|Digital List Price:||$0.99|
|Print List Price:||$10.50|
Save $10.50 (100%)
Your Memberships & Subscriptions
Chase Tinker and the HOUSE OF MAGIC (The Chase Tinker Series, Book 1) Kindle Edition
|New from||Used from|
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Voted Book of the Month at ReadFree.ly Book Site:
* "The book, author Paulo Coelho once said, is a film that takes place in the mind of the reader. I don't know if that's the case for all books, but it's definitely true for Chase Tinker and the House of Magic. It's not just a movie, it's a 3D blockbuster, a veritable feast for the senses!
The story whizzes along at a breakneck pace. Soon Chase and his brother Andy are teleported by their mysterious grandfather to their ancient family home, a centuries-old house of magic in which every room possesses a unique power. There they meet up with their cousin Janie and their friend Persephone. And almost immediately strange things begin to happen...
If you enjoyed the Harry Potter books you'll love Chase Tinker and the House of Magic. As a matter of fact, I can imagine this book making a movie as magical and as rich with detail as the Potter movies.
One as full of menace, too. The four kids soon find out that Chase's dad's disappearance has to do with forces intent on destroying the Tinkers and taking control of the house of magic. And only this ragtag group of kids are standing in their way..."
Readers' Favorite 5 Star Review:
* "Chase Tinker takes readers on an exciting adventure and a magical ride. The story is fast paced and the characters - Chase, Andy, Janie, and Persephone - are all real and relatable and kids would love to have the kind of adventure they read about. It's an entertaining book and the author's descriptions are detailed and vivid, helping readers to connect well with the characters and the scenes. The Tinker House will fascinate everyone with its magic, and it is interesting to see how Chase and Andy develop their magical powers. The twist at the end is unexpected, taking readers by surprise. With young heroes, whimsy, evil, and mystery, this book will make readers look forward eagerly to its sequel."
"I love the cover and title! Characters that draw you in and keep you turning the pages. I read it in one seating. Loved it!" -Book Reviewer
"Fantasy lovers will delight in the adventures of Chase and his family and friends. The action is hair-raising, the antics are fun, and the entire adventure is absolutely delightful." -Long and Short Reviews Reviewer
"The standout aspect of this novel is the writing. The characters, the setting, and the pacing are all very well done. There's plenty of action and mystery, and let's not forget the magical house that is just built out of plain awesomeness." -Goodreads Reviewer
"Chase is this perfect mix of funny, awkward, and brave." -Goodreads Reviewer
From the Author
- ASIN : B01LYDRRVV
- Publication date : October 1, 2016
- Language : English
- File size : 1827 KB
- Simultaneous device usage : Unlimited
- Text-to-Speech : Enabled
- Screen Reader : Supported
- Enhanced typesetting : Enabled
- X-Ray : Not Enabled
- Word Wise : Enabled
- Print length : 277 pages
- Lending : Enabled
- Best Sellers Rank: #4,881 Free in Kindle Store (See Top 100 in Kindle Store)
- Customer Reviews:
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Fans of Harry Potter will recognize who most of the characters are. Chase = Harry; Grandfather = Dumbledore; Janie = Hermione; I believe that Andy = Ron; Persephone =Ginny. Then you have The Marlowe Family = The Malfoy Family with 2 brothers and a sister instead; James = Draco. I'm not sure who Miranda Periwinkle represents.
The kids get in trouble, there is a rudeness to them I don't like. The Tinker House = Hogwarts with staircases, potraits one can jump into, & magical doors. There is even a large oval window, like behind the big clock. The kids get in trouble & grandfather is hiding things to protect the kids. It is such a rip off of the Harry Potter books that I am disgusted.
Read to your kids the REAL Harry Potter books. They are better written. Don't bother letting your kids read this set.
They meet Persophine, the daughter of the cook, and their cousins James and Janie. They are also learning about all the many room in the house and their magical powers. All is not fun...they are also learning about their enemies, the Marlowes. Unfortunately their cousin James has been turned by the Marlowes and he leaves.
As summer progresses Chase and Andy do not want to go home. They want to stay with their Grandfather. Will they be able to do this? Please read the book and you will find out. It is a fast and enjoyable read.
Imagine finding out that you had magical powers, and that it was a family trait! Chase and his younger brother, Andy, travel to an island in the sound off of Seattle, to their ancestral home that they never knew existed.
Fun times, scary times, cousins, and lots of magic find the brothers embroiled in a battle to save their magic from the evil Dark Ones.
Can't wait to read the next one!
Top reviews from other countries
Still the good vs evil battle, but there's no wands or potions in evidence.