Chasing the Ghost (The Green Berets Book 7) Kindle Edition
- Highlight, take notes, and search in the book
- Page numbers are just like the physical edition
- Length: 308 pages
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Enhanced Typesetting: Enabled
- Page Flip: Enabled
Switch back and forth between reading the Kindle book and listening to the Audible narration with Whispersync for Voice. Add narration for a reduced price of $7.49 when you buy the Kindle book.
Matchbook Price: $0.99
For thousands of qualifying books, your past, present, and future print-edition purchases now lets you buy the Kindle edition for $2.99 or less. (Textbooks available for $9.99 or less.)
- Thousands of books are eligible, including current and former best sellers.
- Look for the Kindle MatchBook icon on print and Kindle book detail pages of qualifying books. You can also see more Kindle MatchBook titles here or look up all of your Kindle MatchBook titles here.
- Read the Kindle edition on any Kindle device or with a free Kindle Reading App.
- Print edition must be purchased new and sold by Amazon.com.
- Gifting of the Kindle edition at the Kindle MatchBook price is not available.
100 (Fiction) Books to Read in a Lifetime
AbeBooks.com, an Amazon Company, recommends a unique list of must-read books. Learn More on AbeBooks.com.
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top Customer Reviews
I guess I need to read the fine print. I was reading this book to get ready for the newest Ghost book in Chasing the Lost (The Green Beret Series)...in which Horace teams up with retired CWO Dave Riley (now that Green Beret character is one I like, having read two of his stories). But now I am not in any rush to read another book featuring Horace.......I actually found the book pretty dull and only because I have liked several other Mayer books did I go thru and actually finish reading this one. I have not given up on Mayer, as I still have several Atlantis and Area 51 books to read, plus several other Green Beret and Black Ops book (such as Dragon Sim-13 (The Green Beret Series)).
The book does have some issues. There are some sex scenes that seemed a bit contrived to me, and could probably have been skipped entirely without damaging the book any. I think it was supposed to set the tone for the main character's mental state and to some extent it did, but at least to some extent it seemed like it was just stuck into the book for no real reason. But, a minor quibble.
I don't buy into some of the superhuman feats some of these guys are portrayed as doing in some of the author's other books, and there is a lot less of it in this book. Unfortunately, more realism on that aspect is coupled with somewhat less plausibility in other aspects, but it was not so far out that it made my BS alarm go to red alert, maybe just yellow alert.
The book features the typical Bob Mayer stuff. Guns, shooting, fighting, mysterious conspiracies, etc. Special Ops guys doing the dirty work seems to be one of the author's specialties. Like his other books, it features a lot of moral ambiguity in the characters and I like that. I suspect it more accurately reflects reality than some other authors who try to turn Spec Ops people into saints with guns. I don't see anyway that any human being can get into the down and dirty world that these guys live in and not be affected by it.
But, over all, I enjoyed the book, so it got 4 stars from me despite a few warts along the way. Incidentally, one of the warts was a silenced revolver. One would think the author would know better.
In the few reviews I have written, I never give any details about the book because I do not want to spoil anything for anyone. You can read the authors description about the book and get a very accurate picture of what the book is about. With that said, purchase this book. I started reading it this past weekend and finished it last night. I read the book in three evenings instead of watching my favorite television shows. Good thing for DVR.
The story takes place in Boulder Colorado. Considering my family enjoys going to Boulder and the surrounding area and knowing Boulder like we do, the author made me feel like I was actually there with the vivid descriptions. I could picture myself driving the same streets and seeing the same sights as he was writing about. The author was also able to give each character incredible depth and background.
I am a mystery/thriller fan and this book did not disappoint in any way.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Action & Adventure > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Mystery
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Action & Adventure > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Thriller & Suspense
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Action & Adventure > War & Military
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Genre Fiction > War
- Books > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Thrillers & Suspense > Suspense
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Action & Adventure > Men's Adventure
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Action & Adventure > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Mystery
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Action & Adventure > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Thriller
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Action & Adventure > War & Military
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Genre Fiction > War
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Suspense
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Thrillers > Conspiracies
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Thrillers > Historical
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Thrillers > Military