Lyft BCA Month Beauty Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books Hallo nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Electronics Gift Guide $69.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags hgg17 Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon outlanders3premiere outlanders3premierealtText Watch Outlander on Starz with Amazon Channels outlanders3premierealtText Watch Outlander on Starz with Amazon Channels  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 All-New Kindle Oasis South Park Shop Now HTL17_gno

on August 30, 2017
Fantastic book - one of the most easily understood, inspiring books on photography I have ever read - wish he wrote more - amazing photographer!
on February 5, 2017
A great read
on September 19, 2015
Wonderfully written with the clear, simple and passionate voice of the author shining through. It provides a simple path to better, more well thought out photographs.
on June 28, 2015
This book was a great read! It made me enjoy the basics of photography and the reason I started photographing in the first place! As a photographer sometimes we get caught up thinking its the equipment but really it's what's in us... How we see the world! This book also help me improve the way I saw and perceived the light around me! The only complaint is with digital copies the photos don't always end up in the same page as the caption but I think that's on kindle's part! All in all I highly recommend this book!
on June 25, 2015
This book will show you, more important, teach you about what might be missing on your photography. Not only the explanations and descriptions are clear, the presentation of example photographs are invaluable to understand each subject.
on April 7, 2015
A must have to understand composition in photography
on March 15, 2015
Very good for anyone wanting to advance from auto mode when using their DSLR. This book will show you what it means to capture images with "intent" and how important light is to that end. Topics range from the exposure triangle to the colour of light sources and how to supplement available light. It rounds off with tips about using the light while shooting in the various genre of photography.
on January 6, 2015
Very interesting read from one perspective of using available light to configure camera controls, composition, and taking pictures of almost anything anyone may come across in a normal day. The cover of the book is shot at a random street. This book taught me good pictures can be taken literally anywhere and one needs to be ready to have the camera controls ready at any given moment. Its a really interesting read and I read this book multiple times.

As far as the photos and contents, I really learned a lot from the the technique he uses for his portrait and street shots. He explains the basics well from configuring ISO and looking for available light. Also he explains available light in different kinds of photography, some better than others. One thing this book has in its pictures that a lot of other photography books don't is the equipment he uses for each shot. A great read for anyone getting into photography or has some experience in it.
on November 30, 2014
Really enjoyed the book. I listen to Ibarionex's podcast regularly and enjoy it so I thought the book would be good. It is very instructional even for an experienced photographer. I have been shooting for 40+ years and there is nothing wrong with going for a refresher course every now and again. This book for me was like attending a refresher course workshop. One can really hear his voice coming through his writing. Excellent book for beginners to learn the basics and why they apply.
on October 13, 2014
Excellent...each picture tells a story.....has caused me to look at my surroundings a little different.......