the insider’s nod that you have finally arrived where it’s at. This is a fantastic story and I look forward to more from Sebastian Briglia.
This unabashed, richly detailed book makes the gritty reality of heroin addiction accessible and unromantic. Desperate for drug money, Sebastian "sells himself to science," enrolling in multiple medical studies on the physiological effects of heroin, speed and other drugs to get a free high, mentioning the times he was "too busy scratching and nodding to do anything." He does jail time (sleeping on the floor with a roll of toilet paper under his head due to overcrowding), freezes and sweats through withdrawal, and accidentally shoots up coke thinking it's white powder Chinese heroin.
No anecdote or description ever feels meant for shock value; it's all just a matter-of-fact telling infused with reflections on the thought process of an addict. Sebastian shows us how vulnerable we are to addiction, while reminding us that the high never lasts. No matter how much we try to divorce ourselves from reality, it is always there, waiting.
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
Look for Similar Items by Category
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Genre Fiction > Biographical
- Books > Parenting & Relationships > Family Relationships > Abuse
- Kindle Store > Kindle Short Reads > Two hours or more (65-100 pages) > Literature & Fiction
- Kindle Store > Kindle Short Reads > Two hours or more (65-100 pages) > Parenting & Relationships
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Genre Fiction > Biographical
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Parenting & Relationships > Family Relationships > Dysfunctional Relationships