Add to your order
from Asurion, LLC $29.99
- NO ADDITIONAL COST: You pay $0 for repairs – parts, labor and shipping included.
- COVERAGE: Plan starts on the date of purchase. Drops, spills and cracked screens due to normal use covered for portable products and power surges covered from day one. Malfunctions covered after the manufacturer's warranty.
- PRODUCT ELIGIBILITY: Plans cover products purchased in the last 30 days.
- EASY CLAIMS PROCESS: File a claim anytime online or by phone. Most claims approved within minutes. We will send you an Amazon e-gift card for the purchase price of your covered product. In some cases, we will replace or repair it.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Dash Chef Series Stainless Steel Sous Vide, 8.5 quart, Silver/Black
|List Price:||$149.00 Details|
|With Deal:||$112.94 & FREE Returns|
|You Save:||$36.06 (24%)|
Enhance your purchase
|Item Dimensions LxWxH||14 x 11 x 9.4 inches|
|Item Weight||7.7 Pounds|
About this item
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- GOURMET QUALITY: Create restaurant quality meals right at home with precise sous vide cooking and temperature control (within 02 degrees) to retain natural juices and flavor of your meat, fish, vegetables, soups, desserts, and more
- NO OVERCOOKING: Magnetic-driven water circulation system cooks ingredients evenly, eliminating dryness or overcooked food, and seals in flavor
- ONE TOUCH DISPLAY: The LED digital timer display is sensor touch, for easy control Temperature setting ranges from 104-194°F with a time range from 10 minutes to 72 hours
- LARGE CAPACITY: The perfect kitchen accessory for picky eaters, larger families, or entertaining - make a variety of items at once in the 85qt space! Makes a great wedding or new home gift (Add to your registry NOW!)
- INCLUDES: Backed by a 1-year manufacturer warranty (2 year if you register product) and includes a hand pump vacuum sealer, 10 sealer bags, recipe book and recipe database access
- U.S. BASED SUPPORT: Dash is a U.S. based company who provides contact information in each product manual
Buy this product as Renewed and save $11.29 off the current New price.
Frequently bought together
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
Create a gourmet, restaurant-quality meal in your own kitchen with the Dash chef series digital sous vide. Precise temperature control with a magnetic-driven water circulation system allows the ingredients to cook through while maintaining moisture and heightening the flavors. The Dash chef series digital sous vide produces consistent, tasty results that actually reduce waste as the food retains its natural juices and is precisely cooked to the perfect level of doneness. The appliance brings an ingredient to a certain temperature and keeps it steady, eliminating the possibility for overcooking. As a result, a steak that is cooked in your sous vide will hold its volume, moisture, and lock in the savory flavor of the meat, while a steak that is pan-cooked loses up to 40% of volume as it Dries out.
Reviews with images
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
On the up side, the oven is easy to clean. The rack comes out, as does the cylindrical housing for the water circulator and its "magnetic pill." Emptying the water and wiping it down is all that is usually needed, although I did notice a build up of a white plaque-like substance after two successive uses without cleaning. Perhaps my local water has some unique chemicals in it! Perhaps one of the units best features is its cover. What makes the cover well designed is its sturdiness and snug fit. Judging from user reviews of other water ovens on Amazon, this is not a universal design feature. True, when you take it off, you need to hold it at an angle to let the water condensation poor back into the tank. However, this is standard for water oven covers, based on the reviews I've read. While the Dash water oven is on the small side, this might be attractive to those who live in apartments and want to keep the device on their countertop. This is certainly one reason we chose it.
What's my final verdict on this product? If you don't mind its quirky noises and small portion sizes, the Dash is an effective hybrid circulator with an attractive design and sturdy, snug cover. I'd say it is an effective sous vide water oven for a couple, an individual, or perhaps a family of four who are very light eaters. With 3rd-party racks, the size of the portions you cook in the dash can be greatly increased, only be careful to ensure comparable water circulation to that of the original rack and avoid letting bags touch the floor or walls of the tank to prevent uneven heating.
All other cuts of meat are tender and juicy. I love this product and recommend it highly.
I have used the dash weekly since I got it to cook steaks. The swirling action in the water has stopped to my disappointment. I do not know how this will affect future steaks. I
plan to open the circular cylinder and adjust the
capsule in the center. If this corrects the problem then I will increase the stars back to five.
The Dash is a perfect size for two people. But I can do steaks for up to 6 people with it. The tub is super easy to clean. There are no moving parts aside from the magnetic impeller that is removable, cleanable, and replaceable. It's impossible to gum up. The cover keeps 100% of the water inside for days (no refilling... ever, until you are cleaning the unit). The only negative is it takes a few minutes longer to heat up than the wands.
Bonuses for me are that I keep it on the counter and I can defrost my lunch with it in a few minutes. I make small one-person meat and veggie portions and seal them. Then I come home and defrost the portions super fast in the Dash and then cook up the ingredients on the stove to make rice or soup dishes. It saves me lots of money. I use the Dash almost every day and it's been several years with no fails so far.
I've been doing steaks in this then finishing on a portable stove with cast iron outside. My barbecue is now giving me the side eye. We haven't spoken in a while.
I highly recommend this product.
By Jamie on January 9, 2019
Top reviews from other countries
Very good i would recommend it for someone with the space for it.
Compare with other sous vide machines
This ItemDash Chef Series Stainless Steel Sous Vide, 8.5 quart, Silver/Black
|color||Silver/Black||Silver||-||Black||White||Container with plastic lid|
|material||Stainless Steel||Stainless Steel||Stainless Steel||Plastic||Polycarbonate||Polycarbonate|