Your Garage Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning LastTycoon LastTycoon LastTycoon  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 712 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 762 reviews
In purchased this set to hang a banner from a Background Stand Backdrop Support System Kit 8ft by 10ft wide By Fancier Studio TB30. These work, but the tips are separated a full inch with I am clamping the banner to the cross member bar on the backdrop support system. I worked around that by rolling about two inches of the top part of the banner, and these clamps hold it perfectly in place.

The actual clamps are about 3.75 inches end-to-end, and will open a full 2.5 inches. If you want the actual tips to be the clamping surface you will need a cross member 3/8 of an inch of less. For anything larger, you can do as I and roll a portion of the top of a banner or backdrop over the cross member bar and these will work well.

For my purposes these are relatively sturdy, and the tips are actually self-adjusting, which is a nice feature. Moreover, the tips are made of a softer material than the clamp, so they are less likely to mar a surface while the textured faces provide a positive grip.
on September 1, 2016
After a year plus of ownership, I decided to use them to hold up some background paper. Half way through the shoot i heard a loud noise followed by stuff flying around. It almost hit my model in the head.

good news is, it worked for 1.5 years no problem and i have 5 left. Just FYI there is a chance you might get hurt if one of them break like it did for me.
review image review image
on May 31, 2017
Poor quality. These clamps broke after using them once. I had to purchase metal clamps from Home Depot to replace these.
on April 1, 2014
See those little orange "pads" in the picture? They pop off & get lost VERY easily. I thought $1.25/clamp was a good deal.. it's not.

Do yourself a favor... visit Home Depot...

If you want "cheap" but better quality get:

either the HDX 3/4 in. Mini Spring Clamp (Model # 80001 Store SKU # 614593)
or the HDX 2 in. Spring Clamp (Model # 80002 Store SKU # 573682).

If you're willing to spend a little bit more, then get these: Husky 2 in. Metal Spring Clamp with Pivot Tips (Model # 012387 Store SKU # 1000021752)
on October 26, 2012
These things are really cheap plastic. There's rough plastic around the edges where the mold was imprecise, and the little orange part falls off easily. They're also not very versatile, as there's no reasonable way to attach something to the handles of the clamp for rigging up DIY mounting solutions (as you can with more sturdy clamps with a mounting hole in the handle).

I had originally given a second star because they might be useful for some low-stress purposes, but by a year later, 4 out of 6 have lost the orange part. So I'm going to stress again: these are _really_ cheap, and I think you'll be better off buying something that costs several times more but won't end up in trash.
on August 24, 2016
This is only getting a 3 star review due to the fact that 2 of the clamps were broken upon arrival. I could have sent them back and had them replaced, but going through the trouble of that would of been more work than what I actually paid for them. They are cheap clamps and the ones that work, work.
on June 18, 2015
The clamp will soon fail if opened to the 1.5" which the manufacturer advertises as the maximum opening. They explode, hurling the plastic body and the metal spring across the room. The plastic fails because it is too flimsy to withstand the force of the spring when stretched to "full" opening. Cheap indeed.
on December 30, 2015
Just used these for the first time, hung a backdrop last night using all six clamps. This morning I found one broken on the floor and later in the day another one popped off and I found broken on the floor. I'm hoping the other four don't do the same!
on February 18, 2012
Got a set of these clamps as I thought you just can't go wrong with such a low tech equipment as this, but to my dismay you can.
They break just by being open. Usually 5 to 10 minutes after being open and clamped to a tube I would hear something snap and down came the cloth they were holding.
The cloth wasn't heavy and the tube wasn't large either.
So it doesn't matter how cheap they are. If you're in the middle of a photo shoot and they break on you, you're left without clamps! Then you'd wish you paid for the good ones!
After 4 of them broke, I threw the rest away and got metal ones. I recommend you stay away from these clamps.
on February 23, 2015
Be aware that these are small clamps that will fit in the palm of your hand and not full sized clamps. I thought they were larger but in the end I like that they are smaller as I use them for my photography and they fit in my pack back without taking up too much space. You're not going to clamp anything that weighs a great deal with these but for smaller objects they will work fine.