Your Garage Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Samsung S8 Launch Limited time offer Luxury Beauty Handmade Mother's Day Gifts STEM Book House Cleaning henriettalacks henriettalacks henriettalacks  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Shop Now disgotg_gno_17

Showing 1-10 of 462 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 490 reviews
on November 11, 2009
There are two important metrics to look at when considering purchasing any product--the service quality given by the company and the quality of the product. After talking with customer service for Cheetah Mounts a few times, I can't stress enough what a great experience it was. Initially, my Cheetah Mounts Shelf was shipped with some missing parts, which while unfortunate can happen from time to time. I was able to resolve the issue with them easily. They were friendly and quite helpful on the phone. It's nice to see a friendly face behind a company once in a while. So, I would certainly be willing to do business with them again.

As for the product, I like it, but it has a couple of design flaws which prevent me from keeping it installed. These flaws may be minor depending on your setup, or may not affect you at all. The biggest design issue is the size of the shelves. Although the shelf size is 13 3/4 " deep x 17 1/2 " wide, because of the way the shelf sits against the curved shelf plate, the actual usable depth is 12 ". This is smaller than most A/V components. A TiVo, for example is 12 1/2 " deep. A typical surround sound receiver is over 13 " deep. So, the only component that I have that will fit comfortably no it is my PS3, which is just over 11 " deep. This is a shame, because it really is a nice looking wall rack. If you only have components that will fit in the 12 " depth available you will undoubtedly enjoy this product.

My other minor quibble is with the wall plate which holds everything up. It has a screw hole in each corner, but it would be nice if it had one in the center as well. This is because on a typical drywall installation the wall stud will be directly in the middle of the plate (assuming it is centered on your TV which is usually centered on a stud) and your screws will end up passing to either side of the stud. While there is nothing wrong with a drywall only install it would have made me feel much more comfortable if I could have an additional screw directly into a stud.

To sum of my feelings about this product, I like it. It looks nice installed and the build quality is good, it just isn't usable for me.
44 comments| 142 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 2, 2012
This was a great purchase. A few quick tips..... When you are putting the shelf together there are two long metal rods that hold all the pieces together. Before tightening the rods, lay the side of the shelf that mounts on the wall flat on a table. This will make everything line up so when you mount it it will be flush to the wall. Also make sure the mounting plate is mounted on the wall perfectly level. This will make the rest of the shelf level.
review image review image review image
on March 7, 2011
This is really a nice addition to my kids' room. He has two video game consoles on it, mounted below his TV. I put a double duplex receptacle and relocated his cable outlet to a position behind his TV and now EVERYTHING is hidden -- it looks great! Mount was easy to assemble and install - I mounted it on a stud because the TV mount is a swivel and was central stud mounted as well. There ARE holes in the center of the mount plate for a central stud installation (at least there was in my kit).
on February 1, 2016
Shelf is very nice and high quality. It received 3 stars due to the fact that the mounting bracket needs a better design. This bracket mounts to the wall and then the shelf hangs on 2 small tabs that stick out. The tabs each have a threaded screw hole. The shelf has 2 holes that are supposed to line up to secure the shelf to the bracket. In our case - the holes did not line up. We could not get the bracket to mount to the shelf on or off the wall. We ended up getting 2 small bolts and nuts to use to connect the shelf to the bracket. Then we mounted it on the wall. It was a pain, but the finished product looks good. Good Luck using only the parts in the kit! Other than that it is a high quality and nice looking shelf unit.
on March 24, 2017
Easy to put together - half the price of the box stores, and does exactly what it is supposed to do! Holds a fair amount of weight as well.
on October 12, 2013
Installed this, but somewaht disappointed not necessarily by the product but the concept itself - may not be a great idea. The wires still hang out (unless you do additional concealed wiring) - so think before you buy something like this
on May 14, 2012
Good quality product, polished appearance but, install went awry. One rod seemed slightly shorter, so it took hours to put together. The rod would slip out and I had to repeatedly slide rod through the whole assembly while the other rod was assembled with ease.
Very frustrating in the end after a banner start!
on October 25, 2009
Instructions we're really good ones. They basically give you two steps to put everything together, but it wasn't that hard to figure out. Very sturdy
on March 26, 2010
this was fairly easy to put together (read the directions) and then install. it does serve its purpose well. one of the plastic pieces came broken but it didn't prevent it being put together and can't be seen once installed. what i really like is that the shelves were deep enough from the wall to fit our cable set-top-box and also our other component. (they hung off the edge of our previous shelf)
on January 26, 2017
This item was absolutely terrible to assemble. When I finally got it together the and attempted to mount it to the wall, the holes on the wall bracket and the shelving unit did not properly align, so I had to make them larger and use different screws to hold it in place. I would not recommend this headache to anyone.