Oil month Automotive Rebound Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Mother's Day gifts Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Fifty Shades Freed available to buy Fifty Shades Freed available to buy Fifty Shades Freed available to buy  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now TG18PP_gno

In purchased this set to hang a banner from a Background Stand Backdrop Support System Kit 8ft by 10ft wide By Fancier Studio TB30. These work, but the tips are separated a full inch with I am clamping the banner to the cross member bar on the backdrop support system. I worked around that by rolling about two inches of the top part of the banner, and these clamps hold it perfectly in place.

The actual clamps are about 3.75 inches end-to-end, and will open a full 2.5 inches. If you want the actual tips to be the clamping surface you will need a cross member 3/8 of an inch of less. For anything larger, you can do as I and roll a portion of the top of a banner or backdrop over the cross member bar and these will work well.

For my purposes these are relatively sturdy, and the tips are actually self-adjusting, which is a nice feature. Moreover, the tips are made of a softer material than the clamp, so they are less likely to mar a surface while the textured faces provide a positive grip.
on March 30, 2013
Generally I'll use binder clips to position and weight poster board down when I use it as a sweep but lately I've been using a velvet type material (velveteen it's called) and the binder clips don't have enough reach or depth to get around the supports so I bought these. They work very well for light weight applications. I have the larger cheaplights also, 4 1/2", that I use to keep muslin backdrops taut and they work very well that way. I did write a different review on them. Some reviewers are using the 3 3/4" to hold 10' x 20' backdrops and wonder why they fail. They're insane for doing that. First, let's look at the name of this product, Cheaplights, which easily equates to light duty. Duh! To hold large backdrops get some Pony clamps. I have a half dozen each of 1", 2" and 3" Pony clamps. They are far more expensive but they are heavy duty. Basically, use the correct tool for the job.
on April 1, 2014
See those little orange "pads" in the picture? They pop off & get lost VERY easily. I thought $1.25/clamp was a good deal.. it's not.

Do yourself a favor... visit Home Depot...

If you want "cheap" but better quality get:

either the HDX 3/4 in. Mini Spring Clamp (Model # 80001 Store SKU # 614593)
or the HDX 2 in. Spring Clamp (Model # 80002 Store SKU # 573682).

If you're willing to spend a little bit more, then get these: Husky 2 in. Metal Spring Clamp with Pivot Tips (Model # 012387 Store SKU # 1000021752)
on December 30, 2015
Just used these for the first time, hung a backdrop last night using all six clamps. This morning I found one broken on the floor and later in the day another one popped off and I found broken on the floor. I'm hoping the other four don't do the same!
on January 22, 2014
These clamps work well for holding a light muslin backdrop on a cross bar. They are way overpriced for what you get, however.
Harbor Freight sells a comparable set of 6 for about $3 (and even less when they are on sale). Get them there. You will save money.

If you use a background much heavier than a bed sheet, these will be too light. Again, go the Harbor Freight route. a package of 6 Heavy clamps will cost you about the same amount as these lightweight ones.
on January 17, 2015
These little clamps are the same thing the hardware store wanted 2x the price for. The springs are strong enough to hold onto a muslin.
One of them had the little rubber pad slide off, but a drop of super glue fixed that.
They are black plastic, so a word of warning to any one else getting them. Don't try to use them too close to any halogen light source. They will absorb the heat quickly from them and distort.
on March 7, 2015
The seller sent the items super speedy...I do appreciate that. However, they clamps are really quite small. Two of them broke already on the first use. I had them clamped to a standard size backdrop setup, simple light weight muslin backdrop, so not like it was anything heavy duty. The springs just popped and they fell apart...one actually smacked me in the head...so yeah not awesome.
on May 5, 2013
For months I was struggling with trying to hang my photographic backgrounds using bad clamps I bought in Home Depot. They were huge and you needed to have the strength or Hercules to open and close them.

When these arrived, they were a fraction of the size I expected them to be, but they turned out to be exactly the right size... and they are much easier to use.

Lastly, in spite of their small size and ease in opening, they still have great gripping power.
on March 24, 2017
Bought these to help clamp my phone back together after removing the back. Worked great.
on December 7, 2011
Used these clamps to hold a flat sheet to the backdrop support system I also purchased from Amazon. One of the clamps broke the first time it was used, but the other 5 held up well. I was not surprised by the clamp breaking because I'd read about this issue in earlier reviews. These clamps were reviewed as better than some of the other choices so I selected these. The clamps fit perfectly around the support system poles and held the backdrop securely in place without any slippage. They were easy to use. Thanks.