Lyft Industrial Deals HPC Oprah's Book Club Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MMM MMM MMM  Three new members of the Echo family Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Paperwhite Game of Thrones: The Complete Seasons 1-7 now available on Blu-ray and DVD Shop now TG18PP_gno

on March 30, 2013
Generally I'll use binder clips to position and weight poster board down when I use it as a sweep but lately I've been using a velvet type material (velveteen it's called) and the binder clips don't have enough reach or depth to get around the supports so I bought these. They work very well for light weight applications. I have the larger cheaplights also, 4 1/2", that I use to keep muslin backdrops taut and they work very well that way. I did write a different review on them. Some reviewers are using the 3 3/4" to hold 10' x 20' backdrops and wonder why they fail. They're insane for doing that. First, let's look at the name of this product, Cheaplights, which easily equates to light duty. Duh! To hold large backdrops get some Pony clamps. I have a half dozen each of 1", 2" and 3" Pony clamps. They are far more expensive but they are heavy duty. Basically, use the correct tool for the job.
on January 22, 2014
These clamps work well for holding a light muslin backdrop on a cross bar. They are way overpriced for what you get, however.
Harbor Freight sells a comparable set of 6 for about $3 (and even less when they are on sale). Get them there. You will save money.

If you use a background much heavier than a bed sheet, these will be too light. Again, go the Harbor Freight route. a package of 6 Heavy clamps will cost you about the same amount as these lightweight ones.
on January 17, 2015
These little clamps are the same thing the hardware store wanted 2x the price for. The springs are strong enough to hold onto a muslin.
One of them had the little rubber pad slide off, but a drop of super glue fixed that.
They are black plastic, so a word of warning to any one else getting them. Don't try to use them too close to any halogen light source. They will absorb the heat quickly from them and distort.
on June 29, 2017
They work well and are priced accordingly. Compact. Strong grip. Recommended for grasping pipe sizes from 3/4 inch to 1 1/4 inches in diameter. Tips of clamp adapt to create nice a grip on flat object. Cheap enough that if you lose them you just buy another pack. I ordered 6 packs just because I'm always losing these things.
on March 24, 2017
Bought these to help clamp my phone back together after removing the back. Worked great.
on July 9, 2017
These work perfectly !
Got them to hold my backdrops.
on June 13, 2017
Great value but look at these as indoor-only clamps...js
on January 2, 2017
They get the job done for little things, but the plastic is a bit cheap, springs are decently strong. I would not recommend these for anything other than very light home project work, or perhaps craft making.
on February 28, 2017
Just what I expected! Seem to be pretty good quality, and they work really well with my photography backdrop stand. Holds backdrops pretty well!
on January 20, 2017
Purchased for public school system. Didn't hear any complaints (and I would) so I can only assume that tech dept was happy with the item.