BCA Month Salon Beauty Fall Reading Hallo nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags hgg17 Save $30 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment drwho drwho drwho  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on October 26, 2012
These things are really cheap plastic. There's rough plastic around the edges where the mold was imprecise, and the little orange part falls off easily. They're also not very versatile, as there's no reasonable way to attach something to the handles of the clamp for rigging up DIY mounting solutions (as you can with more sturdy clamps with a mounting hole in the handle).

I had originally given a second star because they might be useful for some low-stress purposes, but by a year later, 4 out of 6 have lost the orange part. So I'm going to stress again: these are _really_ cheap, and I think you'll be better off buying something that costs several times more but won't end up in trash.
on August 7, 2017
Had some of these in different colors. They hold tight and keep my papers together while I am sorting them. They have a strong grip.
on June 29, 2017
They work well and are priced accordingly. Compact. Strong grip. Recommended for grasping pipe sizes from 3/4 inch to 1 1/4 inches in diameter. Tips of clamp adapt to create nice a grip on flat object. Cheap enough that if you lose them you just buy another pack. I ordered 6 packs just because I'm always losing these things.
on May 31, 2013
Do not waste your money on these. They don't even function properly. All six broke the first time I used them. It is as if the plastic was not made to be strong enough to hold the pressure of the inner spring.

I feel like I was totally ripped off.

Any manufacturer would test their product first before selling.
on May 11, 2017
The clamps work well for my photo background stand....and I'm sure there are many other applications where they could be used.
on October 26, 2016
These serve their purpose well. I got a green screen and use these to hold the sides tight to prevent creasing. Works perfectly!
on March 24, 2017
Bought these to help clamp my phone back together after removing the back. Worked great.
on March 30, 2013
Generally I'll use binder clips to position and weight poster board down when I use it as a sweep but lately I've been using a velvet type material (velveteen it's called) and the binder clips don't have enough reach or depth to get around the supports so I bought these. They work very well for light weight applications. I have the larger cheaplights also, 4 1/2", that I use to keep muslin backdrops taut and they work very well that way. I did write a different review on them. Some reviewers are using the 3 3/4" to hold 10' x 20' backdrops and wonder why they fail. They're insane for doing that. First, let's look at the name of this product, Cheaplights, which easily equates to light duty. Duh! To hold large backdrops get some Pony clamps. I have a half dozen each of 1", 2" and 3" Pony clamps. They are far more expensive but they are heavy duty. Basically, use the correct tool for the job.
on July 2, 2017
using them out on my patio and they are just what I needed
on July 9, 2017
These work perfectly !
Got them to hold my backdrops.