Your Garage Beauty Summer Reading STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning Landline Landline Landline  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 291 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 332 reviews
on July 1, 2016
Update #2: I tried one more time. I used 2 tbsp of milk instead of 4 and Canola oil instead of olive oil. I rolled the dough more thinly, closer to 13 inches. Admittedly, I forgot to fork the dough which would have helped. I also preheated a pizza stone and, as the owner recommended, I pre-baked it for 15 minutes.The dough came out crispy and it bubbled up a bit (because I didn't fork it). It tasted wonderful. 4 stars because it was not a 5 star experience to get to this point.

Update: I have heard from the manufacturer, and the owner and I will be talking about how to make this. I increased from 1 star to 3 stars because the Chebe folks responded quickly and are there to help. We shall see what happens with my next attempt.

Original review:
I have tried three boxes. I have followed the directions. I even pre-baked the crust. It never cooked all the way through. The dough was RAW and never cooked completely. I even cut the pieces apart and then cooked it longer. I've cooked one pizza for over 30 minutes and the dough was still raw. In the pictures below, the top and bottom of the crust is cooked, but the center is still raw. This was expensive. I do not recommend this product.
review image review image
on May 4, 2014
I give this pizza dough 4 stars but keep in mind this is not a pizza dough review it's a gluten free pizza dough review. Anyone who thinks gluten free pizza is great has a screw loose :). But those of us with a gluten intolerance have few choices so we seek the lesser of all the gluten free pizza evils. Just don't expect this pizza to be like Dominoes or you will be highly disappointed. Having said that, I have made this dough several times and feel the instructions on the box are not the best. Here is how I make it and get much better results:

1. Use all the ingredients the box suggests including milk instead of water and 1 cup sharp cheese.
2. be sure to knead the dough thoroughly for at least 10 minutes. the dough should be fairly smooth.
3. The pan the instructions call for is far too small. Use a larger 11x17 pan (ungreased) and carefully spread the dough as evenly as possible. Too thin and the crust will fall apart, too thick and it will be gooey and gross.
4. Before adding toppings, place the crust in a 200 degree oven for 20 minutes.
5. Remove crust, increase oven temp to 450 degrees and add toppings of your choice.
6. Place back in oven for approximately 16 minutes. You want to keep the pizza in the oven for as long as you can without burning the cheese or toppings. The longer you cook it the less likely that the crust will be gooey on the inside.
7. Let cool for a couple minutes and enjoy!
on April 11, 2014
I used to pay ten bux a shot for a GF pizza from Domino's... or $15 for a pizzeria one with daiya cheese... then Chebe came into my life and I was forever changed. Nicely spiced, easy to mix together, and wonderful crunch with a pleasing chewiness... it simply can't be beat. The only problem now is that I eat pizza once a day... it's too good.

Half a box makes a nice personal pizza: I use a nonstick baking pan and make it flatbread style, and stretched out long and thin one box can make two of those (usually save half for later-- which never is very far away!) This is even better than most regular glutinous crusts I've made at home. If you love brazilian Pao de Queijo, you'll recognize and appreciate the texture, because that's what inspired the company, btw.

NOTE: I have NEVER added cheese to my crust, following the ingredients using oil, almond milk, and egg whites. It has turned out great, never sticking, and not too gooey this way. Only once had it too gooey because I was going by eye, and added too much liquid. When I measure it out the next time, the crust was perfect.
on January 3, 2014
This is by far the best tasting gluten free pizza crust I have had yet and it has way less ingredients than any others I have seen as well. Now, it is 100% vegan, but in the instructions, it says to add milk, eggs, and cheese if you want to the crust. So.....here are some pointers on how to keep it vegan and tasting delicious. The milk is easy. Substitute that with any non dairy milk. We make our own sesame seed milk and I use that. I skip the cheese because I put a non dairy cheese on top, but if you want some in the crust, my favorite non dairy cheese is daiya pepperjack shreds. It is tasty and is vegan and contains no casein! The egg replacement is up to you. I use either flax or applesauce. My favorite with this recipe is applesauce. I love the sweet taste. 1/2 cup of applesauce replaces two eggs. A mixture of 2 TBSP ground flax seed and 6 TBSP warm water replaces two eggs as well. When it is mixed, clump it all together and make a ball. Roll it out and put it on a pizza pan(the one with holes on it). This pan helps out so very many gluten free recipes to bake nice and evenly. I usually cook it a little bit before adding toppings. Play with it and see what you prefer. I cook it for 5 or so minutes before adding sauce, then add sauce, daiya pepperjacks shreds, spinach, tomatoes, garlic, whatever you want! When it seems like it is almost done(not burnt!), put your pizza on a pizza stone to make the crust crunchy. This is seriously the most delicious pizza I have made since I have been gluten free and I think you will love it, too! If you have any questions about making it vegan or substitutes, feel free to leave a comment and I will be more than happy to help. :)
Pizza is one of my favorite foods, and something that is easily missed when eating gluten free. Chebe to the rescue! I've been cooking gluten free for about 12 years now, and this is hands-down my all time favorite pizza crust.
The crust bakes up perfect time and time again, is easy to mix up, and family members NOT required to eat gf love it as well. It's a perfect mix of crispy and chewy!
After mixing the dough, I always bake the crust a few minutes (first pricking all over with a fork) before adding toppings. Then bake again. This pizza mix is perfect!

Also, I've had great success turning this mix into small calzone or pizza pockets and baking them at a lower temp - around 350F. But the basic pizza recipe on the box is still the best.
review image
on January 3, 2011
Ok so the first few times I tried this product I had mixed feelings. After a few additional tries I figured out the best way to make the crust. First instead of the 2 tablespoons of oil you will use about 1/4 cup. Don't add it all at once. Instead use your fork to mix the crust and after it is ready to knead you will slowly add the oil till you get a gum like texture. Whatever you are using to cook it on (I use a pizza stone) oil it. When you put the dough on the spread (I do mine by hand) fold it over itself a few times to start it. Then you will move it to the edges. You will have extra dough a the edges but make sure that you get the inner areas as thin as possible. If you do not this will result in the dough not cooking all the way through. You can either remove some of the extra dough around the edges or leave it (I leave mine and I love it). If you leave it, it will rise and it will look like a 14 inch soup bowl or a giant hat. You can season the edges before you cook it for dipping in butter or save the crust for crutons. Im not gonna lie, it took me a few times to figure this out but this is the best result that I have gotten from it and it is GREAT.
on August 3, 2015
This gluten free pizza crust is the best I have had. Evidently they made it before gluten free was a big deal and realized it fit a niche. I won't go out to eat pizza because it always tastes like cardboard by comparison to Chebe. People who have no gluten issues eat this without even noticing it is gluten free. I do make it with sharp cheddar and half and half for the milk/water measurement. I also tine it to death with a fork or it puffs to much.
on May 11, 2014
We had been using the regular Chebe bread mix and flattening it out as pizza crust, but we decided to try this. I was hesitant, because I am NOT good at rolling things, and didn't want to mess with it.
This pizza crust was not only seasoned deliciously, but it pressed out very easily (weren't supposed to roll it), and we actually were able to fold it over and seal it to make a calzone. The dough stuck together and stretched very nicely.
It actually tasted even better the 2nd day when we re-heated it back up in the toaster oven.
I would definitely recommend this to any gluten free person who misses (or just loves) pizza.
on August 22, 2014
I eat gluten-free (most of the time!) by choice...my gut likes me better when I do! Since I've tried this mix, I prefer it to regular pizza crust. It's tasty, chewy and delicious!

I make it in my bread machine. Here's the way that works well for me: Most bread machine instructions tell you to put the wet ingredients in the bottom of the bread pan, so the eggs, milk/water, oil and cheese (more than the cup it calls for in the instructions....I love cheese) go in first. I use more oil (EVOO Zoe Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil, 25.5- Ounce tins (Pack of 2)than the recipe calls for...filling my tablespoon measure over the bread-maker pan and letting the overflow drip in...probably an extra tablespoonful. I also add a pinch of salt and perhaps some additional herbs, or some onion or garlic powder. Then I pour in the mix and start the machine on the "dough" setting. It takes about 30 minutes to finish. I lightly oil the pan I'm using and spread the dough, using a few drops of oil on my fingers to keep it from sticking to them. As other reviewers have suggested, I pre-bake the crust before putting on the toppings. Even when I prick the crust before baking, some bubbles will form. After pre-baking for around 10 min at the oven temp. recommended for baking the pizza, I remove it from the oven, fork-prick down any bubbles and add the toppings. I bake the pizza until the toppings are slightly browned and the edges of the crust are light brown. Everyone who has tasted the Chebe Pizza Crust Mix pizzas has loved them! This is truly a great mix.

I've also used the original bread mix Gluten Free Original Cheese Bread Mix 7.5 Oz (4 Pack). It's a bit hard to mix by hand, as it takes a while to hold together, but when baked, it's really delicious. I'm going to try it in my bread machine next time I bake it. I also want to try the cinnamon roll mix Chebe Bread Cinnamon Roll Mix, Gluten Free, 7.5-Ounce Box (Pack of 8), and the Focaccia Chebe Bread Focaccia Flat Bread Mix, Gluten Free, 7.5-Ounce Bags (Pack of 8).
on April 3, 2015
By far the best gluten free pizza crust mix I have tasted. Very light, crispy and delicious. I have been a Chebe user for a while and still follow the old box directions that instructed to pre-bake the crust.

My method: prepare the dough and spread on a parchment lined pizza pan. Poke the crust liberally with a fork and pre-bake at 425 F for about 10 minutes. The crust usually pulls up on the edges but that doesn't bother me. Add your toppings and bake another 8-9 minutes at 425 F.