Spring Deals Automotive Best Books of the Month Casual Friday Style nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Only: $44.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MMM MMM MMM  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment. Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now TG18PP_gno

TOP 500 REVIEWERon October 14, 2016
This is the 2nd Cheetah TV Wall Mount that I have purchased. This one was purchased for my Vizio E-50 TV (50"). The mount comes with everything you need to install for various VESA mount configurations. What I recommend you use with the install is a stud finder, drill, and associated bit/screw bit.
I also installed the Datacomm 50-3323-WH-KIT behind the TV for cable management so that I could run the include 10' HDMI cable and power inside the wall versus having the cables hang down from the TV. You can't beat this mount for the price; it's sturdy and the viewing angle is adjustable. Because it's in my bedroom, I do have it an angle, which puts the top of the TV about 4.25 inches from the wall. Even at this angle, you can't see any of the cables as you enter the room (the include velcro cable management ties work perfectly.

Like most Amazon shoppers, I count on honest, unbiased reviews. I hope you have found this review helpful in making your purchase decision.
review imagereview image
55 comments| 529 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on April 3, 2012
I rarely write reviews, but I have been installing HDTVs for over 5 years and I am constantly getting questions from people asking which wall mount they should buy. Without exception, I refer them to Amazon and Cheetah Mounts. I've used over a dozen of these mounts for installations, and other than the built-in level being NOT trustworthy, this is a great mount and should work for just about any TV in the 32-65" range. I have used this to mount anything from lighter LCD/LED displays to large heavier plasma TV's and it supports all of them just fine. I have also used other expensive wall mounts in the past and so I can provide a comparative review.

A lot of the reviews say the Cheetah mount looks cheap or flimsy. In comparison to the more expensive mounts, I would agree with that observation. However, when you understand the physics of what the wall mount is actually doing, you'll realize that a bulkier mount really isn't giving you much additional support in a fixed or tilt mount application. That's because contrary to popular opinion, the wall mount isn't really carrying the entire weight of your TV - in fact, with the exception of articulating arm mounts, it's actually not even carrying a majority of it. When the back bracket is installed across two studs (which is absolutely the way it should be done) and the bolts are firmly attached, the bracket, wallboard, and studs become tied together as one cohesive unit. This allows maximum load transfer between the wall mount and the studs, which leaves the studs bearing most of the weight. This concept applies the same whether you use a Cheetah mount or a more expensive mount.

I am not saying that the more expensive mounts that use thicker gauge steel aren't stronger than the Cheetah Mount. I would definitely wager that in a side-by-side test with increasing weights, the Cheetah Mount would probably fail before any of the other mounts I have worked with just based on the gauge of steel differences. But, we're not talking about hanging your Ford Focus on the wall...we're talking about hanging a flat-panel TV and at the end of the day, the mount either holds your TV on the wall or it doesn't. And, the Cheetah Mount does a fine job doing that. This particular Cheetah mount is rated for 32"-65" TV's up to 165 lbs, and I cannot attest to the validity of that because you'll be hard-pressed to find any flat-panel display that comes even close to 165 lbs. The heaviest TV I have ever mounted in the 32" - 65" range is a 65" Panasonic plasma that weighed 100 lbs, and that is considered to be one of the heaviest TV's out there. This mount handled that TV perfectly fine.

A few pieces of advice regarding working with the Cheetah Mount:

1) As mentioned, do not trust the level that is built into the bracket - I have had some that were OK and some that were way off. The separate 6-inch level that is included is sufficient, but if you have a 2-ft or 4-ft level, you'll be most assured of being level.

2) If you don't have a stud finder, invest in one (you can use the money you saved buying this bracket vs. a more expensive one). If you have a stud finder, make sure the batteries are good. The bolts used to attach the bracket to the wall are large, so you want to hit close to the center of the stud to get maximum hold.

3) Connect the cables to the TV before hanging it. You may have to have a 3rd person connect the cables just as you are raising the TV. Once the TV is on the bracket, it will sit so close to the wall that it is almost impossible to maneuver cables around.

Long story short, if you're skeptical trusting your $1,000+ investment to a $25 bracket, don't be. This thing will work just fine, and you'll be patting yourself on the back that you spent so much less on your wall mount than your friends!
1111 comments| 1,190 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on December 1, 2016
• Easy to assemble with minor caveat described below.
• Best bang for buck I could find after weeks of research/comparison.
• The included level, HDMI cable, and magnetic strips to hold release cords behind TV are great!
• The tilt provides just enough of an angle to comfortably watch from an average height couch that sits about 8 feet away from the TV.
• Holds TV very securely if you screw into studs. They include drywall sockets, but I would highly recommend only using studs for any size TV. Most negative reviews and fallen TV examples I saw were from people who used the drywall sockets. I believe Cheeta Mounts shouldn't even include them to discourage drywall as even being an option, but mount at your own risk.

• Back piece (part that screws into wall) is comprised of 8 pieces that all screw together. This did not seem to cause any lack of structural integrity once assembled, but it did make it tricky to level. I'm OCD about this kind of stuff. I'd say the whole process took me an hour to fully mount and 50 minutes of it was trying to perfectly level the TV. Even if you measure out all the dimensions and drill with perfection, it was literally impossible for me to fully level. Granted, I got it to look visually perfect when a tool isn't used to measure. But knowing that bubble wasn't perfectly centered killed me a little inside. I eventually got over it with only minor PTSD symptoms. Maybe you'll get lucky, but if not this stand is still worth it. Any tilt is barely noticeable to the naked eye.
review image
on September 7, 2017
- can handle a decent amount of weight
- extension allows for larger vesa mounts
- tilt and locking bars
- pull cables come with magnets so they can hide behind the TV snapped on to the mount
- seems to include nearly everything besides tools required, tons of extras, including.....
- a magnetic level. snap it to the mount and you can level as you mount.
- 10' braided, gold plated, hdmi with ethernet, audio return, 3d capable, etc
- microfiber cloth to clean your dirty finger prints off of your TV after mounting it
- little LED flash light for checking behind the TV as you mount and run cables

No list for this one, just a gigantic con, the cause of my 3 star rating, and there reason I'll be waiting another 3 days to mount my TV. Don't get me wrong, this seems to be the end all, be all, one mount for them all, at first, but if your situation is not perfectly ideal for mounting, you will have issues. I bought a 65" TV, around 40lbs with 300x300mm vesa mount spacing. This mount should have worked beautifully, except walls are built with studs every 16" or 24" (as it suggests on the product page), this means that if you want to center your TV in the middle of a wall, like, most sane individuals would, your stud will also be running down the center of the mount. The studs to the left and right will be too far away, no matter which spacing they are, so you will either be forced to move the TV offset, or try to offset the mount far to one direction and push the TV all the way to the other direction. Except that wont work either. In order to utilize the large version of the mount, you have to screw on an addition, which conveniently covers either where you would want to screw through it into the wall, or where you would want the TV to mount onto (which it will refuse to do as the steel is thicker in that area).

So imagine my frustration. 65" TV sitting all janky on an undersized TV stand (I upgraded from a 55") so you can temporarily watch TV....and you go onto amazon and order everything you need...cables, wall covers to run the cables through the wall, an extended power cord because TVs always give you a 3-6', etc... and a MOUNT. You patiently await the day when everything arrives, set aside an hour, measure up the wall, mark everything off, measure again and again so you're not playing with spackle and paint later.. and it hits you, there is no way to make this work. The only work-around in this situation is drywall anchors, which even if they are rated for double what the TV weighs, I would not trust... or painting a plywood sheet and screwing it into the wall.. and then screwing the mount into that.. which requires a trip to the hardware store, paint, waiting for it to dry, and the added consolation prize of your TV being another 3/4" out from the wall after you ordered a slim mount. No thanks. There are other mounts that will fit across 3 studs for the same price, without dodgey extension brackets.
on November 9, 2015
I purchased a much more expensive mount thinking that I wanted to pull the TV out and angle it in different way. After installation, noticed the TV never seemed level and stuck out so far that it defeated the idea of having a flat screen TV. Purchased the Cheetah Mounts mount for a great price ( 1/3 of the price for the more elaborate mount) and just finished installing it. Here's what you need to know before you purchase and install this device. It is easy IF you have not prewired the back for power and cables. The space behind the unit is very tight and if you have power receptacles (especially typical 2 outlet type and not the recessed one), the challenge is to install the TV with plugs (I have a sound bar as well) and wires (I have cable and HDMI) behind the TV. There just isn't much room especially if you have long power cords and cables. My suggestion is if you are purchasing this mount, to go with a recessed power box and cables that are not too long that add additional bulk behind the TV. A second person to help plug in the devices is also recommended.I am happy with the results but it was a project to get all the wires to cooperate and get the TV to lock into place.
UPDATE Customer service contacted me with real concern over how to improve the marketing of this product. Not only did they offer a refund but wanted to assure me that the product offers a lifetime satisfaction guarantee.....listen folks, this kind of customer service is rare in the consumer world today. I have to change my rating to 4 stars and want to assure anyone who is considering mounting a flat screen TV that this is a product that you should seriously consider ..I am 100% happy with the results!
on February 26, 2017
So I cannot believe how much you get with this. In the box was the tv mount which also allows you to tilt the tv, a 10' 4K hdmi cable, a 6" plastic level, all hardware, 3 Velcro cord wraps, a microfiber cloth, and a mini flashlight for keychain. Great buy. Holds my 60" tv perfectly. Very sturdy. Great buy. Holds tv close to wall but includes spacers if you need more room behind tv.

One thing I recommend. There are two cords with plastic ends that hang down. The purpose is to pull them if you want to unlock your tv from the mount and take it off the wall. They are release cords and when engaged, the tv is locked on the mount. The box includes magnets to stick them to the mount out of site. But because my tv is large they are hard to access that way. Instead, I put small strips of Velcro on the plastic and stuck it under my tv out of site but very accessible. See pics

Great buy and there is no reason to shop for anything else. Enjoy.
review imagereview imagereview image
on December 18, 2017
This is my second purchase for this mount for a 75" Sony that is 75 pounds. I originally purchased in 2015 and Cheetah has since changed the design. I did not realize this when I purchased again. The original design worked great; but this time around I am having to return it. The 1st house had 16" on center studs that I was able to use the mount and brackets. This second time I have to shift the television to the right somewhat due to an open door. Because of that there was no way I could center it. When adding the brackets; one side of the television always hit them and it wouldn't work. I turned it over; same thing; one side or the other the brackets were either in the way of the hanging hook or was in the way of the stud. I called Cheetah and they sent two extra long brackets so I could attempt to center TV. I installed those on studs but because the brackets were still in the way the middle stud had no way to be anchored. The television needed to be shifted to the right and of course the middle of the bracket started bowing and my 75" television was in jeopardy of falling. The price is great but for a 75 pound television that needs to be off center on a 16" stud there is no way this is going to work.
on November 26, 2015
The Cheetah APTMM2B is a great product, well designed, and easy to install but HDMI cables prevent a key safety feature from kicking in! This excellent (for the right situation) wall mount is ingeniously designed to first hang your TV on a single (top) bar of the wall mount and then, when you’re finished with feeding cables through the hole in the wall, simply pressing the TVs bottom toward the wall causing noticeable clicks that signify latching to the bottom bar. At this point the TV cannot be lifted and therefore cannot be disengaged from eh top bar of the wall hanger.
With new 4k TVs being super thin and hugging the wall by as little as 1.5”, it is no wonder there is little room for cables! If we lived in a perfect world, the manufacturers of wall mounts, the TV manufacturers, and the cable manufacturers would coordinate so there would be a listing of which TVs work with which wall mounts and which cables. In the absence of that I purchased my APTMM2B simply on the basis of its Amazon reviews and description. The result is that my LG 4k TV hangs on the top bar of the wall mount but does not engage with the bottom bar so there is nothing preventing the TV from being lifted and potentially disengaging form the top bar resulting in big trouble.
For now, I am leaving the installation in place because the TV is out of reach of children and I don't expect anyone to be lifting the TV upwards, but it is a potential hazard that I am aware of as I consider how to deal with this problem.
on November 28, 2017
While this mount has been doing a fine job keeping my TV attached to my wall, I have a couple complaints:

-Although the item description touts revised, easy to understand instructions, I still found them pretty vague and confusing. For instance, only SOME of the parts are labeled with letters... others, they just leave you to guess where they match up in the assembly picture. I’d take this to a professional technical writer for a re-write.

-The drawstrings to unlock the tv from the wall bracket are flimsy, and fell off after I had mounted my TV to the wall. It looked like they were just loosely tied to the pull by hand instead of crimped. This required me to perform some contortion moves with my body and a pair of pliers to fix, and was a real pain... I pulled a muscle.

-Again, the drawstrings: hiding them and their giant blue pull tabs requires attaching an adhesive magnet (provided) and sticking them onto the bracket. After a few weeks, the adhesive failed, and now one of these ugly strings is hanging below my TV.

All in all, it’s a simple product, and it gets the job done, but the stars are in the details.
on February 16, 2018
I purchased this wall mount in February 2018 to mount a 55" TCL 55S401 in my family room. The TCL is 55" and weighs around 35lbs. The VESA mount is a 200 X 200 VESA mount. While the Cheetah wall mount includes several different sets of screws to accommodate a variety of TVs, my TV needed a four M6 x 16MM screws. Cheetah included an M6 x 20MM set of screws. I dropped into the hardware store and picked up a set of 4 M6 X 16MM screws and washers for $3.40.

Overall, I am very happy with this wall mount and I will buy another one when I get a TV for my office. I can easily recommend this TV mount. Based on other reviews, I was a little concerned and almost didn't order this wall mount. Some of these complaints need to be qualified and some of the complaints have been fixed by Cheetah.

I had read previous reviews and the three points that have been raised by other reviewers were:
1. Poor or confusing instructions
2. Cheap or flimsy construction
3. Inability to hide the cables that pull to release the display
6. Don't use the included level. It isn't accurate.

For the low price and taking the complaints with some healthy skepticism, I went ahead and ordered this mount instead of just ordering a $100 mount. I was pleasantly surprised. It appears that the manufacturer has been paying attention to the feedback and has addressed several of the complaints and even included documentation pointing out the changes to the mount. I'm going to address each of the points listed above with my observations.

COMPLAINT: 1. Poor or confusing instructions
MY EXPERIENCE: If you have never put together a piece of furniture from ikea, yes, you may be confused by these instructions. If however, you have done any home repairs beyond replacing a light bulb, you will be able to figure this out without any confusion. For me, this was simple and easy. Maybe this is one of the things Cheetah fixed.

COMPLAINT: 2. Cheap or flimsy construction
MY EXPERIENCE: The metal construction of this mount is actually stronger then I expected. It appears as thought they have changed the design to use stronger parts. Yes, the hooks that you attach to the VESA mount on the TV and use to hang the TV on the bracket are not as robust as the metal on the wall bracket, but they are more then enough for the task at hand. I didn't experience them as being flimsy or at any risk of bending. The documentation did point out that they had included new stronger lag bolts, but still warned not to over tighten them.

COMPLAINT: 3. Inability to hide the cables that pull to release the display
MY EXPERIENCE: Cheetah now includes two magnets to stick onto the handles of the pull tabs so you can easily hide the pull tabs back up under the TV.

COMPLAINT: 4. Once mounted, you can move the bottom of the TV on the mount (there is a little play)
MY EXPERIENCE: Yes, this is true. Once the TV is mounted to the wall, you can press against the TV and there is a little play on the bottom of the TV. This doesn't really bother me. Once the TV is mounted on the wall, I don't actually go touch the TV. I use the remote control, so if there is a little room for play on the bottom of the mount, this doesn't actually affect the function or performance of the mount. This is just me. I am sure that just knowing that there is play in the mount will bug some people to no end. If you already know that something like this will bug you, this isn't the mont for you.

COMPLAINT: 5. You have to assemble parts to extend the mount to anything larger then 16" studs
MY EXPERIENCE: The mount has a small main rail that you can mount all by itself to the wall. This is 16" wide. If the studs in your wall are perfectly spaced so that the center point of the TV would fall exactly between these two studs, then you are all set. If like 95% of the rest of us, you are going to experience something less then the perfect situation, this mount is adaptable. It comes with extra rail sections you can attach to lengthen the wall mount. This allowed me to extend my wall mount and be less precise with how centered the wall mount was on the wall. I made sure the main 16" portion was where I was going to hang my TV and I used the extra extension to reach out to the next set of wall studs to make sure the wall mount was securely braced against the wall. The holes for the lag bots to score into the studs were oval shaped so that I even had flexibility to drill the hols i the studs and have some ability to adjust.

COMPLAINT: 6. Don't use the included level. It isn't accurate.
MY EXPERIENCE: I already own a very good level, so I didn't even check the included level. That being said, on my first attempt to hang the TV on the wall, I discovered that while my TV was perfectly level, my house was not. I live in an older victorian and the built in wainscoting and crown moulding were sloping towards the back of the house. Actually, I suspect the whole house slopes. So having the TV perfectly level was actually a bad idea. I took the TV off the wall and adjusted the hanging brackets by loosening the screws into the VESA mount points and moving the brackets on the left down a little. In fact, when you are first mounting the brackets to the back of your TV, you put the screws through long oval slots rather then a round hole. This gives you the freedom to adjust the brakes up or down by about an inch. I recommend mounting the brackets in the middle of the oval hole so that you have room to adjust up or down if you need to make some fine adjustments.

If you need to adjust the tilt of the TV or the leveling of the TV, you will need to take the TV off the wall and make the adjustments. I know that there are other mounts out there that make this a slightly easier process. You only need to make this adjustment once and then you are done. For me, I didn't see that convenience worth paying 4X the price of this mount. I know that this cost/value equation is different for everyone. For me, this wall mount is great and I will happily get another one when the time comes to hang another TV.