Industrial Deals Beauty Magazine Deals Womens Ski Trip Essentials nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Camila Cabello All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon thechi thechi thechi  Echo Dot Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now

Last year, I started a monthly cooking challenge that had me making new recipes each month. That led me to upgrading much of my kitchen equipment or buying new stuff (like a dutch oven).

As I look to redo the challenge for this year, I realized there are still some additions needed. Specifically, I needed a new colander.

My decades old colander, handed down from Mom, has been a trusty green friend for a long time, Alas, it has a small break in the bottom, so I need a younger companion.

Step right up with this perfectly sized and well-made colander. It's a large size (5-qt.) because, well, you just can't have too much room in your colander.

I have always preferred plastic to metal colanders for durability, flexibility and ease of cleaning. The colander arrived this morning and I wanted to test it right away and, lo, there be broccoli.

That's two big heads of broccoli in there and obviously plenty of room to spare.

My only concern was the size of the holes, which are difficult to judge from the Amazon image. I needed one that could safely handle the small elbow macaroni for my regionally-famous 7-cheese macaroni and cheese.

Upon seeing it in person, I feel pretty confident, but maybe I should just whip up a batch to test it. Right after my upcoming annual physical and blood tests. No need to spike the cholesterol before then!

I am completely satisfied, bordering on delighted, with this colander to fit my kitchen and the price was exceptional to fit my budget.
review image
on January 12, 2018
The holes in this strainer are really too big, but it does work. I've used it to make mac and cheese (kraft brand standard macaroni) They were falling through into the sink. I have also used it for angel hair pasta. I am continuing to use it until I find a replacement, so it does work you just need to be quick in the sink with it.
on April 13, 2017
Totally worth the super cheap price. Looked around for something sturdy that had a base on the bottom (so it wouldn't just roll around willy nilly in my sink) and couldn't find anything cheap. Has held up just fine in my dishwasher. Highly recommend!
on August 14, 2017
For the price (delivered to a military base in the Middle East) I can't complain. I use it to rinse my dried black beans and Portobello Mushrooms. Arrived undamaged and easy to clean.
on October 29, 2017
Solid and nice shape. I was worried the handles might be flimsy because they are hollow underneath, but they are fine. This is the perfect size unless you feed an army.
on June 17, 2017
Arrived with a large crack in the side. Most likely this occurs during rough handling/transportation during delivery. Otherwise it seems like an alright product. Nothing special about it just a typical Colander.

Returning it since it does have a crack though. It's probably simpler for most people to just buy one of these from a store in your area so you know it won't get damaged during delivery.
on December 5, 2017
You are getting what you paid for! It is clunky and cheap. It is hard to store and not very many holes for the water to go out of. I do not recommend this.
on March 16, 2017
This drains the pasta beautifully.
on April 29, 2017
Terrific. My previous colander gave me burns from a depression the held the water in the handle. For the price, this is well made, extremely sturdy, drains well and cleans easily.
on October 2, 2012
Well made for the price. Basic colandar, does the job. We use it mainly for washing salads and draining thin spaghetti - yes, some noodles may start to slide through the holes but it's really not a problem. I like that it nest with my set of stainless mixing bowls so it's a space saver that way.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.