Amazon Vehicles Beauty Trade in your textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Home Gift Guide Father's Day Gifts Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning masterpiece masterpiece masterpiece  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now Ellen

Format: DVD|Change

Showing 1-10 of 167 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 283 reviews
on October 18, 2015
I won't waste time or space recounting the story; others have done that well. And I'll admit that this film got no Oscar nomination, but, well, I sort of have a crush on Mandy. The story might be considered saccharine by some, but it's cute and pretty well done. Plus, it ends with Nessun Dorma by a good tenor. That's worth a couple of stars right there. If you haven't seen this film yet, listen carefully for a little song that's sung during the closing credits. It's called "To Be With You," by a British singer/songwriter named Caroline Lost. I don't think it's available on an album or even as a downloadable MP3, but I did find an MP3 of it somewhere, possibly on the author's Web page, back when this movie was newly released. It's such a sweet and melodic love song that it was worth the small cost of this DVD all by itself. I've suggested and supplied it for a couple of wedding receptions where it got some "What is playing -- I have to have it" comments.
The film is actually two rom-coms in one. The small story of the characters played by Jeremy Piven and Annabella Sciorra (one of the prettiest actresses ever to grace a screen) is as charming as that of the title character
on September 20, 2016
This movie is one of the best coming of age movies, ever. In comparison to the Katie Holmes version of a President's daughter escaping her detail, Mandy Moore delivers a much stronger performance. The concept of how excessive pressure can lead to rebellion, even at or specifically, at the age when children are working to become adult, is one true of all, not just the President's daughter.

The romp through Europe, being chased by the equally in love secret service agents, will keep you smiling. When Liberty discovers the true identity of her handsome escort, you will find yourself experiencing your own first heartbreak. Your angst will be fueled by Chris Isaak, crooning out the pain.

If you are looking for a fun movie, good for most ages, that will have you laughing and tearing up, I highly recommend this film.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 6, 2014
Okay, so I got my hands on this film because I wanted to see Mark Harmon as President of the United States...come on...anyone knows he's perfect for the job. Unfortunately, I did not get enough of what I wanted and the rest of the film didn't impress. As always, the President's child is shown to live in luxury and wants to get out and be adventurous...where have we heard that before? Anyway, this dashing British fellow comes along at just the right time to help her escape her Secret Service detail (is that so easy under any scenerio?) and get her wish. But wait...this dashing British fellow is in fact one of the Secret Service and he obviously lost a coin toss or something as he is now "undercover" in order to see to it that the President's daughter has a "care-free" adventure in Europe and remains safe at the safe time...and all this was planned out by her father, who is concerned about his daughter's safety and well-being to the point where it's smothering...yeah, that's completely new too. Also, this male-and-female non-undercover team of Secret Service agents is tailing the "couple throughout their adventure while simaltaniously bickering with one another the whole way until they realized that they are in fact madly in love with one another. Okay, I get that that pair was supposed to be funny, but I wasn't laughing...okay, I did laugh a little bit because of how ridiculus this all was. Also, how many Secret Service agents are actually British, accent and all...if anyone could answer that, please do. Again, I watched this film because it had Mark Harmon as the President, but I didn't get as much of that as I would have liked. If you're willing to tolerate the rest of this film's non-harrowing plot, by all means, get the film. Otherwise, I garantee you can live without. Enjoy. Oh, and Mark Harmon For President!
on March 3, 2016
Having really enjoyed Matthew Goode in Downton Abbey, I was looking for some of his other work. This is his first American film made in 2004. It's a cute, light romantic comedy, more for younger audiences I would say, but I still liked watching Matthew. Not a deep movie, but a good date movie or when you need something light. Mandy Moore plays a teenage daughter of her US president father (Mark Harmon). Her goal is to escape the constant scrutiny of the Secret Service. It is filmed mostly in Europe the viewer gets to see some scenery from another part of the world.
on March 29, 2017
This movie should have been about the two secret service agents who fall in love in the end. That would have been a lot more interesting to watch. The chemistry between Mandy Moore and Matthew Goode just wasn't convincing, if it was there. Producers could have done a better job casting the lead roles.
on March 29, 2016
This is easily one of my favorite movies. I've been watching this movie since I was nine years old and every time we go somewhere or on a road trip I always bring it with me. It's not easily said being the presidents daughter and in this movie you get a unforgettable experience as she goes down a road that teaches her the very thing she fought against.
on May 28, 2014
I bought this movie digital format, and I wish there was a return policy on this one. The story fell short and Mandy Moore's acting here just seemed cringe-worthy. I have seen her other movies, and I quite enjoy her acting, but this one I had a hard time finishing the film.

Do not recommend.
on February 7, 2017
My wife wanted this movie. We both watched it and it's a "cute" movie with believable characters...I liked the Mathew Goode character along with Mark Harmon as the president.
on December 21, 2016
The main guy is cute which always makes for a wonderful chick flick. Mandy Moore's character is ridiculous she plays a spoiled brat so that makes the movie annoying and the whole movie long she just seems to want to throw herself at the first guy who is interested so the plot is flawed. Certainly not one of their best movies.
on August 31, 2016
Typical formulated romantic comedy. Nothing new here. The ending was a little slow with a few unnecessary scenes which slowed the predictable ending but other than that...it's what you expect from a cute rom com.