Amazon Vehicles Beauty Trade in your textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis GNO National Bike Month on Amazon Ellen

Pattern: 6 PCS|Change

Showing 1-10 of 701 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 752 reviews
In purchased this set to hang a banner from a Background Stand Backdrop Support System Kit 8ft by 10ft wide By Fancier Studio TB30. These work, but the tips are separated a full inch with I am clamping the banner to the cross member bar on the backdrop support system. I worked around that by rolling about two inches of the top part of the banner, and these clamps hold it perfectly in place.

The actual clamps are about 3.75 inches end-to-end, and will open a full 2.5 inches. If you want the actual tips to be the clamping surface you will need a cross member 3/8 of an inch of less. For anything larger, you can do as I and roll a portion of the top of a banner or backdrop over the cross member bar and these will work well.

For my purposes these are relatively sturdy, and the tips are actually self-adjusting, which is a nice feature. Moreover, the tips are made of a softer material than the clamp, so they are less likely to mar a surface while the textured faces provide a positive grip.
on February 23, 2015
Be aware that these are small clamps that will fit in the palm of your hand and not full sized clamps. I thought they were larger but in the end I like that they are smaller as I use them for my photography and they fit in my pack back without taking up too much space. You're not going to clamp anything that weighs a great deal with these but for smaller objects they will work fine.
on May 11, 2017
The clamps work well for my photo background stand....and I'm sure there are many other applications where they could be used.
on October 26, 2016
These serve their purpose well. I got a green screen and use these to hold the sides tight to prevent creasing. Works perfectly!
on March 24, 2017
Bought these to help clamp my phone back together after removing the back. Worked great.
on March 30, 2013
Generally I'll use binder clips to position and weight poster board down when I use it as a sweep but lately I've been using a velvet type material (velveteen it's called) and the binder clips don't have enough reach or depth to get around the supports so I bought these. They work very well for light weight applications. I have the larger cheaplights also, 4 1/2", that I use to keep muslin backdrops taut and they work very well that way. I did write a different review on them. Some reviewers are using the 3 3/4" to hold 10' x 20' backdrops and wonder why they fail. They're insane for doing that. First, let's look at the name of this product, Cheaplights, which easily equates to light duty. Duh! To hold large backdrops get some Pony clamps. I have a half dozen each of 1", 2" and 3" Pony clamps. They are far more expensive but they are heavy duty. Basically, use the correct tool for the job.
on February 28, 2017
Just what I expected! Seem to be pretty good quality, and they work really well with my photography backdrop stand. Holds backdrops pretty well!
on March 16, 2017
product is just as described , great service
on September 1, 2016
After a year plus of ownership, I decided to use them to hold up some background paper. Half way through the shoot i heard a loud noise followed by stuff flying around. It almost hit my model in the head.

good news is, it worked for 1.5 years no problem and i have 5 left. Just FYI there is a chance you might get hurt if one of them break like it did for me.
review image review image
on February 8, 2016
These are indeed cheap, but they still work fine. Much easier for me to buy these than wander around Home Depot looking for the equivalent.