Industrial Deals Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis hots Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 344 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 365 reviews
on November 14, 2015
This colander will do "Okay" for it's intended purpose, minus a few things.

Pros
Cheap price
lightweight, and easy enough to store.

Cons
It feels extremely cheap and almost brittle, if you were to bend this just a tad too much, I fear it would snap in half.
The holes in this puppy are huge. I use a colander for quite a few things, like rinsing veggies, pulling starch out of hash browns before cooking them, and most importantly, draining water from noodles. even thicker hash browns would fall right through the holes, you're going to lose some spaghetti when you dump them in here, and if you want to use this to drain macaroni, forget about it. I lost half the noodles to my garbage disposal last time I used this whilst making a specific "blue" brand of mac n cheese.
on December 14, 2016
This colander is larger than expected and has many uses. It's sturdy, thick, and had enough holes right at the bottom where some colanders are solid for some reason, and it even can be used to drain a small load of hand washed clothing before rinsing to save effort. I use it lined with coffee filters to drain homemade yogurt to make Greek yogurt. You use the whey separately. I got it at a lower price than is currently advertised, but it's a good deal at both prices.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon February 24, 2015
This was a pleasant surprise. It's a very nice inexpensive colander. The base isn't wobbly in the sink. It's a really nice size...deeper than most which will make this a nice "harvesting" colander this summer when we go out to pick berries, beans, and greens from the garden. Some mentioned the holes being a little too big for pasta. I don't have a problem. Some thin noodles might stick through the holes after you shake it around a little but you don't lose anything. Actually the holes are a little larger than most cheap colanders but that's one of the things I like about this one. It drains very well. It also cleans easily.
on June 17, 2016
I have been using this colander for over a week now, having purchased it a short while ago. I have had zero issues with staining, structure, or size. The colander holds up well under high heat and a heavy load, noodles or vegetables, regardless. None of the items have left any noticeable staining, though the product is white. Lastly, for the price you are paying, the product it quite large. I was able to boil two large boxes of pasta and them strain them through the colander without issue. If you are stuck on a college student budget as I am, this cheap but effective colander is worth it.
on March 16, 2017
It is sturdy enough for me to make normal meals, drain pasta, potatoes, beef, etc. Not flimsy as the price would suggest.
on July 15, 2017
I don't know why i didn't just get one at the supermarket. It's a big colander. I think anything smaller than elbow noodles will fall through the holes but i don't think the average person will use one of these on, nor be eating, anything smaller than elbow noodles. So it's generally functional.
on April 13, 2017
Totally worth the super cheap price. Looked around for something sturdy that had a base on the bottom (so it wouldn't just roll around willy nilly in my sink) and couldn't find anything cheap. Has held up just fine in my dishwasher. Highly recommend!
on August 14, 2017
For the price (delivered to a military base in the Middle East) I can't complain. I use it to rinse my dried black beans and Portobello Mushrooms. Arrived undamaged and easy to clean.
on June 17, 2017
Arrived with a large crack in the side. Most likely this occurs during rough handling/transportation during delivery. Otherwise it seems like an alright product. Nothing special about it just a typical Colander.

Returning it since it does have a crack though. It's probably simpler for most people to just buy one of these from a store in your area so you know it won't get damaged during delivery.
on March 16, 2017
This drains the pasta beautifully.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.