- Hardcover: 106 pages
- Publisher: NorthWord Press; 1st edition (September 1998)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1559716711
- ISBN-13: 978-1559716710
- Product Dimensions: 9.2 x 11.1 x 0.6 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1.9 pounds
- Average Customer Review: 4.5 out of 5 stars See all reviews (74 customer reviews)
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #290,860 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Chased by the Light: A 90-Day Journey Hardcover – September, 1998
Collectible Photography Books
The 10 Most Collectible Photography Books of All Time. Learn more on AbeBooks.com.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
"With every frame we see the breadth of nature in a single shot... A tour-de-force." -- William Allen, Editor, National Geographic magazine
From the Publisher
Award-winning nature photographer Jim Brandenburg gave himself a challenge: for ninety days between the autumnal equinox and the winter solstice, he would take only one photograph each day. This exquisite book is the result of that bold and immensely personal project. Through the accompanying essay Brandenburg shares his innermost thoughts and passions as he witnesses the cycle of nature near his home in the northwoods of Minnesota.
Highlights include: * Author of award-winning Brother Wolf and White Wolf.
* Book designer Rita Marshall is an acclaimed talent in the field. .
* Brandenburg is one of the few photographers to win National Press Photographer's Association "Magazine Photographer of the Year" twice. .
* Evocative and emotional, journal-style text essay. .
* Book was highlighted by National Geographic-the largest number of photographs ever included in one of their articles.
Browse award-winning titles. See more
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
Top customer reviews
Mr. Brandenburg and his wife/helper condensed their daily experience of the north woods of Minnesota into the taking of just one photograph a day, sometimes not settling on a selection until sundown was almost complete.
Now that I've seen this video I am impelled to do three things: (1) take a trip to the wilderness areas of Minnesota; (2) send the DVD to a friend who herself is a photographer in the East; and (3) run, not walk, to the proper Amazon screen to order up quick the accompanying book so I may have a permanent record of these beautiful woods in the photographs, great in their simplicity, of Mr. Brandenburg.