|Print List Price:||$9.99|
Save $7.00 (70%)
Chasing Rabbits (The Underground Book 1) Kindle Edition
|Length: 341 pages||Word Wise: Enabled||Enhanced Typesetting: Enabled|
|Page Flip: Enabled||
Switch back and forth between reading the Kindle book and listening to the Audible narration with Whispersync for Voice. Add narration for a reduced price of $7.49 when you buy the Kindle book.
Matchbook Price: $0.00
For thousands of qualifying books, your past, present, and future print-edition purchases now lets you buy the Kindle edition for $2.99 or less. (Textbooks available for $9.99 or less.)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
Kat follows a carrot-stealing rabbit in her yard and suddenly finds herself in the Fae world version of "Wonderland". Once there, it is crazy adventure after adventure. You never know what is going to happen next, and it's so much fun to find out.
I really enjoyed this book. I loved the snark of the main character. I also loved all of the very fun versions of some of our favorite "Wonderland" beings as well as a whole slew of new and interesting characters. I highly recommend this book to fans of fantasy everywhere. Just be warned, this is not like your childhood version of "Alice In Wonderland" so I recommend to mature readers only.
Katherine (Kat) follows or chases what she thinks is a rabbit that is always getting into her garden and stealing her carrots. And Kat does what any person would do when her curiosity gets to them when they chase a rabbit to a cave and finds a hole in the wall. She looks in and gets pulled into new wold...
What happens in this new strange word? Who does Kat meet? And what kind of adventure does Kat have? For the answers for these pondering questions you will need to read Chasing Rabbits... I did and I loved it to the very end and can't wait for book 2 to come out...
Kat finds herself deciding to come home, following an incessant voice to do so. Returning, she finds herself following what she thought was a rabbit and the next thing she knows she is in Wonderland. Which is actually the faerie world. Filled with gorgeous men that Lewis Carroll forgot to mention.
The world she creates is rather imaginative. Erin Bedford took the basis from what we all know and remember from Alice's Adventures in Wonderland and then spun it into something that is equal parts nostalgic and what-in-the-hell. It was also fun to watch Kat's own transformation in just one book, from someone that is basically ignored and kind of awkward, into a person who has to be sure of themselves and kick some ass. A few parts here and there made me tilt my head and reread, but all-in-all this was a great take on the classic tale with a fun twist that made me go "Ooooooh SNAP!"
I look forward to seeing how things pan out in the next book!
There were, though, several things that didn't do it for me. I wasn't (and still am not) fond of the Heroine. I wanted to like her, but it's as if the Author deliberately made her difficult to like. I also did not like the "Shadows"--they just seem lame as Bad Guys. The plot was choppy, with a lack of clear progression at some points (at least for me). The attempted rape scene felt useless to the plot, so I'm still not sure why that was thrown in.
I'm on the fence about going on to the second book, but this was still a decent read for me. 3-1/4 Stars.
I started with word one and could not put the book down, except a few necessary breaks, I read this book all the way through all night long!! If, I had the next one available at my fingertips, Chasing Cats, I might have tried to see how long I could have read for. Go go NOW, and leap into a terrific fantasy sci fi
Most recent customer reviews
I am most cautions of retellings of Alice in Wonderland, given that the original doesn't really have a story or plot and most definitely not a love...Read more
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Mythology & Folk Tales
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > New Adult & College
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Paranormal & Urban
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Contemporary Fiction > Fantasy
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Genre Fiction > Metaphysical
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Horror > Dark Fantasy
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Mythology & Folk Tales > Fairy Tales
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Mythology & Folk Tales > Mythology
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Suspense > Paranormal > Psychics
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Romance > Paranormal
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Fairy Tales
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Metaphysical & Visionary
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > New Adult & College
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Paranormal & Urban