Your Garage Luxury Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Samsung S8 Launch Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Mother's Day Gifts hgg17 Book House Cleaning billions billions billions  Introducing Echo Look Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Shop Now disgotg_gno_17

Flavor: Big Beef Ravioli Overstuffed|Size: 15 Ounce (Pack of 12)|Change
Price:$33.19+ Free shipping

Showing 1-10 of 346 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 414 reviews
This is one of those items that I decided to buy to stock my log cabin for the winter. In a real pinch, these are handy and quite tasty. And, of course, delivered to my door so it really doesn't get any better than that for me.

They are definitely overstuffed as the description states. And, I don't remember ever seeing these in a grocery store near me.

These may have been on a lightning deal but I can not remember so will put that in here - just in case.

Really not much to say about good old Chef Boyardee except he has been around for many years. And, is a product that I can trust without doubt.

Highly recommended.
on February 7, 2014
If you just open these up out of the can, heat them up, and try them, you will find the sauce thin and the stuffing uneven, even gritty in part. No sale.
OK, let's go to work:
For kids, they are absolutely wholesome and fine. Serve them as is.
For a 'rainy day', put them on the shelf and only have them when a storm or other events make a reserve necessary.

For you, you have to go to work, but it's worth it:
Open the can and drain the 'sauce'. That's right, drain it. Now, goto the pantry and grab a better sauce (Prego, etc.) and use that as the sauce base.
Shazam...you will have gone from Franco-American Spaghetti O's to a real quality dish. The ravioli themselves are fine; with the proper sauce the only thing that separates them from top quality is the stuffing which should be better done.
on August 17, 2012
After reading all of the dented can reviews, I wasn't sure what to expect. I did get 3 dented cans out of the 12- one was a mild ding, one was fair, and one was such that if I'd been picking it out at the grocery store, I would have looked for a different one- I just ate that one first. Oddly, they were cans that came from the MIDDLE of the case- so something that happened at the manufacturer- NOT Amazon. The cardboard tray was unscathed. ConAgra needs to do a quality control check on their can dinging area.

Anyway, the flavor is pretty good. The first bite wasn't impressive, but since I'm on a fixed income, I only throw away stuff that is about to make me hurl, so I kept eating it. It got better, and I am glad I got the product. There were 7 ravioli in the whole can. That is a bit skimpy, but since it was going to be the only thing I had, I ate the whole can and was quite satisfied. The sauce is much more flavorful than the Chef-Boyardee regular beef ravioli that I had as a kid, and tastes more Italian.

The WHOLE can has 480 calories, 10 gms of fat, 78 gms of carbs, and 18 gms of protein. There are also 10 gms of fiber in the whole can. The serving size says that the can is about 2 servings. Hmm.... maybe for a young kid, or if there was a good salad, and fruit on the side, but I have too much pain to make full meals. I have to make do. There are 1 1/2 cups of vegetables per can- so that's good.

No preservatives or MSG. Unfortunately, it probably contains GMO sources of soy and wheat.

I originally got these to have on hand for power outages, as I have a gas oven and could heat this up. The expiration date is for 2 years from now, so that's good. I can keep them in the pantry for such occasions, but can also see being fine with eating them on days when it's just too hard to come up with anything else.
on August 27, 2012
I ordered this Chef Boyardee Italian Ravioli and was greatly satisfied. First, let's face the fact that this is a can of Ravioli, not from Olive Garden or even home cooked! For a can, it is ever so tasty and full of the "things" a body needs. The fact that Chef Boyardee does not have to advertise on TV and still has really high market sells says it all! I am in my 60's and handicapped. To have good nutrition in a can and taste great is awsome! To have it delivered for free(Prime) in two days by UPS right to my kitchen is a miracle! For all thiis, the price is absolutely fantastic! I read all the reviews. My case was shrink wrapped very well and there was not one dented can! The experation date was 2014! I had a case of Libby's peaches in the same box and it was so bubble wrapped, I had to have my neighbor's help to get the wrap off and again not one dented can! Both the Ravioli and the Peaches make great kitchen stock items!
on March 16, 2017
I really like the taste of these but I don't know why but these give heartburn to me and every member of my family after eating them. I thought it might just be a fluke but I have spoken to several other people that have told me the exact same thing. They taste fantastic but the severe heart burn afterwords just isn't worth it.
on February 19, 2014
I've love stuffed ravioli since I was a child. I consider this item the "adult" version. I microwave the contents for two minutes. I ramp up the flavor by adding garlic power, onion powder, Italian seasoning, red pepper, and sometimes ketchup or hot sauce. I hadn't tried this in a long time, and I really enjoyed the taste and portion size. This is my first time buying this item from Amazon, and I will probably do so again in the future.
I'm not a fan of canned food as a rule -- I just prefer to make things "from scratch" whenever I can.

But there are times when I just don't have the luxury of being able to spend a lot of time in the kitchen, so I like to have a variety of canned and frozen "entree"-type dishes on hand for those times.

This is one of those items. You get quite a lot in a can, which, when I purchased these, cost around a buck and a quarter per can. The pasta is not too thick, and the Italian sausage flavor definitely comes through. The sauce isn't the best, but add some grated or shredded parmesan on top, and it's not bad at all. It can be heated in the microwave or on the stovetop. It's one of those things to have around for those snowy days when I can't get out to the store, or when the power is out (my stove is gas, and I also have a small gas grill that can be used on my covered deck or in the garage with the door open part way).

OK, this isn't for serving to company, and it's certainly not upper-division gourmet fare, but for a quick rather tasty supper in a pinch, it's a decent choice.
on April 26, 2012
I bought these despite a review saying they were factory seconds because all the cans had dents in them--I hate dented cans, but the price was too good to pass up. None of the cans in my shipment had any dents at all, so maybe he just got a bad batch. Anyway, it's 12 cans of pasta, almost a pound each, for 12 bucks and change. It's relatively low in fat (even if you eat the whole can which is supposed to be two servings), low in cholesterol, and a can is 18 grams of protein with 10 grams of fiber. Only the sodium is high, though lower than most canned soups. It's hearty and satisfying, and the filling is spicier than most canned pastas.

Folks, you can't beat an entree like that at a buck a can. Order two cases and it's eligible for free shipping. They have many other varieties too. I'd buy it again in a heartbeat.Chef Boyardee Big Overstuffed Italian Sausage Ravioli, 15-Ounce Cans (Pack of 12)
on September 14, 2014
I think there is a reason this was on sale, I probably won't order the Italian Sausage again, I can eat it but I have to overcook it a bit to do so. Has anyone noticed how much liquid is in Chef Boyardee products now? It's still full flavor but it seems like the sauces are a bit watered down, so in general if I microwave any I have to overcook it a bit for a better sauce.
on September 5, 2016
Great Product!!! But messy delivery. Some cans broken . See picture. sauce all over,!!!! I Bought 10 boxes, most cans dented!!!
review image

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.