- Audible Audiobook
- Listening Length: 11 hours and 24 minutes
- Program Type: Audiobook
- Version: Unabridged
- Publisher: Audible Studios
- Audible.com Release Date: May 29, 2012
- Whispersync for Voice: Ready
- Language: English
- ASIN: B00870FADM
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank:
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Chasing Amanda Audiobook – Unabridged
|New from||Used from|
|Free with your Audible trial|
Customers who bought this item also bought
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Molly's special gift, or curse, is her clairvoyance. She can sometimes 'see' things that others cannot. In Philadelphia, she failed the little girl, whose body was found shortly after. Now, she promised herself that she would not make that mistake again. Molly persists, using her clairvoyance and sheer stubbornness in an effort to find the child. In doing so, Molly exposes her town's shameful secrets, presenting a conclusion to this story, that I never saw coming!
Melissa Foster's skill with her characters, drew me into the story immediately. The suspense that followed made this book a definite page-turner!
A move seemed just the thing to help rebuild her families lives, and it does, but then another little girl goes missing. Molly sees visions, has nightmares. She can't let it happen again. This time she refuses to sit back and watch. She struggles to get her husband to believe in her. But with or without him, she refuses to give up until she finds the little girl.
But will she be too late?
The twist at the end is sure to get you spinning!!
An outstanding read by an author with a real flare for characterization. Writing in the mind of a little girl isn't an easy thing to do, but Melissa Foster does it brilliantly, showing how easily a child could become reliant on an adult who stole her away. Scary, believable and true.
A wonderful summer read!!
1) I read this book MONTHS ago, and it's still inside my head...and that's a good thing. Really effective fiction (in my view) changes the reader in some way and gets them thinking--and thinking, and thinking, and thinking... That's what Chasing Amanda did for me, and I love it!
2) It's a really, really good mystery. I was convinced I knew who the kidnapper was--in the beginning. Then I didn't know. And then, toward the end of the book, I thought I knew again...but, it turns out, I was wrong about that, too! Predictable? No. Not in my book. Excellent! It kept me guessing right up until the end, but it didn't leave me feeling cheated--like something had been kept from me--like so many Agatha Christie books have in the past. And I'm a big fan of Agatha Christie! Also, I didn't notice ANY loose ends, as is so often a problem in many novels--not just mysteries.
3) I went to bed reading it (when I was getting toward the end of the story), but I woke up just a few hours later (at 1 AM) just to finish the thing. I couldn't stand not knowing the answers to all the questions. So, while it didn't keep me up reading late into the night, it did WAKE me up in the middle of the night.
Melissa Foster is a fabulous storyteller, and she's just an all around great person (not that I've ever met her in person--I've just interacted with her on Facebook). For the price, you can't beat this read. If you're looking for something good to read, DON'T PASS THIS UP!
To be honest, I wasn't sure how i would feel about this book. I bought it because the author is on my friends list on face book (lol) and i wanted to support her. Imagine my surprise when I found i loved the story!
the characters were well developed and while you don't know all of their individual stories you feel as if you do. You feel like you've been next door to our heroine Molly for a lifetime. All the characters are multi dimensional.
Through out the book you naturally are trying to figure out who the abductor is. You are certain you know but then nope you don't so ok it has to be this person! I'm not a spoiler person so let it suffice to say its really not who you think it is!
Melissa Foster has done a phenomenal job with this tale. Take the plunge and pick this one up. for under $3 what is there to lose!
There are a couple aspects that leave the reader wondering. Without revealing too much, the involvement of a familiar playmate seems a bit discrepant with the conclusion's explanation, and there is a noticeable absence of information in the conclusion about a vagrant-type of man that is mentioned only once in the book but should be explained better in the end--and there is also no mention in the denoument of the local couple that provides a great deal of help in figuring out the clues. However, while the reader may want to know more of these people, the conclusion satisfactorily brings closure for the town that has unsuccessfully sought Tracey.
Recommended for those who like a good mystery without minding an element of psychic insight enhancing the story line.