Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Cheese & Wine: A Guide to Selecting, Pairing, and Enjoying
Your Garage Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer PilotWave7B PilotWave7B PilotWave7B  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis DollyParton Shop Now

on May 15, 2008
This is a beautiful book to look through. As a practical guide, however,
it didn't really offer much that I could use. I have found it very difficult to locate a good number of the cheeses described in the book. So, while it was fun to read about international cheeses and the history of cheeses, I have not been able to actually try them, which I thought would be the point of the book.
Living in the Midwest, I am well aware that the nearby state of Wisconsin is the biggest producer of cheeses in the U.S. and I expected that region to be well represented in the book. Several cheesemakers there have won international contests, in the cheddar category as well as several others, and yet I found only one reference to a Wisconsin cheesemaker.
Favorite cheeses, Havarti and Brick, were not even mentioned in the book. Perhaps I need to find a cheese guide that focuses more on the readily available types found throughout the country.
on January 13, 2012
I gave this as a gift. The photos are beautiful, and the design of the pages is lovely. The only thing that would have made it better, is more pictures--one per cheese. It is a very satisfying book for beginning a love affair with cheese and pairing each with a complementary wine. I might buy a copy for myself!
on October 29, 2012
A beautiful book, extremely well written, elegantly photographed. A treasure to have for quick reference or just for some dreamy oooh-and-aah reading as you drool over these yummy-looking (and sounding!) cheeses. Can't wait to try them all with the full selection of suggested wines.
on January 6, 2015
Great shipping! But I was a little disappointed to see that there was a bit of damage on the edge of the cover. Not immediately noticeable, but I'm just a little particular about gifting items that are not in the best condition -- even with books.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 23, 2016
If you're a cheese lover,or foodie you'll enjoy this book and the pictures within. It makes a great coffee table book or gift. I saw it in a specialty cheese shop but the price was better no Amazon.
on April 18, 2013
this is a must have with the jounral for wines and notebook for cheese.... it helps guide you to the best of choices....
perfect gift...should be packaged together... !
on January 16, 2014
However, I already have the same cheese/wine book and have enjoyed it and used it as a reference many times.
on May 5, 2016
I bought this product for a wine and cheese lover. She uses it often when she has guest. The product looks more expensive than it is.
on January 21, 2015
I love this book and so does my fiance, who I bought it for Christmas.
on September 26, 2014
Great images and lots of information. One of my favorite books!